X TEC KIT WIRING PROBLEMS! - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 09:07 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to pete13
Thumbs down

gah, so i take everything apart to put in my HID's from RPM right, and i get in there and i'm lookin at the walkthrough type deals and i seem to be maybe missing a wire? or am i just totally not doing this right?

i'm pretty new to do it yourself and the wiring diagram provided is crap to me, as are just about all of the pics in most of the how to's damnit! i want to get these in by the weekend! can anyone provide either: a clear, newbee friendly wiring diagram; or pics of the wiring setup that arent blurry and distorted and hard to make out!?

i have the H1 5000k 50watt x tec race HID kit with the "standard plug and play harness"

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!! thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(2005) -Steel Metallic Grey- [6i sport 5-door]
mods list:
[x] Viper 791xv [x] Xtec 50watt 5000K race HID kit [ ] Injen intake [ ] Magnaflow Exhaust [x] Tien S Tech Springs [x] 35% Tint
[x]Stubby antenna [x] Black Side Markers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 10:59 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I don't know what to tell you. I followed this guide --> http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...0&hl=xtec+6000k and it was a great help to me.

So where exactly are you stuck? Are you planning to run power to the ballast from the battery or from the low beam wiring?

By the way, there's nothing "plug n play" about installing any HIDs on the 6. It's pretty painful compared to other vehicles.

'05 6s hatch 6-speed auto: optimized AEM CAI, Racing Beat exhaust, VVME 4300k 55watt HID, Kosei K1-TS, 215-50-17 Continental DWS, Progress rear sway bar, RB front sway bar, GTSpec ladder brace, Mazdaspeed springs with 3/4" rear lift spring spacer, Bilstein HD shocks

Have "saggy butt" syndrome? Want to even out your drop?
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 11:25 AM
MN6

Use the link flarearrow provided and you can't go wrong. The install may be a bit time consuming, but wiring is a snap. The xtech kit is almost plug and play I didn't have to cut, splice, tap or crimp a single connection. I just opened the gap on one if the connections (I cant remember if it was negative or possitive) and electric taped the connections. The hardest part about the install was sealing up the dust cap or so I thought.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 12:29 PM Thread Starter

ok i think i may have found my problem...

and i was following that how to in the first place...

heres the problem i think... i only have one of these... any idea why? and my kit's wiring looks nothing like this besides the ballast and the bulb and the wire i am missing...

hmmm
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ionlyhaveone.JPG
Views:	111
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	45546   Click image for larger version

Name:	ionlyhaveone2.JPG
Views:	105
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	45547  

mods list:
[x] Viper 791xv [x] Xtec 50watt 5000K race HID kit [ ] Injen intake [ ] Magnaflow Exhaust [x] Tien S Tech Springs [x] 35% Tint
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 02:42 PM

Location: Waterloo (near T.O.), ON, Canada (Indonesian-Chinese)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to t_mo_t
hmmm are there 1-male and 1-female connector coming out from the ballast? those should go to the HID bulbs.... and then connect the piece of wire with the male connector on 1 end.... and then those 2 spade terminals (red positive and black negative) go to the stock connector.... red goes to the originally H1 halogen connector (the only connector that is connected to your H1 halogen bulb) and the black goes to the negative that is connected to the projector.... you might need to use needle nose plier to bend the negative terminal wider to fit the xtec's spade terminal.... hope that help...

Tanabe GF210 Springs, AutoExe CF grill, Retrofit (Bosch E46/Audi TT DOT projector) + Philips D2S 5000K (85122+) bulbs, Lower fog, 2 x 10" Sony Xplod, MTX MXA6001 Class D amp, 12" Varad White LED bar + 4 x Varad single LEDs, Airbox Mod, Sidemarkers Mod, Taillight Mod, Foglight Mod, Clear sidemarkers, 4 x white 6-WLEDs, 4 x white 5-LEDs, 2 x orange 5-LEDs, 2 x Polarg Hybrid XenonWhite 194 bulbs, 2 x blue 921 LEDs, 2 x OEM muffler tips,Redline MTX fluid, Ichiban Shift Knob, Ractive Shift Boot, TWM short shifter, Focal PolyGlass 130v1 components, Infinity 6802cf, Duplicolor Red caliper paint, Royal Purple 5W20 Synthetic Oil, Hawks brake pads
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 03:25 PM Thread Starter

so i need one set of "spade terminal" wires for each headlight? i only have one... hmm...

mods list:
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 03:50 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Groans: 1
We're shipping another one to you right away via Priority Mail. I apologize for the mistake.

Are you one of our valued customers? Join The RPM Crew today and help spread the word! --

Come check out our website! --
-- We have a huge selection of parts for the Mazda 6 and Mazdaspeed 6!

Like us on Facebook for news and discounts! --
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 03:56 PM Thread Starter

yup, its official! RPM kicks ass! haha thanks guys!

mods list:
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 11:20 PM

Location: Waterloo (near T.O.), ON, Canada (Indonesian-Chinese)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to t_mo_t
try this... but if RPM is sending you the correct ones.... let us know...

Tanabe GF210 Springs, AutoExe CF grill, Retrofit (Bosch E46/Audi TT DOT projector) + Philips D2S 5000K (85122+) bulbs, Lower fog, 2 x 10" Sony Xplod, MTX MXA6001 Class D amp, 12" Varad White LED bar + 4 x Varad single LEDs, Airbox Mod, Sidemarkers Mod, Taillight Mod, Foglight Mod, Clear sidemarkers, 4 x white 6-WLEDs, 4 x white 5-LEDs, 2 x orange 5-LEDs, 2 x Polarg Hybrid XenonWhite 194 bulbs, 2 x blue 921 LEDs, 2 x OEM muffler tips,Redline MTX fluid, Ichiban Shift Knob, Ractive Shift Boot, TWM short shifter, Focal PolyGlass 130v1 components, Infinity 6802cf, Duplicolor Red caliper paint, Royal Purple 5W20 Synthetic Oil, Hawks brake pads
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-24-2006, 10:30 PM

wow donny didnt even get contacted and he's fixing the problem?? holy crap this is better service than the hospital's!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page