post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 04:32 AM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi

Sorry for the outburst but I bought a Mazda 6 with Xenon lights and I have had nothing but trouble.
The car is bought in Denmark so perhaps they have sold some krabby models her. I haven't seen
other writing about defect Xenon lamps so maybe it's only mine.
The car is from may 2005 and 3 Xenon lights changed.. SHIT....... sorry.....
Is there any one who know if there is a bad Xenon drive module or ??
I have 3 years garanti but I would like to keep the car some years more.

Christian..

PS: The Xenon they put in is Philips.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 05:54 PM

Location: Waterloo (near T.O.), ON, Canada (Indonesian-Chinese)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to t_mo_t
Which part are you talking about? Did they change just the bulbs or the whole headlight assembly..... next time if it's broken again, have them change the whole headlight assembly.... and how is it broken? describe in detail what happened.... mostly probably because of the bad ballast..... or the stupid mechanic installed your bulbs not according to the procedure that everyone knows of....

Tanabe GF210 Springs, AutoExe CF grill, Retrofit (Bosch E46/Audi TT DOT projector) + Philips D2S 5000K (85122+) bulbs, Lower fog, 2 x 10" Sony Xplod, MTX MXA6001 Class D amp, 12" Varad White LED bar + 4 x Varad single LEDs, Airbox Mod, Sidemarkers Mod, Taillight Mod, Foglight Mod, Clear sidemarkers, 4 x white 6-WLEDs, 4 x white 5-LEDs, 2 x orange 5-LEDs, 2 x Polarg Hybrid XenonWhite 194 bulbs, 2 x blue 921 LEDs, 2 x OEM muffler tips,Redline MTX fluid, Ichiban Shift Knob, Ractive Shift Boot, TWM short shifter, Focal PolyGlass 130v1 components, Infinity 6802cf, Duplicolor Red caliper paint, Royal Purple 5W20 Synthetic Oil, Hawks brake pads
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 08:54 PM

wow i heard phillips was the best brand in hid lighting...changes my perspecitve pi radians around...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-01-2006, 01:26 AM

haha... i m not saying that the bulbs is the cause for this problem... we dont know what his dealer assumed what's broken and changed it for him.... oh and btw, there are fake philips around as well, just watch out for those ebayers.... i think they even can produce the serial number and the code for some reason..... i've seen a set of original 85122 with metal base for the return wire... and i've also seen a set of 85122+ from ebay that uses only some plastic or silicone at the base of the return wire..... and thus, lifespan is very short.... first hand experience actually..... which is why i m back to 85122 again now....

Tanabe GF210 Springs, AutoExe CF grill, Retrofit (Bosch E46/Audi TT DOT projector) + Philips D2S 5000K (85122+) bulbs, Lower fog, 2 x 10" Sony Xplod, MTX MXA6001 Class D amp, 12" Varad White LED bar + 4 x Varad single LEDs, Airbox Mod, Sidemarkers Mod, Taillight Mod, Foglight Mod, Clear sidemarkers, 4 x white 6-WLEDs, 4 x white 5-LEDs, 2 x orange 5-LEDs, 2 x Polarg Hybrid XenonWhite 194 bulbs, 2 x blue 921 LEDs, 2 x OEM muffler tips,Redline MTX fluid, Ichiban Shift Knob, Ractive Shift Boot, TWM short shifter, Focal PolyGlass 130v1 components, Infinity 6802cf, Duplicolor Red caliper paint, Royal Purple 5W20 Synthetic Oil, Hawks brake pads
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-01-2006, 02:56 AM

shits happen, just take it to the dealer.

i had my h1 halogen bulbs burned after 6 months. they were philips... but it doesnt mean all philips bulbs are crap... just something shits happen...

Mazda 6 S 2004
Current Mods: AEM CAI, Silver Painted Calipers, 35% Windows Tint, Rotora Front & Rear Brake Pad, Starter, Low beam Meccatune 8300K, Fog Meccatune 6500K, Tanabe Strut Tower Bar, Grounded Chassis, HC3 Hurricane Voltage Stabilizer, Slotted F&R EBC Rotors, Chrome Clear Tailight, Side Skirt, Custom leather seat, Angel Eyes, Retrofit Bosch Projector, B-Quiet, Luminated Door sills, 18" Motegi DP12 hyperblack

Future (spring 07): Front Sport bumper, Mazdaspeed Springs (not installed), Koni Yellow shocks, engine mount.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-01-2006, 09:33 PM

Quote:
shits happen, just take it to the dealer.

i had my h1 halogen bulbs burned after 6 months. they were philips... but it doesnt mean all philips bulbs are crap... just something shits happen...
[/b]
halogen and hid are different..... and the guy was talking about xenon a.k.a hid

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 07:23 AM Thread Starter
Learners License

Hi Folks

It starts with the Xenon begins to fligger for some time "2 weeks or so" and then it ends with fligger and dies completely after a few minutes drive. I have only got the Xenon bulbs changed but 3 times 1 left and 2 right.
My guess is that the drive module is giving the Xenon bulbs to high voltage but I don't know.
Audi and BMW don't have this problem so it must be somthing Mazda is doing wrong.
The dealer told me that they get a lot of defect Xenons her so perhaps the problem only appears in EU I don't know. I have 2 years full garanti left but I would like to have the problem solved before.

Christian..
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-03-2006, 02:24 AM

must be a bad ballast....... ask your dealer to change the ballast for you...

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-03-2006, 07:23 AM Thread Starter
Learners License

Quote:
must be a bad ballast....... ask your dealer to change the ballast for you...
[/b]

Sorry for asking but what is a bad ballast ?
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-03-2006, 02:35 PM

this is your ballast...

ask your dealer to check that part underneath your headlight..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page