Anyone ever lost their instrument panel... - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-30-2006, 11:07 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Can you still drive the car normally? I was screwing around with fuses the other day in my atx, and when I pulled the instrument panel fuse, the car goes into 4th or 5th gear, and won't shift.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-30-2006, 11:12 AM
Learners License

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sorry dude, I'm a bit confused. Your title mentions an MTX, but you're asking about an ATX?

Can you elaborate on what you did / were trying to do?
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-30-2006, 12:42 PM

i'm assuming this is for a MTX....um... i sorta had the same problem..but thats because my shift linkage had broke...and i was stuck in 4th gear..and had to drive an hour away to get back home...

mazda "fixed" it and it was m add loose the shifter was like shit..so i thought whatver once you get something fixed/repaired its never like new again...went about 5 or 10 minutes and only had 3rd 4th and 5th gear...took it back to them and they fixed it...said that it was caused because the tech forgot to tighten one of the washers on the shifter or something....

used roadside tow it in and have the dealer take a look at it...t

thats my .02 if its an MTX...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FS:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-31-2006, 08:04 AM

Send a message via AIM to itbeanew1 Send a message via MSN to itbeanew1 Send a message via Yahoo to itbeanew1
if the question is about ATX, it MIGHT be because the vehicles speed sensor current goes through the Instrument panel before it reaches the ATX. With the instrument panel removed, the ATX isnt getting a signal.

Just an idea. this could be WAYYY off.

Blazing Copper 04 6s MTX Sedan
Custom interior ambiant lighting, Airbox Mod (sometimes), Mazdaspeed6 tails, custom installed lower fogs (burnt out. need to get the kit)

RIP
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-31-2006, 10:57 AM Thread Starter

I'v enever seen such a group of people with foggy brains. I'm asking about a manual transmission because I already know what happens with an automatic. I'd like to know if anyone with a manual transmission has blown the instrument panel fuse, or pulled it deliberately to see what happens? Obviously with a manual the computer can't lock you into a gear because you have a shifter that does it.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-31-2006, 12:06 PM

Send a message via AIM to itbeanew1 Send a message via MSN to itbeanew1 Send a message via Yahoo to itbeanew1
Well it sounds like you answered your very own question there didnt you. Maybe our "fog" is in your way. what do you think it would do? Most likely a MTX car would behave exactly as yours did minus the shifting issues. Seems like a no-brainer answer to me. maybe thats why we are so foggy. Why would anyone be curious to see if a car can drive with fuses missing?

Ive said it once and ill say it again. It is NOT wise to INSULT those who are taking time out of there day to attempt to help.

Custom interior ambiant lighting, Airbox Mod (sometimes), Mazdaspeed6 tails, custom installed lower fogs (burnt out. need to get the kit)

RIP
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-31-2006, 12:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Well it sounds like you answered your very own question there didnt you. Maybe our "fog" is in your way. what do you think it would do? Most likely a MTX car would behave exactly as yours did minus the shifting issues. Seems like a no-brainer answer to me. maybe thats why we are so foggy. Why would anyone be curious to see if a car can drive with fuses missing?

Ive said it once and ill say it again. It is NOT wise to INSULT those who are taking time out of there day to attempt to help.
[/b]
You're still just making an educated guess. So you took time out of your day to avoid answering my question.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-31-2006, 12:36 PM

Wrong. I was attempting to help. To post nothing at all would have been avoiding answering your question which is what I will do from this point on when I see your screen name in front of the question.

RIP
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 09:44 PM

Send a message via AIM to HellFire138
Quote:
Can you still drive the car normally? I was screwing around with fuses the other day in my atx, and when I pulled the instrument panel fuse, the car goes into 4th or 5th gear, and won't shift.
[/b]
You did explain about a problem you're having in your car with a "atx". Aside from that anything in a MTX would be a mechanical problem not electrical.

The older I get, the faster I used to be!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-03-2006, 01:27 AM
RoX

Groans: 1
Send a message via MSN to RoX
Quote:
I'v enever seen such a group of people with foggy brains.
[/b]

Granted you cant "see" any of use, please take some time and write a full question rather then half in the title and half in the post that makes little sence. The word "lost" is used when you misplace or can not locate something. Use words correctly and we'll give you answers you can comprehend. Otherwise, restate the question instead of insulting the ones answering.

04' Mazda6 V6 MTX: | CP-E Intake and Maf Customizer | Clear side markers | Sports Grille | Polyurethane Eyelids | Mazdaspeed Short throw shifter | Mazdaspeed Springs | Tinted (22% all around) | Debadged | BR lip | Wheels(enkei evo6)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page