User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-28-2006, 05:43 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
I just don't know what to do!!! I want 5000k thats for sure but 35w or 50w is the question. I have searched and seen all the pics. The only thing that is holding me back on the 50w is if the cops will stop me ever. I dont want a cop to even think about pulling me over.

So my worries is the 50w too strong? How about 35w? Is it brigther than OEM BMW hid's and Acura's? I am not doing retro because the Xtec kits is 250 for 35w and 290 50w and 400 for retro.

So any comments would help.

Thanks for any reponse and peace.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-28-2006, 06:26 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I installed my 35W 5K xtec kit a few weeks ago and am extremely impressed with the light output and color. I had to readjust the aim of the beams, but once done, the light output seems to rival, and in some cases, exceed OEM HIDs of other cars I pull up along at night. This includes some Acuras, Bimmers, and other imports. As a matter of fact, the 35W kit puts out so much light already, that I don't feel the 50W kit would be better, but would possibly be more annoying to other drivers if it wasn't aimed just right. If I had really known just how much better the 35W HIDs were over the OEM halogens, this probably would have been one of my very first mods.

2003 Performance White 6s MTX, CPE CAI MAF-CI, Xtec 5000K HIDs, Superwhite LEDs, TB bypass, EGR mod, Iridium NGKs, 25% tint, clear sidemarkers w/ turn signal mod, brakelight mod, SU MM, MazdaSpeed Short Throw Shifter, Custom Exhaust: 12" glass pak resonator and axle-back Str8s, Flat Black painted bezels, Exedy Stage 1 clutch and Fidanza Flywheel, ceramic pads, Redline MT-90, Mobil-1 0W-20 and Mobil-1 Mercon V PS fluid
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-28-2006, 07:10 PM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Groans: 2
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via Yahoo to toy4x
If you live out in the boonies...get the 50w...normal city driving and highway 35w is plenty..I have 2 5000k 35w Xtec kits one on my M3 and M6 and do not need anything else...You will be surprised by how much more of the road you will see. Pull up to ANY OEM hid kit and you will outshine them, just the cutoff obviously isn't even close to OEM. AND stay with 5000k..the color and output is perfect.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-28-2006, 07:21 PM

Send a message via AIM to Matt60158
Quote:
If you live out in the boonies...get the 50w...normal city driving and highway 35w is plenty..I have 2 5000k 35w Xtec kits one on my M3 and M6 and do not need anything else...You will be surprised by how much more of the road you will see. Pull up to ANY OEM hid kit and you will outshine them, just the cutoff obviously isn't even close to OEM. AND stay with 5000k..the color and output is perfect.
[/b]
How is the install, are the xtec instructions up to par?

2004 Lapis Blue with a few bolt on's. Everytime you make it home to the garage and close that door it's like a fresh start the next day...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-28-2006, 07:49 PM

Send a message via AIM to dabears2k Send a message via MSN to dabears2k
No, but the writeups on here make it VERY easy to install

"We have no words for speaking of wisdom to the stupid. He who understands the wise is wise already."
-G.C. Lichtenberg
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-28-2006, 08:28 PM
Mazda Guru

Send a message via AIM to pololance6i
the 35W kits are PLENTY bright. unless you are blind as a bat or just want that extra pizazz, the 50W isn't necessary.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-29-2006, 09:45 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
thanks guys.. it really helped me
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-29-2006, 11:44 AM

Send a message via AIM to zxc1104 Send a message via MSN to zxc1104 Send a message via Yahoo to zxc1104
i have the XTEC 6000K i think the 35W and they are bright! and the install is definatly easy... it took my at most like 4 hours... just because my buddy and i were working on each others 6s... so yea... def. worth the money!

post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-29-2006, 11:52 AM

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
has anyone expereinced a 50watt because i dont rem. seeing anyone on here with a 50 watt. also how about riding infront while someone drives your car behind you at night...any annoyance...and we have a reflector in the projector...i thought that would serve as a kind of cut off? 5k is a good color though, and the most lumens so your good IMO.

FS:
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 04:03 PM

Send a message via AIM to pete13
the 50 watt is easily the brightest light kit on the streets i think... when i'm driving behind my friends, they complain about the brightness of them! they arent perfectly alligned as of yet though...

(2005) -Steel Metallic Grey- [6i sport 5-door]
mods list:
[x] Viper 791xv [x] Xtec 50watt 5000K race HID kit [ ] Injen intake [ ] Magnaflow Exhaust [x] Tien S Tech Springs [x] 35% Tint
[x]Stubby antenna [x] Black Side Markers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page