FINALLY done with my retro & w/dust cap compilation too - Page 16 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #151 of 191 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 01:33 AM

Location: Waterloo (near T.O.), ON, Canada (Indonesian-Chinese)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to t_mo_t
just a question, why do u want to get a 8000K with bosch prj? i thought u wanted retro just for the output???

Tanabe GF210 Springs, AutoExe CF grill, Retrofit (Bosch E46/Audi TT DOT projector) + Philips D2S 5000K (85122+) bulbs, Lower fog, 2 x 10" Sony Xplod, MTX MXA6001 Class D amp, 12" Varad White LED bar + 4 x Varad single LEDs, Airbox Mod, Sidemarkers Mod, Taillight Mod, Foglight Mod, Clear sidemarkers, 4 x white 6-WLEDs, 4 x white 5-LEDs, 2 x orange 5-LEDs, 2 x Polarg Hybrid XenonWhite 194 bulbs, 2 x blue 921 LEDs, 2 x OEM muffler tips,Redline MTX fluid, Ichiban Shift Knob, Ractive Shift Boot, TWM short shifter, Focal PolyGlass 130v1 components, Infinity 6802cf, Duplicolor Red caliper paint, Royal Purple 5W20 Synthetic Oil, Hawks brake pads
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 191 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 09:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
wow 8000k i guess that would look cool...but dont be surprised if you can't see more than 10 feet infront of you, and if you point them up you'll blind the shyt outa everyone else...

i believe someone else here did a xtec kit/bosch ece projectors as well...didnt turn out the way he wanted, hopefully your's will be better...good luck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FS:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #153 of 191 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 11:00 AM

Groans: 14
Groaned at 9 Times in 6 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to djquik1
If you look at a lumen output chart,
H1 silverstars=1650 lumens
factory bulbs=1350 lumens,
Apexcone 8000k 35w kit=3100 lumens
McCulloh 8000k kit=2550 lumens
If i did my research right,using the ECE projectors increases the lumen value over the DOT projectors.I think i should be ok on visibility,if not I can buy the bulbs seperately and get a 4500k or a 5000k,or if the color is right just buy the race ballasts and upgrade.It may cost more,but that is the price i will pay for modding my car.
If i am incorrect on the ECE projectors increasing lumens over the factory ones please let me ASAP,so I can cancel the projectors and get H1 bulbs.Thanks in advance guys
Also, the reason i went with the 8000k is the color.After speaking with Donny at therpmstore.com i decided to go with that combination.

2004 Mazda 6S Veilside(TRADED)
2010 F-150
1990 F-150
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #154 of 191 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 11:11 AM

Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via AIM to MZBuckeye
Hm, I'm skeptical of 3100 lumens on an 8000k kit. That seems awfully high. If you're gonna retro, no worries about glare, might as well go as bright as you can, i.e. 4000~5000k.

post #155 of 191 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 11:46 AM

As i said,i'm going for color as well,if it's not bright enough I'll get the 50w ballasts.they are rated at 3900 lumens.

2010 F-150
1990 F-150
post #156 of 191 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 11:53 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Color temp will not increase output. Your better off going 4100, 4300, or the most 5000k. I dont beieve 50w ballast doesnt effect lumes that much.

Mazda 6s GT MTX | Steel Grey Metallic
Magnaflow Exhaust | ECE HID Retrofit | Eibach Sportlines | RX8 18's
Pioneer | Focal | Mosconi | Hertz

post #157 of 191 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 12:11 PM

bottom line is yes...if you go with the ECE projectors that will increase lumes compared to the DOT projectors which have a some what milky lens. These DOT projectors do however help when driving at night and you need to really read road signs....with my ECE ones it makes reading road signs kind of a pain.

you will be def. better off with the ECE projectors...where did you get them from?

FS:
post #158 of 191 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 12:29 PM

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Please correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the Apexcone a halogen conversion kit? If it is designed to convert halogen to HID by using a rebased bulb, then the bulb will only fit H1 bulb holders (H1 projectors). If this is true, then going to an ECE projector (or any D2S projector) will not fit.

In regards to color output, 8K will not be as bright. In OEM HID's, the color that you see in the distance is not the color of the light output. It is the color from the cutoff, which is created from the projector / shield combination. As you get closer to it, the blue color will turn bright white or even a touch of yellow (i.e. 4100 - 4200K). If you want the best of both worlds, you can use the Bosch ECE projectors with 4100 - 4200K bulbs, and just bend the shield to obtain the colorful cutoff. This way it will be bright and have a colorful cutoff.

If you want more color than that, then go with Valeo or Stanley projectors.

Teamwork is essential. It gives the enemy someone else to shoot at.
post #159 of 191 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 12:35 PM

I understand color will not increase output,you can look at this chart for example,by my color choice i understand i am giving up lumen output,i ordered a apexcone D2S kit from rpm and the projectors from hidplanet

http://www.therpmstore.com/product_info.ph...;products_id=38

most of the 50w kits are illegal for highway use in kansas.
legal limit is 300 candle power or 3771 lumens.
I have done a lot of research on the legal side of this as i have owned cars in the past that were police magnets,i don't want to pay that much for auto insurance again.

2010 F-150
1990 F-150
post #160 of 191 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Please correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the Apexcone a halogen conversion kit? If it is designed to convert halogen to HID by using a rebased bulb, then the bulb will only fit H1 bulb holders (H1 projectors). If this is true, then going to an ECE projector (or any D2S projector) will not fit.

In regards to color output, 8K will not be as bright. In OEM HID's, the color that you see in the distance is not the color of the light output. It is the color from the cutoff, which is created from the projector / shield combination. As you get closer to it, the blue color will turn bright white or even a touch of yellow (i.e. 4100 - 4200K). If you want the best of both worlds, you can use the Bosch ECE projectors with 4100 - 4200K bulbs, and just bend the shield to obtain the colorful cutoff. This way it will be bright and have a colorful cutoff.

If you want more color than that, then go with Valeo or Stanley projectors.
[/b]

I think he is going to get the D2S bulbs/ Apexcone kit from therpmstore.com....with that kit can they fit into the Bosch E46 ECE projectors? good question...Hmmm

will these Valeo, and Stanley projectors fit into our housing the orange bracket? i always thought they were a diffrent size compared to the PNP E46/Audi TT Projectors....

FS:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page