The LED tail-lights - Page 14 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #131 of 148 (permalink) Old 03-01-2007, 01:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Updates?

2006 Mazdaspeed 6 ~ #0806 ~ Whitewater Pearl Mica
G
rand Touring Package W/ Limited Availability Black and White Leather With Keyless Entry - Navigation - Moonroof - Wheel Locks - Auto-Dimming Mirror W/ Compass & Homelink - OEM Sirius Satellite Radio Kit - 3M Clear Bra Front End Kit - Eyelids - 20% Tint - Mazdaspeed 6 Windshield Banner (Same font as trunk) - All OEM Bulbs replaced with Super Bright White LED's - Shark Fin Antenna (Sirius Antenna Hidden Underneath) - Valentine One (V1) Bogey Detector - Clear Sidemarkers - Black True Euro Mazdaspeed 6 Tails (No bulge) - Electronically Folding Side Mirrors W/ Turn Signals & Under White LED's Courtesy Lights - CP-E's HKS BOV Kit (Runin' VTA Problemless) - CP-E Intake (Custom Painted Whitewater Pearl Mica)
2004 Yamaha R1 ~ Aspen White & Black
Gregg's Flush Mount Amber Side Blinkers, Maggo Side Mirrors with Integrated Amber Blinkers, Clear LED Tail With Integrated Amber Turn Signals, Whistler Radar Detector, Black Frame Sliders, Grazy Bomb Exhaust Inserts, Smoked PUGI Windscreen - Soon: SHOEI White Multitec Helmet ~ It's All About The White & Black Theme (White & Black Obsession?)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #132 of 148 (permalink) Old 03-01-2007, 02:15 AM

Groans: 0
Send a message via AIM to xshellshock
Quote:
Yea, What i'm looking for is the special flasher for a non-speed 6 so i wouldnt need the resistors...But last i heard there were none available....anyone know if these flashers are around yet? this may not be the right place for this question, but it's the only good thread that mentioned it at one point.I thought someone here might know.thanks[/b]
why not just toss in an LED and resistor? I've got that, the resistor set up cost me 5 bucks to cover both sides, and about 10 minutes of time, the bulbs on the other hand were 20 a piece. I didn't read the other pages of the thread, but just wondering why you don't want a resistor.

btw here's a pic of my set up, I also have the LED rear reflectors, so those are wired into my turns also.
[attachment=20498SC_0003.JPG]
I used quick disconnects under that electrical tape, so I could switch out the resistor when I get my front turns. I just didn't have any shielded ones so I taped them instead.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0003.JPG
Views:	189
Size:	1.50 MB
ID:	53741  

<span style="color:#FF0000">
- 2006 Onyx Black 6s -

- JL Audio - Boston Acoustics - CPE - Mazdaspeed - Clutchmasters - Fidanza - AWR - Phantom Grip - Enkei - Racing Beat - Fluidampr -

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

</span>
post #133 of 148 (permalink) Old 03-01-2007, 10:25 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to Indy MPS6
Quote:
Updates?[/b]
Well, I&#39;ve been running the LED tails for about 1-1/2 months now. They look awesome!* I just need to install the LED reflector lights and I will be pretty happy overall with the look.

*-Now for the reality check: The inner housing lights suffered some individual LED failures shortly after installation. The outer light housings have performed flawlessly. I alerted car-led to this right away. They are right now in the process of testing a revised LED set up to correct the problem. I expect to have an update from them fairly soon and revised housings. I think it is good car-led is working to make this product just right upfront prior to releasing the tails for mass sale. Please continue to be patient.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Imagine how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #134 of 148 (permalink) Old 03-01-2007, 11:07 AM

Do you have to drill LED size holes in the tail lights for the install of these?

><((((>`..`..`...><((((>.
`.. , . .`.. ><((((>`..`..`...ZOOM-ZOOM!!><((MS6))>
><((((>`..`..`...><((((>.
`.. , . .`.. ><((((>
post #135 of 148 (permalink) Old 03-01-2007, 10:56 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Tazz2000
Quote:
why not just toss in an LED and resistor? I&#39;ve got that, the resistor set up cost me 5 bucks to cover both sides, and about 10 minutes of time, the bulbs on the other hand were 20 a piece. I didn&#39;t read the other pages of the thread, but just wondering why you don&#39;t want a resistor.

btw here&#39;s a pic of my set up, I also have the LED rear reflectors, so those are wired into my turns also.
[attachment=20498SC_0003.JPG]
I used quick disconnects under that electrical tape, so I could switch out the resistor when I get my front turns. I just didn&#39;t have any shielded ones so I taped them instead.[/b]

When I talked to car-led about using resistors they did not like the heat they produced. He told me after about 2 mins the resistors got to hot.

I think this is why people were looking for some kind of electronic flasher.
post #136 of 148 (permalink) Old 05-02-2007, 09:09 PM

Bump! Am inthe process of finalising an order with Car-Led now...

How are ppl&#39;s now longer-term experiences with the kits/tails?

Cheers,
Kev...

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience. My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right. Nothing is fool proof, fools are too inventive.
post #137 of 148 (permalink) Old 05-02-2007, 10:40 PM

Well, I removed mine a while back as a few of the individual LEDs failed on the inner lights within the first month of use. However, I reported this to car-led at the time and they immediately set to work on a new design. They have been testing the revised lights for the past few months. I was really bummed at the length of testing as I really think the lights are outstanding. However, I am glad they put in the time to revise and properly test the new lights.

I just received word from Kevin this evening my replacement set will ship on 20 May. I have the utmost faith the new set will work very well. I wish the weather was still cold ONLY in order to test the durability of the new lights in that environment as the LED failures were experienced in that weather. I guess the consolation will be the upcoming summer hot-weather testing (90+ Farenheit and usually high humidity)!

post #138 of 148 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 10:21 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 8 Times in 1 Post
so this a full tail light replacement? i ask because i look the look but already have true euro tails and dont want spend money on another set of tails...

post #139 of 148 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 10:31 AM

You can just buy the boards if you like. You then have to cut open your own tail lights and install yourself. That&#39;s what Ivan (M6GR8) did. I prefer having the extra set just in case...

post #140 of 148 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 10:32 AM
Retired Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Nealio Send a message via MSN to Nealio Send a message via Yahoo to Nealio
They were originally planning on selling kits that required you drill out your factory tail lights to install them, but I believe they were going to start making plug and play units due to the demand.

2005 Volcanic Red Mazda6S MTX Hatch
OBX - AWR - Mazdaspeed Acc. - Injen - CP-E - Greddy - ProSport - Corksport - Medieval Motorsports - Apexcone

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page