AC blowing hot air - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 07:46 PM
justmike2882
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Hello...im new here...tried searchin for my problem but not sure.....so i have an 06 mazda 6....only like a month old......for 3 weeks the AC worked great...then it just stopped working right around the time i put in my satelitte radio...i have the wire hardwired to the cig lighter fuse....but right around there it stopped working....at first you could turn the thermostat all the way up to 90 and back down then it would cool out...now it blows nothing but hot air...i brought it back to the dealer, they said the found nothing wrong with it...but they "reset it" and it worked...worked great for 2 days then stopped working again..im baffled as to whats wrong....the only thing i did was accidently pull the fuse that says "cabin" something.....did i mess it up by doing that? is there a way to reset it? Help me out please! LOL......

Thanks
Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 07:59 PM
Registered User
 
DennisW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NW Indiana
Posts: 2,661
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Hello...im new here...tried searchin for my problem but not sure.....so i have an 06 mazda 6....only like a month old......for 3 weeks the AC worked great...then it just stopped working right around the time i put in my satelitte radio...i have the wire hardwired to the cig lighter fuse....but right around there it stopped working....at first you could turn the thermostat all the way up to 90 and back down then it would cool out...now it blows nothing but hot air...i brought it back to the dealer, they said the found nothing wrong with it...but they "reset it" and it worked...worked great for 2 days then stopped working again..im baffled as to whats wrong....the only thing i did was accidently pull the fuse that says "cabin" something.....did i mess it up by doing that? is there a way to reset it? Help me out please! LOL......

Thanks
Mike
[/b]
Well, my guess is that something done during the satellite radio install caused the problem. I'm curious exactly what the dealer "reset" and why it only lasted two days. I'd be heading right back to that dealer and asking them the same question and also asking them to fix it permanently this time. If they're unable to then pehaps finding a more competent dealer might be a wise idea.
If its something you messed up during the radio install you might have some warranty issues to deal with, depending on how cooperative the dealer is.


"There are three easy ways of losing money - racing is the quickest, women the most pleasant, and the Stock Market the most certain."
DennisW is offline  
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 08:09 PM
justmike2882
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Well, my guess is that something done during the satellite radio install caused the problem. I'm curious exactly what the dealer "reset" and why it only lasted two days. I'd be heading right back to that dealer and asking them the same question and also asking them to fix it permanently this time. If they're unable to then pehaps finding a more competent dealer might be a wise idea.
If its something you messed up during the radio install you might have some warranty issues to deal with, depending on how cooperative the dealer is.
[/b]
ehh..shouldnt have been anything with the sirius install...all i did was run an ac cord from the sirius reciever (from my old car) to the fuse panel(not the actual sirius reciever for ther mazda 6)....its plugged into the cigarette lighter fuse and grounded to one of the bolts....the car is goin back monday...but its just a hassle......i get a rental car...but its across city from my office...and gotta fight school traffic and bus traffic and what not
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 08:12 PM
Registered User
 
DennisW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NW Indiana
Posts: 2,661
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:

ehh..shouldnt have been anything with the sirius install...all i did was run an ac cord from the sirius reciever (from my old car) to the fuse panel(not the actual sirius reciever for ther mazda 6)....its plugged into the cigarette lighter fuse and grounded to one of the bolts....the car is goin back monday...but its just a hassle......i get a rental car...but its across city from my office...and gotta fight school traffic and bus traffic and what not
[/b]
just a guess........when something malfunctions after the installation of something else in a similar area that would be the first logical place to look. it may be completely coincidence, but if it were my car that's where i would start my search.



"There are three easy ways of losing money - racing is the quickest, women the most pleasant, and the Stock Market the most certain."
DennisW is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome