Lighting Questions... All-in-one - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-27-2006, 11:15 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
BIG FIRST QUESTION!!!!!!

Are the headlights for the 2 standard 6 models... and the speed6 the same? Same bulbs... same housing.. same parts? Are the Mazda 3's housing and bulbs the same?

From what I can tell (don't have my car here with me now... and i keep forgetting to go look at night)... but the Speed6 (and all mazdas now)... come with the following:

1) Bright standard bulb parking lights... Gives a "halo" effect sorta as the bult is off centered and reflects around the inside

2) HID Low Beam... Just about as good as you could buy or want on a car I thik...

3) Standard Halogen high beam... Same light you get from any vehicle these days....

4) Breaklights are all standard bults you see anywhere... And corner lights as well...

My Questions are.... (Numbered to go with above statements)

1) Has anyone replaced this tiny "pretend halo" bulb with a different bright white / blue bulb... and noticed an improvement in looks?

Has anyone installed the Halo kit for the 6... And if so, how did the install go? How bright are they? Do they burn out? If so can they be fixed/replaced w/o melting entire headlight into parts again?

2) I'm pretty sure there are no mods.. or changes to this HID setup... that would provide any improvement.. but if so.. please post about them...

3) Standard Halogen high beam... Are there HID upgrades / replacements for this? Are they actually bright? Or same as the low beams? Whats the price tag on these kits if they exist... I know HID kits for hondas and such.. the TRUE HID kits.. are SUPER spendy...

4) As the bulbs are reflected through plastic.. no matter what you use... it won't have much of an effect on the looks... but if anyone has seen lighting mods inside the tail light housings... please post about them...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 03:23 AM

Location: Waterloo (near T.O.), ON, Canada (Indonesian-Chinese)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to t_mo_t
1) i dont know if the US's MS6/06 mazda6 has DRL(Daytime Running Lights), but here in Canada, they've switched their DRL to highbeam instead of lowbeam... so that's not really HALO or bright parking light... but if u want to install a DDE, get this
http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=49868

2) the brightness of OEM HID(Xenon) depends on the car itself... how the headlight is designed and everything, the OEM Bosch E46/Audi TT Projector are very reliable in term of size and output... for better output, there are many other projectors, but retrofitting other projectors would waste lots of time and not worth it if u have the OEM HID.... but if u like different route, check this..
http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=43308

3) It&#39;s useless to change ur high beam to HID... first of all, since u r going to flash ur highbeam, it&#39;s bad for the ballast !! rule of thumb, never flash ur HID or never turn on/off ur ballast 3times/hour... secondly, if u have the 06/MS6 HID option, it&#39;s bad for the HID kit to turn on with the DRL(less wattage to the ballast/bulb) <- not too sure about how the HID option works on the 06/MS6

4) http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=45486

Tanabe GF210 Springs, AutoExe CF grill, Retrofit (Bosch E46/Audi TT DOT projector) + Philips D2S 5000K (85122+) bulbs, Lower fog, 2 x 10" Sony Xplod, MTX MXA6001 Class D amp, 12" Varad White LED bar + 4 x Varad single LEDs, Airbox Mod, Sidemarkers Mod, Taillight Mod, Foglight Mod, Clear sidemarkers, 4 x white 6-WLEDs, 4 x white 5-LEDs, 2 x orange 5-LEDs, 2 x Polarg Hybrid XenonWhite 194 bulbs, 2 x blue 921 LEDs, 2 x OEM muffler tips,Redline MTX fluid, Ichiban Shift Knob, Ractive Shift Boot, TWM short shifter, Focal PolyGlass 130v1 components, Infinity 6802cf, Duplicolor Red caliper paint, Royal Purple 5W20 Synthetic Oil, Hawks brake pads
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page