The LED tail-lights - Page 5 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 148 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 10:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey guys,

I've been a lurker for sometime and bought my MS6 2 weeks ago (Black Cherry). You guys have alot of good information here and appreciate them. I love this car but coming from my SP23 Hatch, I miss the LED's. I happen to bump into this thread and am really interested.

car-led.com:

Are you going to do a groupbuy cause it's obvious people are interested here. I'm just alittle confused with how this is going to work with our US tail clusters. Do we need to modify the housing to fit your LED's or are you selling it with the clusters? Your site in Chinese doesn't help one bit if you're targeting the US market. Warranty? Price?

Just like WWPearlMS6, I'm interested in the inner/outer brake lights AND the signal lights as well. - If the price is right of course.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 148 (permalink) Old 11-15-2006, 01:48 AM

Send a message via MSN to 6 Pack
Alrighty , I've read everything - both threads (except the Chinese one) .... let's see if you can answer ALL my/our questions without re-asking them to you Mr. Car LED .... oh and we do get it that they light up quicker already !

We've seen them all lit up in the pics ; but we haven't seen what the whole set-up looks like un-lit . There's only one close-up pic of the driver flasher un-lit in the other closed-thread (look at the last pic in the series HERE )
BTW the flashers look like they light up YELLOW instead of AMBER (orange) ; yukky !

From what I can see , the base board that holds the LEDs looks kinda' grayish and not chrome like our stockers or the LEDs holder on the Mazda 3 . I'm not convinced on that , big-time !
I wanna see ALL the sockets filled with LEDs (including reverse lights) ; UN-lit .... to get an idea of the over-all look .... close-up pics too .
If Mz6gr8 can live with non-uniform look fine , but I CAN'T ; it's all or nothing

and
I want it in the North American BULGED tail light lense , NOT the Euro Flat which you can't see the circles completely on the outer edges when in the 6 o'clock position (dead center) in the rear . Look at Mz6gr8 PIC HERE to see what I mean . I want the lense done by you for easy 10 minute install (like you said) .... so that when they bust and I have to wait for parts to ship in ; I can use my stockers in the meantime .... if you hav'em red and if you have'em dark black (separate lenses of course) like the '06 , for sale , that would be great as well for all of us (non-bulged of course too) .

Oh ! BTW The bulged lenses have a hole that creeps through to the sides for added safety with lit lighting from the regular parking lights , unlike the flats . If you don't have those , then maybe you'll want to order a set to see what I mean or someone show you pics of what I mean .... who knows your Chinese market will go all hard over these ; like some here over the Euros

M6Gr8 , Do the Mr. Car-LEDs red lights light up TRUE-RED like our spoiler third brake lights , or they light up in a diluted-red like our STOCK tail lights ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #43 of 148 (permalink) Old 11-15-2006, 03:02 AM Thread Starter

OK, I have finally taken up time to take some video of the lights. But to be honest, it still doesn't show the full image of the thing, may be I need some professional video camera for the task . But anyhow hope it may help to show some clearer image comparing to photos which I think it barely shows the thing, let alone convincing you guys.

In aswer to question of 6 Pack, the LED shows up in red, and bright especially in the brake light. Try to compare that to the LED light in the spoiler to see if you can see much difference between them. But your concern with the bulge rear-light on your NA car, it does show there may be problem in terms of showing lights on the side where it supposes to, where the Euro lights don't require. So it worths to investigate on this matter.

Just the note on the video I took. I deliberately took this in day light due to some member raised the concern on the brightness of the LED. So hope this will show you how bright under the full daylight this LED lights up. The video is in 4mb size and once you download with the browser from Putfile's weblink, you can set the zoom to full screen to see everything clearer, so that way you can see better of what I mean.

This is the link : http://media.putfile.com/The-LED-brakeparker-on-the-6

Hope this helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 148 (permalink) Old 11-15-2006, 03:21 AM

Send a message via MSN to 6 Pack
Nice Vid and good job on the brake light mod ! The LEDS look red indeed , hopefully TRUE-RED like the spoiler ; I guess only you can confirm this LIVE .

I'm happy to see that the LEDS holder-plate seems red (lense over it ?) when UN-lit .... am I seeing right ?
Hope they come chrome for the flasher/back-up ones ... or with a similar lense (colored accordingly) !

I'm gonna have to check closer for the side lights on the bulge lenses , if there's not a separate bulb there , maybe there is ... but I got the impression by lookin' at it quickly ; that the lighting came from the rear ones .

post #45 of 148 (permalink) Old 11-15-2006, 03:35 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
I'm happy to see that the LEDS holder-plate seems red (lense over it ?) when UN-lit .... am I seeing right ?
Hope they come chrome for the flasher/back-up ones ... or with a similar lense (colored accordingly) !

[/b]
I am trying to see what you mean by LEDs holder plate. I guess you mean the LED is in red shell, then yes it is. The blinker is in clear/ slight amber colour LED and I am yet to install it, so not sure what colour it will light up exactly. But from car-led.com 's info that I got, they may drop the blinker in the kit and implement the inner and outer brake/parker as a full kit.

I think with my original (un-edit) video there may be footage of closeup LED in un-lit stage, but I am not sure, need to go through that video again when I find more time later.
post #46 of 148 (permalink) Old 11-15-2006, 09:56 AM

Groans: 1
Quote:
OK, I have finally taken up time to take some video of the lights. But to be honest, it still doesn't show the

This is the link : http://media.putfile.com/The-LED-brakeparker-on-the-6

Hope this helps.
[/b]
PERFECT! In a word thats what that is. Looks stock. Always envied the g35 coupes tails and now i can have them on mine... kind of
I want that exact setup ~ Literally
1) OEM Black Mazdaspeed 6 Tails Without Bulge
2) LED's in that perfect circle like that so it follows the oem pattern
3) LED's in the outer AND inner tail lamps
4) Dont need LED's in the tails turn signal because then I'd Have to change the one in my headlights turn signal to LED to match

I would buy the whole premade tail light kit assembly from you that way a) I dont install it myself and b) I want the tails without the bulge with led's

Only concern is that the led's in the tails match the brake light cant really tell from a video, warranty, and of course price (for tails with led's or just the led board to install myself in my own tails - which i dont want to do) Consider me a buyer if all are good

2006 Mazdaspeed 6 ~ #0806 ~ Whitewater Pearl Mica
G
rand Touring Package W/ Limited Availability Black and White Leather With Keyless Entry - Navigation - Moonroof - Wheel Locks - Auto-Dimming Mirror W/ Compass & Homelink - OEM Sirius Satellite Radio Kit - 3M Clear Bra Front End Kit - Eyelids - 20% Tint - Mazdaspeed 6 Windshield Banner (Same font as trunk) - All OEM Bulbs replaced with Super Bright White LED's - Shark Fin Antenna (Sirius Antenna Hidden Underneath) - Valentine One (V1) Bogey Detector - Clear Sidemarkers - Black True Euro Mazdaspeed 6 Tails (No bulge) - Electronically Folding Side Mirrors W/ Turn Signals & Under White LED's Courtesy Lights - CP-E's HKS BOV Kit (Runin' VTA Problemless) - CP-E Intake (Custom Painted Whitewater Pearl Mica)
2004 Yamaha R1 ~ Aspen White & Black
Gregg's Flush Mount Amber Side Blinkers, Maggo Side Mirrors with Integrated Amber Blinkers, Clear LED Tail With Integrated Amber Turn Signals, Whistler Radar Detector, Black Frame Sliders, Grazy Bomb Exhaust Inserts, Smoked PUGI Windscreen - Soon: SHOEI White Multitec Helmet ~ It's All About The White & Black Theme (White & Black Obsession?)
post #47 of 148 (permalink) Old 11-15-2006, 10:11 AM

Send a message via AIM to 6Venom
One of the issues I have is that I'm still waiting for an email with some sort of cost estimate. It's been about a week so I'm not feeling too good about doing business with a company that can't respond to a price request.

Has anyone received any type of pricing?

Information wants to be free - Entertainment wants to be paid - You want to be cheap.

2016 Mazda6 Touring
post #48 of 148 (permalink) Old 11-15-2006, 10:31 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to Indy MPS6
I received a rough price quote last night for both inner and outer housings true euro black. I think it is reasonable (in my opinion- others may not), but I am not going to post it up right now as they are not vendors to the board. Yeah, I'm a jerk, I know. I'm sorry.

Another reason I am not going to post up pricing is the company has not yet developed the board for the inner light housings. You have to keep in mind in the rest of the world the inner lights are not really used for anything except for a fog light. So this company had not yet anticipated a demand for the inner housings. Kevin indicated it would be about 2 months for the inner light housing LED boards to be developed, installed and then shipped. The price may change. I do not want to put up the price and then paint them into a corner, so to speak, if the price is different.

I also delayed them as they had anticipated people wanting only the chrome euros. I asked for the black housings.

With all this, I believe the final product will be desirable to many members here. We just need to give them some time to get the product developed. I am going to try out the outer housings LED as those are ready now I believe. So, I can be the guinea pig on those and let people know how the product performs before anyone spends a lot of $.

Imagine how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges.
post #49 of 148 (permalink) Old 11-15-2006, 10:37 AM

Send a message via AIM to 6Venom
^^Thanks for the info.

Information wants to be free - Entertainment wants to be paid - You want to be cheap.

2016 Mazda6 Touring
post #50 of 148 (permalink) Old 11-15-2006, 10:41 AM

Groans: 1
^^^good man and thank you..So they will be doing the black euros with no bulge and I assume they will do that modification that donny mentioned to make the fog light in the tail lamp useable like in the video? If they didnt anticipate the inner lamps why did they make them perfect for M6Gr8? Basically will i be able to get those tail lamps from that video (Thats exactly how i want them) to my home anytime soon?

2006 Mazdaspeed 6 ~ #0806 ~ Whitewater Pearl Mica
G
rand Touring Package W/ Limited Availability Black and White Leather With Keyless Entry - Navigation - Moonroof - Wheel Locks - Auto-Dimming Mirror W/ Compass & Homelink - OEM Sirius Satellite Radio Kit - 3M Clear Bra Front End Kit - Eyelids - 20% Tint - Mazdaspeed 6 Windshield Banner (Same font as trunk) - All OEM Bulbs replaced with Super Bright White LED's - Shark Fin Antenna (Sirius Antenna Hidden Underneath) - Valentine One (V1) Bogey Detector - Clear Sidemarkers - Black True Euro Mazdaspeed 6 Tails (No bulge) - Electronically Folding Side Mirrors W/ Turn Signals & Under White LED's Courtesy Lights - CP-E's HKS BOV Kit (Runin' VTA Problemless) - CP-E Intake (Custom Painted Whitewater Pearl Mica)
2004 Yamaha R1 ~ Aspen White & Black
Gregg's Flush Mount Amber Side Blinkers, Maggo Side Mirrors with Integrated Amber Blinkers, Clear LED Tail With Integrated Amber Turn Signals, Whistler Radar Detector, Black Frame Sliders, Grazy Bomb Exhaust Inserts, Smoked PUGI Windscreen - Soon: SHOEI White Multitec Helmet ~ It's All About The White & Black Theme (White & Black Obsession?)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page