anti-glare for HID? - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-18-2006, 11:31 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to PDX6 Send a message via MSN to PDX6 Send a message via Yahoo to PDX6
hell yeah, sounds like the up-reflector delete is pretty much worthless if you aim 'em right . and I feel that the full-retro is a little overboard IMO.
Thanks guys It doesnt seem that any body has had a bad experence keeping stockers and putting in HID's. GOOD NEWS!

'06 tungsten 6s
Straight Pipes w/magnaflow tips, 35%tint, black out badge, shaved door guard, K&N fliter with gutted airbox, resonator delete and custom open fog besel
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-18-2006, 11:39 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Marko343 Send a message via MSN to Marko343 Send a message via Yahoo to Marko343
I did it, the hardest part was getting it out once I poped it.

I figured if I already have everything apart just go ahead and do it, not a single flasr of anything, but it's noticable that the sign are darker, but my lower fogs take care of that now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~- ^CarDomain Link^ -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-18-2006, 11:42 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to PDX6 Send a message via MSN to PDX6 Send a message via Yahoo to PDX6
Quote:
I did it, the hardest part was getting it out once I poped it.

I figured if I already have everything apart just go ahead and do it, not a single flasr of anything, but it's noticable that the sign are darker, but my lower fogs take care of that now.
[/b]
im just worried that it will hurt re-sale value if I was to remove a part of the original halogen housing say the buyer doesnt want the HID anymore due to legality and stuff.

'06 tungsten 6s
Straight Pipes w/magnaflow tips, 35%tint, black out badge, shaved door guard, K&N fliter with gutted airbox, resonator delete and custom open fog besel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-20-2006, 10:07 AM

Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via AIM to MZBuckeye
Quote:
According to a SEMA article someone posted a while back . Aftermarket HID's kits and convertion kits are no longer illegal as long as they are properly installed.
But I have mine removed. I when a while without it removed though (before I baked my lights to put the DDE's and tint them). I had to lower my headlight a bit since EVERYONE flashed me at night.

I then got a new set of headlights and when I lowered my car I raised them a little higher then what they was before. Still not a single flash from another driver thinking I had brights on.
[/b]

I think that article said that HID components are no longer illegal if they utilize parts from OEM setups, IIRC, including the projectors/reflectors. What I got from it was that retros are legal, but putting a kit in a halogen projector or reflector is still illegal.

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-20-2006, 11:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I think that article said that HID components are no longer illegal if they utilize parts from OEM setups, IIRC, including the projectors/reflectors. What I got from it was that retros are legal, but putting a kit in a halogen projector or reflector is still illegal.
[/b]
I read it as federally it is legal to use HID bulbs in a hallogen projector as long as the bulbs are photo-geometricly (sp) alligned to spec with a halogen. but that its the state laws that will make em illegal. i dunno...

'06 tungsten 6s
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-27-2006, 03:49 PM

Send a message via AIM to zxc1104 Send a message via MSN to zxc1104 Send a message via Yahoo to zxc1104
i haven't removed the lil' "plate" in the headlight casing... and i'm happy with mine

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page