The LED tail-lights - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 148 (permalink) Old 11-06-2006, 10:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Well, for one thing, this company is not a vendor on this board yet. If they would start listing pricing and selling options, we would have to close and remove this thread as it would violate the forum rules.
[/b]
It seems pretty obvious that they are trying to sell a product. They are using a different marketing strategy (using a customer testimonial), but they are still trying to sell a product. How can listing a price tag be any worse than what is currently going on? Seems to me that they should be permitted to answer all questions or no questions. Problems tend to crop up when you allow people/companies to work in the gray areas.

Joebob,
No longer a Mazda 6 owner. Moved to a Volvo S40 t5R.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 148 (permalink) Old 11-06-2006, 10:30 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to Indy MPS6
Well, Joebob, you seem to be pretty smart. As such, I am certain you will not buy from these folks until such time as they have answered your questions. As their marketing won't work on you in present form, there shouldn't be problems because there won't be a sale, eh?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Imagine how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges.
post #13 of 148 (permalink) Old 11-06-2006, 10:39 AM
Track Racer

Quote:
Well, for one thing, this company is not a vendor on this board yet. If they would start listing pricing and selling options, we would have to close and remove this thread as it would violate the forum rules.
[/b]
Thank you for understanding, David. (I will reply your email later.)

We are contacting the web owner to work out the details of the business obout this interesting product, please wait.

I would like to give you a forecast on it: There will be varios prices for the LED tail light based on your option:

a. Do you want the LED park/brake tail light? Of cause yes;
b. Do you want the LED tail fog light?
c. Do you want the LED turning signal light?
d. Do you want the LED park/brake light in rear window?
e. Do you want the whole complete tail kit (with housing/shells) which you can fix to your car within 10 minutes or just the inside LED boards?

So, we will give you reasonable offer of every option mentioned above.
We will make efforts to supply the product in this board ASAP, and the price will not be released before that because of the forum rules.
It took us more than 6 months to develop the LED tail light for MAZDA 6, we believe the result is satisfactory.

Thank you for keeping an eye on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 148 (permalink) Old 11-06-2006, 10:59 AM
Track Racer

Quote:
First of all, this is in relations to this thread here, so just check it out first if you have further question. : http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=61755

Anyway, car-led.com sent me a set of LED lights so that I can try out to see how their product is like as I am somewhat skeptical at them too, but I would like to give it a go as a guina pig

[/b]
Many thanks to you, Ivan. Looking forwards to hearing more good news from you. It is good that you are a killer DIYer!!
post #15 of 148 (permalink) Old 11-06-2006, 12:02 PM
Retired Moderator

Yeah, I agree with the sentiment that certain questions need to be fully answered. Full disclosure or bust. This mod is not going to be a cheap one, that's for sure.

Price is, however, only part of the issue. Other questions need to asked as well, like the type of LEDs being used. Condensation issues, etc, on the fully assembled housings. Any warranties? How long are the LEDs warranted for? What if I receive the fully assembled housing and find that water/condensation is getting in within a week of putting them on the car? What if the LED board blows up in a month's time? What if one or more LEDs start failing in a few months time? The manufacturer of this product is, from the looks of things, in China, and its not that easy to send things back for warranty repair to the other side of the world.

I'm not sure how many of you remember my thread from January this year where I built my own LED tails. They're still working happily with no issues at all. I did everything from scratch using DOT approved LEDs, i.e. intended for use on vehicles. I also ensured I was spending money on getting "the good stuff", that's locally produced, since I didn't feel like re-doing the project every couple of months. Since my car is actually driven by my wife most of the time, I also needed to ensure that the lights were much brighter than stock, not only in the tail light position, but the brake light position too. The project took me over a month to complete, and was definitely a big learning opporunity for me in many ways.

Some lessons learned: cutting open the outer tail section is quite different from cutting open the inner sections. I messed up one of the inner sections as a result and had to go buy another one from a fellow club member.

Once the whole thing is put back together again, using silicone liberally to keep water and condensation away from the electronics and outside of the housing is essential.

For all sorts and purposes, unless someone with a great engineering mind can come up with a solution, once the housing is put back together again, the LED boards inside are not serviceable. The whole thing will require taking apart again to address issues such as LEDs burning out, etc.

I'd love to get a set of these, in the least just the boards, IF car-led.com can answer the questions we are asking of him. I'm sure others will too.

VANCOUVER MAZDA6CLUB MODERATOR
2004 Mazda6 GT Hatch I4 MTX

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #16 of 148 (permalink) Old 11-06-2006, 12:56 PM

zoomzoomfan,

I completely agree with you, I was bringing up price because it is the most universal question out there. I also read in the other post where someone asked about warranty and the car-led answer was don't worry about warranty because they will last long time. This isn't the kind of answers that I want to hear.

Joebob,
No longer a Mazda 6 owner. Moved to a Volvo S40 t5R.
post #17 of 148 (permalink) Old 11-06-2006, 02:06 PM
Retired Moderator

Yep. That was me who asked that, and yes, I was quite shocked to see that sort of a response.

Absolutely, if the price is alarmingly high then the only way someone in their right mind would embark on such a journey would be if the warranty behind the product was solid.

However, if we&#39;re talking about something cheap (< $100) then some people may say "what the heck, lets give it a try".

I&#39;d be in that second category for sure.

VANCOUVER MAZDA6CLUB MODERATOR
2004 Mazda6 GT Hatch I4 MTX

post #18 of 148 (permalink) Old 11-06-2006, 02:52 PM

david if this is ok with you any chance i could ask for a price range. like between for example between 50 - 400 depending on the kit?
post #19 of 148 (permalink) Old 11-06-2006, 03:06 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to Indy MPS6
Who is David?

Imagine how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges.
post #20 of 148 (permalink) Old 11-06-2006, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Thank you for understanding, David. (I will reply your email later.)
[/b]
o lol thought yer name was david? mmaybe not..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page