Installed Superbright White Leds - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-04-2006, 01:53 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
I installed white led's on the 4 map lights, the 2 door lights and the license plate lights.

Getting the front map light cover off was a b*tch. Had to use a tiny bit of tin foil on the LEDs for the front map lights so that they made contact (Make sure the foil for each side don't touch each other). I went with all white LEDS. It was also hot and humid as hell tonight.

You can see the two strips of foil used to help make contact.

License plate, looks a lot better than the yellow lights, and it lights up the ground a bit.

From the left side. Note: Used a 3 second exposure, makes it look a bit brighter than it really is. Excuse the blurs.

From the right side. Again it's not quite as bright as the picture makes it seem but pretty close.

From the inside, again sorry for the blurriness.

I love the white leds, it's so clean and calm.

2006 Onyx Black Mazda6i Sport Sedan *First 06 with a CP-E MAFci kit* CP-E guinea pig
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-04-2006, 02:13 AM

Well...Tell your agent you're ready to start filming inside your car Looks sweet too BTW!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-04-2006, 08:08 AM Thread Starter

Yeah, I definately have the "Lights" part of "lights, camera, action!"

2006 Onyx Black Mazda6i Sport Sedan *First 06 with a CP-E MAFci kit* CP-E guinea pig

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-04-2006, 12:06 PM

Send a message via AIM to HighSpeed6 Send a message via Skype™ to HighSpeed6
That's looking great! I want to do this so bad.

|206HP| |204TQ|
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-04-2006, 12:12 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Which LEDs did you use? 4, 5, or 6?

"Parents, teach your children. Children, teach your parents. Teachers, teach your pupils. Pupils, teach your teachers. Vision is the river, and we who have been changed are the flood."

"The world will not be saved by old minds with new programs. If the world is saved, it will be saved by new minds - with no programs."

2004 Mazda6s GT - Magnaflow Exhaust, 35% tint, leds everywhere

1996 MX5 Miata - Flying Miata Spring, KYB AGX shocks, 4 point roll-bar, Kenwood 3-ways, Alpine HU, Sony tweeters, and some other stuff...
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-04-2006, 12:32 PM Thread Starter

Someone PM'd me asking for specific info, so I thought I'd just post it here for general reference.

Firstly I ordered off of Superbrightleds.com so these sizes etc are exactly as I ordered from their website. http://www.superbrightleds.com/mini-wedge.html

Type of LEDs used (ALL 194 type):

Maplights AND license plate (both use the same led): WLED 6-LED Bulb, 4 for maps lights and 2 for license plate @ $3.74 each.

Courtesy Door Lights (only the front doors have lights incase you didn't notice): WLED 5-LED Wide Angle LED bulb, 1 for each door @ $3.94 each.

Total Cost: 6 WLED 6-LED Bulbs for $22.44
2 WLED 5-LED Bulbs for $7.88
+ $5.00 Shipping
TOTAL = $35.32

How to install license plate light:

Just pop of the plastic covers. There are two plastic latches on either side of the plastic cover, just use a flat head and pry them off and pull the plastic cover off, should come off fairly easily.

Then you pull the bulb straight out. My roommate came up with a nifty trick since we were having trouble gripping it (hands are too sweaty). Just wrap a piece of electrical tape around it and it's easier to pull them out. Note: It was humid as hell and we couldn't grip onto the bulb for anything without the tape.

Then just insert the 6-LED bulbs into each side and replace the plastic covers so they snap back into place.

For the door lights, simply use a flat head screwdriver and pop them right off. Here's a picture from the other thread.
Pull out the old bulbs and replace with the 5-LED bulbs.

For info on the map lights go to this thread. http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=7530

post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-05-2006, 08:35 PM

Send a message via AIM to MazdaDucky
Quote:
Someone PM'd me asking for specific info, so I thought I'd just post it here for general reference.

Firstly I ordered off of Superbrightleds.com so these sizes etc are exactly as I ordered from their website. http://www.superbrightleds.com/mini-wedge.html

Type of LEDs used (ALL 194 type):

Maplights AND license plate (both use the same led): WLED 6-LED Bulb, 4 for maps lights and 2 for license plate @ $3.74 each.

Courtesy Door Lights (only the front doors have lights incase you didn't notice): WLED 5-LED Wide Angle LED bulb, 1 for each door @ $3.94 each.

Total Cost: 6 WLED 6-LED Bulbs for $22.44
2 WLED 5-LED Bulbs for $7.88
+ $5.00 Shipping
TOTAL = $35.32

How to install license plate light:

Just pop of the plastic covers. There are two plastic latches on either side of the plastic cover, just use a flat head and pry them off and pull the plastic cover off, should come off fairly easily.

Then you pull the bulb straight out. My roommate came up with a nifty trick since we were having trouble gripping it (hands are too sweaty). Just wrap a piece of electrical tape around it and it's easier to pull them out. Note: It was humid as hell and we couldn't grip onto the bulb for anything without the tape.

Then just insert the 6-LED bulbs into each side and replace the plastic covers so they snap back into place.

For the door lights, simply use a flat head screwdriver and pop them right off. Here's a picture from the other thread.
Pull out the old bulbs and replace with the 5-LED bulbs.

For info on the map lights go to this thread. http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=7530
[/b]
Thanks for telling which ones you bought. I just bought mine! They look great!

<div align="center">2004 Mazda 6i Redfire Metallic
Mods: Clear NA Tail Lights, Clear Side Markers, Bright White LED Dome, Door, and License Plate Lights, Appearance Package, Tinted, Air Box Mod, Full Leatherseats.com Two-Toned Leather Interior...
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-05-2006, 10:00 PM

Send a message via MSN to Stealth01
I used the 6-LEDs too, only mine were red.

Did you use flash when you took the pic?

06 Mazdaspeed6 GT
Black Cherry Mica, Two-Tone Leather Interior, Bose Audio Package, Moonroof
Goodyear Eagle GTs, Mazdspeed CAI, "O" Series Stubby Antenna, JBARONE SSP, Red LED Dome & Door Lights,
Whistler Pro-78 RD Hardwired
"Since the dawn of the internet, the world has been fueled primarily by the collective energy of English teachers turning in their graves." -Hyujuki87 (Corrected for grammar and spelling)

post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-05-2006, 10:07 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
This is the pic that did it for me...

"Parents, teach your children. Children, teach your parents. Teachers, teach your pupils. Pupils, teach your teachers. Vision is the river, and we who have been changed are the flood."

"The world will not be saved by old minds with new programs. If the world is saved, it will be saved by new minds - with no programs."

2004 Mazda6s GT - Magnaflow Exhaust, 35% tint, leds everywhere

1996 MX5 Miata - Flying Miata Spring, KYB AGX shocks, 4 point roll-bar, Kenwood 3-ways, Alpine HU, Sony tweeters, and some other stuff...
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-05-2006, 10:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I used the 6-LEDs too, only mine were red.

Did you use flash when you took the pic?
[/b]
Negative. Using a flash would cancel out the light from the LED&#39;s. All I did was sec the exposure for a little over 2 seconds.

This is what it looks like with flash.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page