HID with Factory Projectors - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 04:49 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Hoho
as title and description says.
(HID with Factory Projectors, will bending the cut off shield add the blue flicker to the cut off?)

so bending the cut off shield helps bring the blue color at the cut off, on the retro'd projectors.

will this do the trick for factory projectors? or will it just blur the white/yellow cut off.

and this is with a aftermarket 5000k kit

2003 Mazda6 S V6 soon to be 3.5L
Injen CAI / CPE MAF Customizer for Injen / Optimized TB / MSDS Headers / A'PEXi WS2 Catback Exhaust / Kenstyle Front and Sides / ViS CF Hood / Eibach Pro Kit 1.5/1.4 Lowering Springs / Work VS-XX 3-Piece Wheels

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Coming soon: big bore motor, diamond pistons, k1 rods, awr mounts, brembo gt bbk, ground control suspension, autoexe rear strut brace, racingbeat rear sway bar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 06:33 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
On kits, the light is the color that OEM HID cut offs have.

Mazda 6s GT MTX | Steel Grey Metallic
Magnaflow Exhaust | ECE HID Retrofit | Eibach Sportlines | RX8 18's
Pioneer | Focal | Mosconi | Hertz

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-18-2006, 12:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I think the cut off shield on the factory projectors only reflects light upward to light up road signs, but also blinds people if you don't take it out.

'16 CX-9 Touring
'04 6s MTX
Mods: Yes.
8/8/17:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-18-2006, 02:38 AM Thread Starter

nah im refering to the cut off shield that's in all projector headlamps, not the up-beam plate which i removed already. =)

Injen CAI / CPE MAF Customizer for Injen / Optimized TB / MSDS Headers / A'PEXi WS2 Catback Exhaust / Kenstyle Front and Sides / ViS CF Hood / Eibach Pro Kit 1.5/1.4 Lowering Springs / Work VS-XX 3-Piece Wheels

Coming soon: big bore motor, diamond pistons, k1 rods, awr mounts, brembo gt bbk, ground control suspension, autoexe rear strut brace, racingbeat rear sway bar.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-18-2006, 02:42 AM

Location: Waterloo (near T.O.), ON, Canada (Indonesian-Chinese)
Send a message via MSN to t_mo_t
hmm interesting.... i believe it would produce a bluer cutoff... i've tested with our H3 bosch mini fog proj and it worked really good... so i believe if you try to bend ~1mm towards the bulbs, you'll get a li'll bit bluer cutoff... NOT 100% SURE... but you can try it if you want.. lol ... but it's hard to get the shield bent evenly, as it's a mounting hole for H1, which is much smaller than D2S, when i tried to bend my fog's shield, i had the headlight apart, so i could bend it from front... if you try using a hook, u'd prob mess up the cutoff as the center part of the shield would bend more than the sides, which will give u uneven cover for the proper cutoff...

but the thing is, our H3 prj is made by bosch, and i dont know which company made our halogen proj...

why dont u become our test rat and let us know the outcome??lol..

if you bend the shield too much, it will surely become blur-er and glare the oncoming traffic MORE....

EDIT: check this out 8th pic down...

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...c=51790&hl=

Tanabe GF210 Springs, AutoExe CF grill, Retrofit (Bosch E46/Audi TT DOT projector) + Philips D2S 5000K (85122+) bulbs, Lower fog, 2 x 10" Sony Xplod, MTX MXA6001 Class D amp, 12" Varad White LED bar + 4 x Varad single LEDs, Airbox Mod, Sidemarkers Mod, Taillight Mod, Foglight Mod, Clear sidemarkers, 4 x white 6-WLEDs, 4 x white 5-LEDs, 2 x orange 5-LEDs, 2 x Polarg Hybrid XenonWhite 194 bulbs, 2 x blue 921 LEDs, 2 x OEM muffler tips,Redline MTX fluid, Ichiban Shift Knob, Ractive Shift Boot, TWM short shifter, Focal PolyGlass 130v1 components, Infinity 6802cf, Duplicolor Red caliper paint, Royal Purple 5W20 Synthetic Oil, Hawks brake pads
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-18-2006, 02:53 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
hmm interesting.... i believe it would produce a bluer cutoff... i've tested with our H3 bosch mini fog proj and it worked really good... so i believe if you try to bend ~1mm towards the bulbs, you'll get a li'll bit bluer cutoff... NOT 100% SURE... but you can try it if you want.. lol ... but it's hard to get the shield bent evenly, as it's a mounting hole for H1, which is much smaller than D2S, when i tried to bend my fog's shield, i had the headlight apart, so i could bend it from front... if you try using a hook, u'd prob mess up the cutoff as the center part of the shield would bend more than the sides, which will give u uneven cover for the proper cutoff...

but the thing is, our H3 prj is made by bosch, and i dont know which company made our halogen proj...

why dont u become our test rat and let us know the outcome??lol..

if you bend the shield too much, it will surely become blur-er and glare the oncoming traffic MORE....

EDIT: check this out 8th pic down...

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...c=51790&hl=
[/b]

hm... thx for the heads up, i just installed the kit today (on a seperate thread)
ya looking at how i'd have to do it with the headlights closed, it's gonna be hard, as i opened the headlights twice before already, i do not wanna tamper with the silicon and reseal AGAIN.

i'll see what i can do, but im probably gonna lay off bending it for now. i would love to be the test rat and let u guys know if i can do it tho

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-18-2006, 02:54 AM

lol i c.. and yeah... i've tried to mod my bosch h3 and it really did work... it has blue cutoff now.. and i m using stock halogen bulbs btw...

Tanabe GF210 Springs, AutoExe CF grill, Retrofit (Bosch E46/Audi TT DOT projector) + Philips D2S 5000K (85122+) bulbs, Lower fog, 2 x 10" Sony Xplod, MTX MXA6001 Class D amp, 12" Varad White LED bar + 4 x Varad single LEDs, Airbox Mod, Sidemarkers Mod, Taillight Mod, Foglight Mod, Clear sidemarkers, 4 x white 6-WLEDs, 4 x white 5-LEDs, 2 x orange 5-LEDs, 2 x Polarg Hybrid XenonWhite 194 bulbs, 2 x blue 921 LEDs, 2 x OEM muffler tips,Redline MTX fluid, Ichiban Shift Knob, Ractive Shift Boot, TWM short shifter, Focal PolyGlass 130v1 components, Infinity 6802cf, Duplicolor Red caliper paint, Royal Purple 5W20 Synthetic Oil, Hawks brake pads
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-18-2006, 02:59 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
lol i c.. and yeah... i've tried to mod my bosch h3 and it really did work... it has blue cutoff now.. and i m using stock halogen bulbs btw...
[/b]

hm... that's pretty cool, would u happen to have the link to the how to? (unless it was mentioned in the thread u posted xD)

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-18-2006, 03:08 AM

it;s just bending the shield... i used my fingers, as i had the headlight apart... but if yours closed, you can and use a cloth hanger with styrofoam at the edge(to prevent scratching).... like i said, maybe u'll get uneven cutoff if you bent it in the middle instead of balancing it... but it's a rare case anyway...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page