Looking For A 12v Source That Doesnt Go Off - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 07:18 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey guys I installed my DEFI BF boost gauge and control unit this weekend but it needs a direct battery connection (or any 12V source that does not turn off with the car) so it can retain my settings and peaks and whatnot.

Right now I have it spliced into the cig lighter power (with a fuse) but since those turn off with the ignition I lose my settings on my gauge, anyone know an easy line to tap in on since I don't want to run another wire from the battery through the grommet (what a PITA that was!)

2006 MazdaSpeed6 Sport
Liquid Platinum - Auxmod stereo input for Sirius, Sharkfin antenna, Tinted Clear Corner markers, 20% tint all around, Zaino'ed, DEFI BF Imperial Boost Gauge,Control Unit Black MS6 euro tails, and SSR GT-7's 18x8 +51 Offset (custom machined to fit)

Quote:
In conclusion, I'm an engineer and you're a weeny.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Hey guys I installed my DEFI BF boost gauge and control unit this weekend but it needs a direct battery connection (or any 12V source that does not turn off with the car) so it can retain my settings and peaks and whatnot.

Right now I have it spliced into the cig lighter power (with a fuse) but since those turn off with the ignition I lose my settings on my gauge, anyone know an easy line to tap in on since I don't want to run another wire from the battery through the grommet (what a PITA that was!)
[/b]
You might have to do some probing with a multimeter but i'm sure one of the wires that goes to the instrument clust and one in the ignition harness have a contstant 12v. Your best bet is to find a Mazda turbo timer install and use that wire.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 11:17 AM

Another wire you could tap is the constant power to the cd player.

2006 GT V6 5spd, black on black, fujita intake, no mufflers, passport hidden radar detector.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 11:19 AM

Send a message via AIM to dabears2k Send a message via MSN to dabears2k
as long as you are running lines to the engine bay anyways, why not put a fuse and attach it directly to the battery?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"We have no words for speaking of wisdom to the stupid. He who understands the wise is wise already."
-G.C. Lichtenberg
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
as long as you are running lines to the engine bay anyways, why not put a fuse and attach it directly to the battery?
[/b]
i already ran my wire for the boost gauge and when doing so managed to "pop" the grommet out of place and spent the better part of an hour getting it back in and scraping up my hand something fierce...not looking forward to doing that again.

the CD player isnt a bad Idea...maybe I'll take my multi meter to my fuse box and see what's "hot."

2006 MazdaSpeed6 Sport
Liquid Platinum - Auxmod stereo input for Sirius, Sharkfin antenna, Tinted Clear Corner markers, 20% tint all around, Zaino'ed, DEFI BF Imperial Boost Gauge,Control Unit Black MS6 euro tails, and SSR GT-7's 18x8 +51 Offset (custom machined to fit)

Quote:
In conclusion, I'm an engineer and you're a weeny.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page