LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 05:38 AM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
so today i got my Xtec 6000K HID's love em... i even installed them without taking the front bumper off! i have big skinney hands so i was lucky anyway i had finished the first one and i was on to the easier passengers side... and i thought to myself... self.. lets take a picture with the PIAA extreme whites i have in for a comparison... so i did... and here she blows... also threw in the picture with both installed cause duh.. why wouldn't i... anyway... tell me what ya fellow Sixer's think

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 08:19 AM
Mazda Guru

Send a message via AIM to pololance6i
HIDs are looking good.

is that crack between the eyelids and the hood always present, or is that just because you have the hood popped a little?
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 08:25 AM

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
looks good mang....def. can't wait to get my hands on a pair of those....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FS:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 10:09 AM

Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via AIM to MZBuckeye
Pretty sure the hood is popped. Hope those Xtecs don't die on ya, as long as they work, looks great!

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 10:23 AM

Groans: 2
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
so how's the output in comparison? does the light seem to be "thrown" a noticeable bit a distance further?

Now rocking a 91 Miata

|
|
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 06:16 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

that crack with the eyelids isn't always present it is indeed from the hood not being closed all the way... and as for the output... i was on a fairly flat road and there was a car about 1000 feet infront of me and i was lighting up the road signs for him... and then i turned and they all dimmed for the poor guy haha... thier amazing i love them!
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 07:34 PM

how.....how did you do the job w/o taking the bumper off!? you gotta be chuck norris to pull off something that incredible

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 09:25 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

hahaha yeah... If at first you don't succeed, you're obviously not Chuck Norris.... apparently i am... it's easy if you have skinney hands like i said before... the only side that gave me beef was the drivers side which in return called for some brutal swearing, that's why i did that first... but i was drivin around tonight and i had met up with an Infinity G35 with HIDs and mine blew his out of the water ... i was impressed
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 11:03 PM

Nice choice on the 6K XTECs. Regarding the pic with the one side installed, doesn't it make the extreme "whites" seem not so white??!! I'm amazed that you were able to install without removing the bumper. How / where did you mount the ballasts? And did you do the reflector delete mod?
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 11:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
hahaha yeah... If at first you don't succeed, you're obviously not Chuck Norris.... apparently i am... it's easy if you have skinney hands like i said before... the only side that gave me beef was the drivers side which in return called for some brutal swearing, that's why i did that first... but i was drivin around tonight and i had met up with an Infinity G35 with HIDs and mine blew his out of the water ... i was impressed
[/b]
DId you get the 35 or 50watt kit?

I just don't understand some people who are disappointed when doing a HID kit. My 5000K Xtec blows all OEM out of the water in amount of light output....... Granted, I did get the 50watt kit

'05 6s hatch 6-speed auto: optimized AEM CAI, Racing Beat exhaust, VVME 4300k 55watt HID, Kosei K1-TS, 215-50-17 Continental DWS, Progress rear sway bar, RB front sway bar, GTSpec ladder brace, Mazdaspeed springs with 3/4" rear lift spring spacer, Bilstein HD shocks

Have "saggy butt" syndrome? Want to even out your drop?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page