FINALLY done with my retro & w/dust cap compilation too - Page 19 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #181 of 191 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 05:15 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
That is pretty nice. I'm not a fan of the color, but the the beam is gorgous. At least it doesnt look like a kit.

Try without the flash too so the flash doesnt bleed into the HID's light. Take a pic of the light on the road too if you could.

Mazda 6s GT MTX | Steel Grey Metallic
Magnaflow Exhaust | ECE HID Retrofit | Eibach Sportlines | RX8 18's
Pioneer | Focal | Mosconi | Hertz

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 191 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 06:03 PM

Location: Waterloo (near T.O.), ON, Canada (Indonesian-Chinese)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to t_mo_t
Taken from http://faqlight.carpassion.info/car-oem-hid.htm

Manual, flash off, white balance off (or sunny) with a shutter speed of 1/80th, film speed at 160, and F-stop at F2.8.

Head on shot in the dark from 25 ft and 100 ft (7.5m and 30m).
Against the wall shot in the dark at 5, 25 and 50ft (1.5m, 7.5m and 15m) distance.
Down the road shots from the roof on a dark road.
Head on shot at daytime. (Will show cosmetic difference)

nice beam though... but i m guessing you wont be able to notice the flicker since your using 8k bulbs...

Tanabe GF210 Springs, AutoExe CF grill, Retrofit (Bosch E46/Audi TT DOT projector) + Philips D2S 5000K (85122+) bulbs, Lower fog, 2 x 10" Sony Xplod, MTX MXA6001 Class D amp, 12" Varad White LED bar + 4 x Varad single LEDs, Airbox Mod, Sidemarkers Mod, Taillight Mod, Foglight Mod, Clear sidemarkers, 4 x white 6-WLEDs, 4 x white 5-LEDs, 2 x orange 5-LEDs, 2 x Polarg Hybrid XenonWhite 194 bulbs, 2 x blue 921 LEDs, 2 x OEM muffler tips,Redline MTX fluid, Ichiban Shift Knob, Ractive Shift Boot, TWM short shifter, Focal PolyGlass 130v1 components, Infinity 6802cf, Duplicolor Red caliper paint, Royal Purple 5W20 Synthetic Oil, Hawks brake pads
post #183 of 191 (permalink) Old 12-01-2006, 10:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
hey guys believe or not i'm an idiot...i still can't get an idea of how to aim these friggin things...i was driving all nice and fine for the past like 3+ weeks and i'm loving the output of it..than i noticed in an office building as i turned around that my drivers side seems a bit brighter than my passenger side....

i think its because i cheated and pointed the drivers side out to the left a bit more than i should...so this way the the light wouldnt completely shine directly in front of the car and further down the road...but then i figured if i point the passenger side in toward the left also it would even the brightness out...but it seems like in order for that to work the passenger side headlight would be just about overlapping the drivers side, and thats just plain silly....

i guess the "step" part like the diagonal thats going up on the drivers side needs to be hitting like the licence plate/rear bumper right at about the halfway point on the car infront of you like say 20 feet or so away so this way the top of the cut off is toward the right side of the car thus resulting in the driver's side headlight being not as bright? but if i do that wont that affect the amount of light i'm throwing further down the road ??? damn these stupid sheilds and their high step...wish it was lower so i can figure out how to aim these damn things....anyone got any pictures of them aiming the headlights or taping up a wall to show their points/and or measurements?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FS:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #184 of 191 (permalink) Old 12-01-2006, 10:07 PM

Groans: 14
Groaned at 9 Times in 6 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to djquik1

nice beam though... but i m guessing you wont be able to notice the flicker since your using 8k bulbs...
[/quote]

you would be suprised,it has a flicker to a deep purple

2004 Mazda 6S Veilside(TRADED)
2010 F-150
1990 F-150
post #185 of 191 (permalink) Old 12-03-2006, 05:40 AM
Learners License

omg after looking at the pics and all the comments i just have to say that i am convince on buying this for my car, OMG!!!!!!!!! it looks really sick mang. well thanks for all the help and all the pictures. it really helps me a lot. as far as the installation, i think im going to have to get it profesionally done cause i cant do that. im from souther calibtw by san diego and well im going to have to look for a place that can install them. so all i have to do is buy the complete bosch Xenon D2S HID projector package from hidplant.com and the harness from that other place, get it installed and walla, my car will look slick. nice thanks a lot for all of ur help and one more question, the HID bulbs they send me r they the 4300k or should i get different ones???? well thanks a lot again..

uneek
post #186 of 191 (permalink) Old 12-03-2006, 05:57 AM

I bought the apexcone 35w kit from therpmstore.com with D2S bulbs and harness,and then just got the projectors from hidplanet.That way you get a lifetime warranty and oem quality with the retrofit.

2010 F-150
1990 F-150
post #187 of 191 (permalink) Old 12-03-2006, 09:04 AM

Quote:
I bought the apexcone 35w kit from therpmstore.com with D2S bulbs and harness,and then just got the projectors from hidplanet.That way you get a lifetime warranty and oem quality with the retrofit.
[/b]
where'd you mount the ballast?

the bulbs they give you are like 4100k and after a few hundre hours of use they go up to around 4300k or 4500k i can't rememeber...but after time you'll bearly even notice it....

i'd recommend getting a few #8 washers and putting them in the projector itself...the cutoff will look nice and blue, or you can always bend the sheild to get a little more color...but with that i wasn't sure how much to bend one to match up with the other, so the washer mod might be an option...

i probably wouldnt' recommend taking it to a shop, because when you do it yourself you know where you messed up a bit and you know that YOU did it....not just for gratification, but just for knowing that you did it yourself and everything is okay. oh yeah its cheaper to...

FS:
post #188 of 191 (permalink) Old 12-03-2006, 11:14 AM

I mounted the ballast to the bottom of the lamp housing

2010 F-150
1990 F-150
post #189 of 191 (permalink) Old 05-31-2007, 01:35 PM
Learners License

i need someone in the new jersey area that would help me with this mod? any takers?
post #190 of 191 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007, 06:55 PM

Quote:
i need someone in the new jersey area that would help me with this mod? any takers?[/b]

I installed Alfaro's in about 1.5 hours.It's really easy.

2010 F-150
1990 F-150
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page