Pics of my new mods and a few other misc pics. Please excuse my dirty car. - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 10:51 AM

Location: Waterloo (near T.O.), ON, Canada (Indonesian-Chinese)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to t_mo_t
Quote:
Thanks guys I'm said to say that the yellow HIDs are going to be going away my 4300K D2S bulbs came in. Before I pull them I will try to get some pics of the light on the road.
Plans within the next 2 weeks, just have to find a good 2 days to take the headlights apart again:
Head lights 4300K D2S
Integrated fogs "Driving Lights" 4300K D2S
Halogen High Beams....Cool little JDM touch, will post pics once completed
Oh yeah and finally finish that LED front turn signal that I have been sitting on.
p.s. the lower fogs really have HORRIBLE light output, currently looking to find another fog light to replace the ones it came with, the only thing they are there for now is simple the look of lower fogs. Trust me!
[/b]
eh? u got integrated fogs using D2S? u sure? did u use washers? what did u use to mount the bulbs in the bosch mini h3?

oh and, u were just going to change the bulbs right? u dont need to back the headlight again...

Quote:
how do the directionals work now with the brakes and all plugged in together

also how do the directionals work with the brakes on

is there any change in the system
[/b]

Tanabe GF210 Springs, AutoExe CF grill, Retrofit (Bosch E46/Audi TT DOT projector) + Philips D2S 5000K (85122+) bulbs, Lower fog, 2 x 10" Sony Xplod, MTX MXA6001 Class D amp, 12" Varad White LED bar + 4 x Varad single LEDs, Airbox Mod, Sidemarkers Mod, Taillight Mod, Foglight Mod, Clear sidemarkers, 4 x white 6-WLEDs, 4 x white 5-LEDs, 2 x orange 5-LEDs, 2 x Polarg Hybrid XenonWhite 194 bulbs, 2 x blue 921 LEDs, 2 x OEM muffler tips,Redline MTX fluid, Ichiban Shift Knob, Ractive Shift Boot, TWM short shifter, Focal PolyGlass 130v1 components, Infinity 6802cf, Duplicolor Red caliper paint, Royal Purple 5W20 Synthetic Oil, Hawks brake pads
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 10:59 AM
Mazda Guru

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to pololance6i
why are you sad to get rid of the 3000K? i just want to know what the light output is like with the yellow HID bulbs. what are the lumens on those things?

damn, you have a ton of HID in the headlights. where do you mount all of your ballasts?

Quote:

[/b]
are you talking about the turn signals after the brake light mod?

it sounds like that's what you are talking about, and if it is they aren't any part of the brake light or the brake light mod.
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 01:54 AM

wow you're a light fanatic too, you should do the turn signal mod where you have em on all the time, then you'll be the brightest car around at night or day.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 02:00 AM

get some chrome/amber signals for the back and maybe for the front too... then you'll be set!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 07:26 AM

ANOTHER VICTIM OF HKPLUS!!!

//
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 08:22 AM Thread Starter
Mazda Guru

Send a message via AIM to Justins6s
Quote:
ANOTHER VICTIM OF HKPLUS!!!
[/b]
Yup! From a distance not bad but up close....wish I had kicked out the money.

Quote:

[/b]
No change, I followed the how to on this forum and it worked GREAT.

Quote:
eh? u got integrated fogs using D2S? u sure? did u use washers? what did u use to mount the bulbs in the bosch mini h3?

oh and, u were just going to change the bulbs right? u dont need to back the headlight again...

[/b]
Currently I have the factory mini h3 projectors but with the how to on the hidplanet.com forum I plan on modding these to D2S. If it is not a easy as the guy on the other forum showed I will make a way. t_mo_t I will be sure to do a detailed how to for everyone this time, promise! Yes, I will have to bake the headlights again for a couple reasons. 1) I am going to do the LED mod (front turn signals) that I had talked about doing before 2) need to get the fog lights out to work on fitting the D2S in and 3) I still want to work with the bi-xenon some more.

I do not have another set of headlights nor another vehicle so when I finally get time off from work and home to do something like this I try to get it all done at once. Like I said the next 2 weekends I have to work but maybe my buddy will let me borrow his SRT-4 to go to work Saturday ... Then I can start working on it Friday night/afternoon (weather permitting)
post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 08:37 AM Thread Starter
Mazda Guru

Quote:
why are you sad to get rid of the 3000K? i just want to know what the light output is like with the yellow HID bulbs. what are the lumens on those things?

damn, you have a ton of HID in the headlights. where do you mount all of your ballasts?
are you talking about the turn signals after the brake light mod?

it sounds like that's what you are talking about, and if it is they aren't any part of the brake light or the brake light mod.
[/b]
Why said with the 3000K's. Well I love the yellow look but the lumens are actually less than that of a 4300K bulb. Last I remember the lumens are some where around 100-200 less than 4300K (not sure exactly).

Yeah, I current have 3 sets of ballast, 2 sets of brand new Osram 4300K D2S bulbs, 1 set of Philips 3000K D2R bulbs and the regretful set of 8000K D2S bulbs. Ballast are mounted differently on each side (due to space limitations) but mostly under the headlight in/on the engine bay walls.

Turn signal mod: http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.ph...opic=45075&hl=
I will be modding the front turn signals to LED boards. Unfortunately with all of the other lights I have added to my car I think that I will be making these turn signals only. Even though the POLL showed I should convert them to running lights and turn signals, just to many forward facing lights.
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 08:39 AM
Mazda Guru

i would like to see those D2Ss with the Bosch projectos. what degree are you going for with those?
post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
Mazda Guru

Quote:
i would like to see those D2Ss with the Bosch projectos. what degree are you going for with those?
[/b]
What degree? What do you mean?
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 06:41 PM
Mazda Guru

with a D2S bulb they are HID, right? what Kelvin rating are they, that's what i meant, not degree. sorry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page