1-3 switch at far left on mazdaspeed6. - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 12:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
It activates the time circuits and flux capacitor

'03 Speed Yellow 6i | Sport Pkg | Leather | Sport Grill | Injen CAI | Magnaflow Cat-back Exhaust | 20% Tint all around | 6000K Xenon Factory Phillips HID kit | 12" JL Audio W3V2 Subwoofer | Eclipse PA4212 Amplifier | AudioLink USB Adapter | 18x7 Kazera KZ-V Wheels | 225/40ZR18 BF Goodrich g-Force Sport Tires | Rotora Brake Rotors and Pads | JDM Tinted Euro Tails | Clear sidemarkers | LED Bulbs all around | Atenza badge | 2.3 badges

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 12:17 PM

RTFM
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-15-2006, 07:30 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
"RTFM" might be true.. but upping your post count with stupid shit like that doesn't help anyone....

0 - (All the way down)... this is best when you don't need to "see" the road... but you want lights for other drivers to see you...

1 - Good setting for night city driving... When there are lights around but not enough to completely see the road

2 - Setting for driving at night... with a clear sky and stars / moon...

3 - This setting is what pisses other drivers off... and why so many people hate HID headlights... you'll blind the shit outta people... But you'll see the road in any light situations =)

Only use 3 if you are alone on a highway.. similar to brights.. only they aren't bright enough to switch down every time someone is in the other lane...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-15-2006, 07:47 PM

Send a message via AIM to dsulli37 Send a message via Yahoo to dsulli37
You have it backwards. 0 is as high as it gets...and that is for normal driving. 1, 2, and 3 are for cargo and people in the car. These settings LOWER the lights to make up for the weight in the back!

My babies:
2008 A4 2.0T Quattro w/APR 93 Octane Chip
2007 Altima SE 3.5L V6
2006 Mazdaspeed6 GT (Someone needs to buy this car)
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-17-2006, 02:52 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
.... THough i'm sure cargo and such have a purpose... if you run the lights on the highest setting with say.. only 1 or 2 people in the vehicle... you will BLIND the shit out of oncomming traffic... While you may not care.. I personally don't want to be a hue ass... When people see my car and lights they always comment HOW MUCH they hate them because people blind them on the roads with HID's... I just inform them its inproper use... and demonstrate... parked several yards infront of their vehicle... with the setting all the way down.... i can see the road ... they don't get blinded.. the first 0 and 1... settings do not blind people.. and allow you to see the road....

Its only in super dark areas with no lights that you need the 2 or 3 setting.... which is almost like having BRIGHTS on... you can see the entire road... and for quite a distance...

Anyway doesn't matter... The whole point is adjustment depending on the situation... if you have people in the car.. you might need higher or lower settting to see.... But when the vehicle is empty.. running on the highest setting will blind people... and spread the HID hate...
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-17-2006, 03:55 PM

Send a message via AIM to dsulli37 Send a message via Yahoo to dsulli37
You have it wrong! 0 is the highest setting. 1 2 3 all lower them. 1 or 2 people in the car at 1 or 2 setting makes them point at the ground more. Go aim them at a garage and watch. 0 is for normal everyday driving!

If 0 blinds people on your car they need to be lowered.

My babies:
2008 A4 2.0T Quattro w/APR 93 Octane Chip
2007 Altima SE 3.5L V6
2006 Mazdaspeed6 GT (Someone needs to buy this car)
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-19-2006, 04:03 AM

Send a message via AIM to jse2480
I agree. 0 or MAYBE 1 is the setting that I feel would be "normal." In fact, personally I think that 2 or 3 is actually way too low for regular driving by myself. One thing I'm curious about though, is if I remember, in my MS6GT, if I rotate the switch all the way up, I get 0. However, I have a friend that has an M6SGT and in her car, to get to 0 you have to rotate it all the way down. I could just be mistaken, but is this switch opposite in the 6 as it is in the MS6?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page