Power windows not functioning properly - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 01:26 AM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
The power windows on my 06 Mazda6s is not functioning properly. The auto feature does not work on the drivers windows. I cannot lower the passenger window from the driver door switch. I can lower the back two windows. The passenger can lower the passenger window. The rear door switches can lower the rear door windows.

Does anyone have any ideas of where I can find the fault. I have checked all the fuses and they are fine. I do not see any connectors that are loose or disconnected. Any help will be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 01:29 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
The power windows on my 06 Mazda6s is not functioning properly. The auto feature does not work on the drivers windows. I cannot lower the passenger window from the driver door switch. I can lower the back two windows. The passenger can lower the passenger window. The rear door switches can lower the rear door windows.

Does anyone have any ideas of where I can find the fault. I have checked all the fuses and they are fine. I do not see any connectors that are loose or disconnected. Any help will be appreciated.
[/b]
Its an 06, should be under warranty. My guess is you have a faulty drivers side door switch. The lock control module is contained within the door switches I believe. Should be a simple job for any dealership to swap it out.

Racing Beat Muffler :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 07:53 AM
Learners License

Send a message via AIM to rayray
Had the same prob. You need to sit in the drivers seat and reprogram them. On the main panel you need to hold down the driver side window so it goes all the way down and hold it for an addt 2 secs then go right back up and hold it for an addt 2 secs and do the same for the pass side (on the main panel).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 08:05 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
To add more info, though I'm not sure this applies to the standard 6. In the speed6, you have to go to each individual window and do the above procedure before the driver's controls would operate that window. I'm guessings its not neccessary (nor are you having a problem) with the rears since you don't have auto down for them (if I recall correctly)

Disconnected my battery one time, and man this freaked me out...

2006 Mazdaspeed 6
"I completely and embarassingly apologize for all of my current and future spelling mistakes" - Me
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 09:45 AM

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
if need more help check the manual if not try to the board!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FS:
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 01:24 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Quote:
Had the same prob. You need to sit in the drivers seat and reprogram them. On the main panel you need to hold down the driver side window so it goes all the way down and hold it for an addt 2 secs then go right back up and hold it for an addt 2 secs and do the same for the pass side (on the main panel).
[/b]
Thanks everyone, this is exactly what it was. So the Mazda guy lays out the procedure for me. It is as follows:
  1. Open the driver door and leave it open. Make sure all other doors are closed.
  2. Put the key in the ignition and turn it to the on position
  3. Hold the driver window button in the down position and hold for 3 additional seconds once the window is fully down
  4. Hold the driver window button in the up position and hold for 3 additional seconds once the window is fully up
  5. Do not close the driver door, nor open any other doors
  6. Hold the passenger door window button in the down position and hold for 3 additional seconds once the window is fully down
  7. Hold the passenger door window button in the up position and hold for 3 additional seconds once the window is fully up
  8. Hold the driver side rear door window button in the down position and hold for 3 additional seconds once the window is fully down
  9. Hold the driver side rear door window button in the up position and hold for 3 additional seconds once the window is fully up
  10. Hold the passenger side rear door window button in the down position and hold for 3 additional seconds once the window is fully down
  11. Hold the passenger side rear door window button in the up position and hold for 3 additional seconds once the window is fully up
  12. Turn the ignition key to the off position
The windows are now programed correctly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page