post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-04-2006, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Whats up fellas...
I am sure this has been asked before, but i have not been able to find an answer. I have posted with my Fellow Noobs, but have not recieved a response, so i figured I would try here. I have read about the head light housings with the low and high beam projectors, and i would like to know where to get them, or how to fabricate them. On my '06i, I have a low beam projector, a driving light, which also doubles as a high beam when on, a turn signal and a mirrored cap that looks like a projector. I have read about retrofitting light's from earlier models, but not sure if those are the lights i am thinking about. Any info on this subject would help me out, cause i am a little stumped. It's probably something i should be able to figure out on my own, but i can't seem to do so ....Thanx......Shaun
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-04-2006, 04:07 PM

Send a message via AIM to dabears2k Send a message via MSN to dabears2k
Are you trying to put HID projectors in? Not entirely understanding your question

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"We have no words for speaking of wisdom to the stupid. He who understands the wise is wise already."
-G.C. Lichtenberg
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-04-2006, 04:22 PM

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
you can get the H1 lowbeam projectors from hid planet, just simply use the Bosh E46/Audi TT ones...they fit almost the same, and are a bit clearer...

or are you asking about the bulbs that go into the stock projectors?

FS:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-04-2006, 07:49 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

I think my Question may have been partially answered in the Noob forum. My lights go like this from outward in. Low beam (projector), turn signal, Mirrored cap, high beam/driving light. I have seen housings with projectors on either side of the Turn signal. Now is the other projector (not the low beam) a fog light that i can intall, or is that a high beam projector or something along those lines...I know i Probably sound like a babbling Idiot, but i like the look of the lights with 2 projectors, and i am trying to figure out if it is something i can fabricate, or something i would have to buy.......I hope that helps a little.....
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-06-2006, 06:33 PM

Send a message via AIM to PDX6 Send a message via MSN to PDX6 Send a message via Yahoo to PDX6
Quote:
I think my Question may have been partially answered in the Noob forum. My lights go like this from outward in. Low beam (projector), turn signal, Mirrored cap, high beam/driving light. I have seen housings with projectors on either side of the Turn signal. Now is the other projector (not the low beam) a fog light that i can intall, or is that a high beam projector or something along those lines...I know i Probably sound like a babbling Idiot, but i like the look of the lights with 2 projectors, and i am trying to figure out if it is something i can fabricate, or something i would have to buy.......I hope that helps a little.....
[/b]
The light you are looking for is the 03-05 sport version head light that has a fog light built into the housing where you (and I) now have the non-functional chrome cap. If I understand correctly you CAN buy these in housing fog projectors from a dealership uninstalled for around $230 US per side. or you can find a housing on e-bay that has them in it/ and swap them into yours. from what I have seen used headights usually go for around 200 shipped per side on ebay. hope it helps.

'06 tungsten 6s
Straight Pipes w/magnaflow tips, 35%tint, black out badge, shaved door guard, K&N fliter with gutted airbox, resonator delete and custom open fog besel
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-06-2006, 06:47 PM
Mazda Guru

Send a message via AIM to pololance6i
or you can just go here and get the projectors made by Bosch that fit perfectly with the fog light pod. this is what they look like:

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-07-2006, 04:50 PM

Send a message via AIM to PDX6 Send a message via MSN to PDX6 Send a message via Yahoo to PDX6
those will fit!? and for only $45.00!? has any body done this? how is the wireing done to turn them on? I am VERY interested in this!

'06 tungsten 6s
Straight Pipes w/magnaflow tips, 35%tint, black out badge, shaved door guard, K&N fliter with gutted airbox, resonator delete and custom open fog besel
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-07-2006, 04:56 PM
Mazda Guru

i'm not sure how the wiring is for an 06, but i have done it and it looks sweet. if you have ever hooked up fog lights before, hooking these up are the same way. not a problem. the only thing that you will have to fanagle is a way to connect the projectors to the brace. i just used some epoxy resin.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-07-2006, 05:39 PM

are you able to adjust the aim?

'06 tungsten 6s
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-07-2006, 05:57 PM
Mazda Guru

to some extent. there's not a level adjusting tool or anything. you can kind of fanagle the brace around a little so it points where you want, but there's not much play. and again, you have an 06, so i'm not sure if it is the same as mine. more than likely it is...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page