194 Parking Light Q? - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-25-2006, 10:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to ReCLaIM Send a message via MSN to ReCLaIM
Quote:
Im thinking about changing the 194s in my headlights. I want something thats pure white and that gives the "halo" effect. I have read about inverted 194's and from what I have read, it seems like those would be the best to maintain the halo effect...... can anyone comment from experience or post pics or suggest something to me?

I posted in the sticky above and did a few searches, but after a month in the sticky and no replies Im takin my question to the big board.
[/b]
I have the same thing in my parking lights.. but I got the PIAA 4000k extreme white low beams, and now it makes those look yellow.. blahh.. cant win for losing.

I'm gonna find something else.. its good to hear that led's will burn out fast.. thats good to know before I order some.

03 6s Onyx Black,AEM CAI,Magnaflow Cat-back Exhaust, B&M Transmission Cooler,Magnafine In-line transmission filter, Blue 4-LED 194's Doors/Maplights, PIAA Extreme White H1 low beams, Brake Light Mod,Side Marker Turn signal mod. Black painted headlights, black console. Leather, heat, Bose.. and nothing else worth mentioning
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-25-2006, 11:45 AM
Learners License

Quote:
I have the same thing in my parking lights.. but I got the PIAA 4000k extreme white low beams, and now it makes those look yellow.. blahh.. cant win for losing.

I'm gonna find something else.. its good to hear that led's will burn out fast.. thats good to know before I order some.
[/b]

How do the PIAA 4000k extreme white h1's bulbs work for you in terms of the color and also actual function of increases light??
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-25-2006, 12:38 PM

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Yup. Thats what I was looking for. Im going to give the inverted from autolumination a shot. If they last a year, thats great because they are only what, 2-3 bucks. Whoopty doo. I dont need 3 high powered lights on when I am driving, these are for dusk and for look only.
[/b]
word to the wise though...i got the white ones, and they actually look bluish purple. really cool, but totally screw the color coordinating of all the lights lol. i'm sure there are pics on here somewhere...but if it stops raining in jersey i'll take a few pics tonight before i replace them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

05 6s sedan 3L V6, 6spd *cp-e, autoexe, CordovaMotorsport, Steeda, Mazdaspeed , RacingBeat, Toyo, 5zigen, AIT, DGM, DDM*
No Replacement For Displacement.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-25-2006, 01:00 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to ChicagoKid
Quote:
Im thinking about changing the 194s in my headlights. I want something thats pure white and that gives the "halo" effect. I have read about inverted 194's and from what I have read, it seems like those would be the best to maintain the halo effect...... can anyone comment from experience or post pics or suggest something to me?

I posted in the sticky above and did a few searches, but after a month in the sticky and no replies Im takin my question to the big board.
[/b]
Here's mine...
PIAA 194. These are really bright white, kinda near to xenon white.
go to racinglab.com part# PN19263
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PIAA1.JPG
Views:	643
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	49385   Click image for larger version

Name:	PIAA2.JPG
Views:	2683
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	49386  

2006 MS6 GT
Platium Silver/Black on white leather
~MSR 044 18x8 +42 gunmetal wheels
~Mazdaspeed CAI
~Megan Racing Springs
~Tokico HP Series Dampers
~Omori 45mm Boost guage
~Redline white leather shifter cover
~RPM AudioLink
~XM radio
~VG Shark Fin
~6000K Xtec Xenon & projector housing mod
~PIAA extreme white parking LED
~PIAA Plasma Ion yellow fogs
~Tinted windows, fogs & side markers
~Side markers to turn signal mod
~Brake light mod
~Tail light mod
~Clutch pedal adjustment mod
~Fog light mod
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Yup. Thats what I was looking for. Im going to give the inverted from autolumination a shot. If they last a year, thats great because they are only what, 2-3 bucks. Whoopty doo. I dont need 3 high powered lights on when I am driving, these are for dusk and for look only.
[/b]
Philter25: have you got these yet and how do they look?

Slapstick: what brand where those inverted 194's that were bluish?

Thanks for your help.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 09:47 PM

Groans: 3
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to Hockyguy171 Send a message via Yahoo to Hockyguy171
Quote:

[/b]
Get the blue rockblocker and it will make your piaa bulbs look so much nicer and give it an hid look without taking away any light.

2006 MS6 6 GT
FI CF Hood | Autoexe CF Front lip | Autoexe CF Grille | Autoexe CF Side Pillars | 18x8 TSW Trakstar 5 | Corksport FMIC pc'd black | Turbosmart BOV | Corksport TP | Magnaflow catback | COBB AP | AE Tower bar | Car-led tail lights | TWM shifter kit stage 2 | TWM Desert Eagle | Apexi TT | Shark fin | 35% tint | Rear tinted reflectors | Nightshade clear side markers | Xtec Angel Eyes | Apexcone 6000k H1 | PIAA fogs | MSD DH | COBB shifter weight | SU rmm
2009 CBR600RR
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 03:35 PM

Send a message via AIM to PDX6 Send a message via MSN to PDX6 Send a message via Yahoo to PDX6
Quote:
Get the blue rockblocker and it will make your piaa bulbs look so much nicer and give it an hid look without taking away any light.
[/b]
anytime you place a filter (IE a blue, clear film what have you) over a light source you WILL LOSE LIGHT OUTPUT. I dont get it when people put on the blue film and think that they are not losing light output. The human eye is just more sensitive to the blue wavelength so you think that it has the same output, when in fact it doesnt. The blue is also absorbed by wet pavement more readely so in bad weather you are S.O.L.
Think of it this way, the halogen bulb produces light on th warmer side of the light spectrum meaning it is not producing very much "blue light" at all, mostly yellow. If you place a fllter only allowing the blue through, you are cutting out all the warmer (yellow) color spectrum that should be illuminating the road. But since the human eye is more sensitive to the blue it appears to be bright, But in fact is mostly just non-usable light. Correct me if im wrong.

'06 tungsten 6s
Straight Pipes w/magnaflow tips, 35%tint, black out badge, shaved door guard, K&N fliter with gutted airbox, resonator delete and custom open fog besel
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 04:22 PM
Retired Moderator

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
I do have the blue rockblocker on. They cut the light output very little, almost no difference than before. It's a different story if you have the smoked rockblocker which will cut the light output significantly.

2006 Black Mazdaspeed6
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-18-2006, 06:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Philter25: have you got these yet and how do they look?
[/b]
I got the inverted LEDs last week but I was on vacation so I didnt have time to install them today. The inverted LED's didnt turn on...... I installed them in my parking lights, they fit in well, but when I turned my parking lights on neither of them came on. The fit into the socket was a little tight so Im thinking maybe that had something to do with it....... I dont know if they were 100% connected.

I also ordered the WLED's for my side markers and they fit perfectly and look great...... makes me want to throw up when I look at the stock fogs and h1s.

Im upgrading my lighting in steps..... sidemarkers, parking lights, then h1 and h3s in an attempt to get everything to match.

Quote:
I had inverted LEDs for a few months, but have just ordered some regular bulbs on account of one of the LEDs starting to strobe from the heat. This was only on one side. However, in my opinion...halo look or not, the inverted only look good when on by themselves without the low beams. other than that, you can barely notice them there the (inverted ones anyway, being that its only a single source LED)
[/b]
Did you have any fitament problems with them? Read my above post. I ordered them from autolumination and when I plugged both of them into my parking light socket, neither came on.

post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-18-2006, 10:14 PM

hmmm i like chicago's PIAA bulbs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page