FINALLY done with my retro & w/dust cap compilation too - Page 15 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #141 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 10:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
What's wrong with the driver's side? Is it because it doesn't screw in properly? That's the only thing that makes me concerned about all this.
[/b]
dont worry bro..it sits in there pretty damn tight....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FS:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #142 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 12:14 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
both should be level. as the light focuses into the distance, the two steps will combine into 1 large step.

Shine your lights on a large white wall and than back the car away, it should focus into 1 large step.

the basic principle behind the step is light scatter. Image you on the road. Single lane on your side and single lane on the rght side divided by the center line. The lower side of the step should shine to the left of the center line, and the point where the step gets taller will illuminate from right of center line on up further in the road

Mazda 6s GT MTX | Steel Grey Metallic
Magnaflow Exhaust | ECE HID Retrofit | Eibach Sportlines | RX8 18's
Pioneer | Focal | Mosconi | Hertz

post #143 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 12:28 AM

Location: Waterloo (near T.O.), ON, Canada (Indonesian-Chinese)
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to t_mo_t
Quote:
both should be level. as the light focuses into the distance, the two steps will combine into 1 large step.

Shine your lights on a large white wall and than back the car away, it should focus into 1 large step.

the basic principle behind the step is light scatter. Image you on the road. Single lane on your side and single lane on the rght side divided by the center line. The lower side of the step should shine to the left of the center line, and the point where the step gets taller will illuminate from right of center line on up further in the road
[/b]
yup yup !! it's more like
<TAB>__/``
__/

Tanabe GF210 Springs, AutoExe CF grill, Retrofit (Bosch E46/Audi TT DOT projector) + Philips D2S 5000K (85122+) bulbs, Lower fog, 2 x 10" Sony Xplod, MTX MXA6001 Class D amp, 12" Varad White LED bar + 4 x Varad single LEDs, Airbox Mod, Sidemarkers Mod, Taillight Mod, Foglight Mod, Clear sidemarkers, 4 x white 6-WLEDs, 4 x white 5-LEDs, 2 x orange 5-LEDs, 2 x Polarg Hybrid XenonWhite 194 bulbs, 2 x blue 921 LEDs, 2 x OEM muffler tips,Redline MTX fluid, Ichiban Shift Knob, Ractive Shift Boot, TWM short shifter, Focal PolyGlass 130v1 components, Infinity 6802cf, Duplicolor Red caliper paint, Royal Purple 5W20 Synthetic Oil, Hawks brake pads
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #144 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 12:35 AM

LIKE THIS BITCHES....

more pictures to come...and i should hopefully have this video uploaded within the next few minutes....
its 50 megs, but it&#39;ll give the guys who are thinking about this mod something to ponder...

i dont think my cut off is completely perfect, but its pretty damn good with me!
<as always the light output is not fully duplicated by a digital camera...the only way is to see the diffrence is in person. the light output it anywhere to 2 to 5 times better>

FS:
post #145 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 01:42 AM Thread Starter

Nice job. I think you need a little more adjusting though. Both lights are pointing up too high. I have a feeling you gonna get flashed often. Cant tell too good though, I may be wrong. Take some more pics of u directly behind cars and at different distances.

When I adjusted mine headlights I also used the cars in front of me as a reference point. I wanted them to project as far as possible but not too high to blind oncoming traffic. Best way to determine this is by looking at the cut off on the back of the car in front of you. If it goes above there rear trunk line and illuminates the drivers head and rear view mirror, you blinding oncoming traffic

http://faqlight.carpassion.info/hl-aiming.htm

post #146 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 08:17 AM

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Your right side needs to be lowered a little to match the left side. As Mazda6s was saying, as you get further away from the wall, they will merge into one step.

Teamwork is essential. It gives the enemy someone else to shoot at.
post #147 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 10:00 AM

yeah i kinda figured that i should lower the right side a little bit...nah they&#39;re good its like right at the bottom of the trunk..and like upper part of the bumper on my neighbor&#39;s corolla....so i think thats a prety low car as low as they come stock at least...so this way when i accelerate hard, or hit a bump the cutoff will bearly hit the sideview mirros, giving those people infront of me a little taste of blueish purpleish color....

heres one pointing on other cars i think that you requested...i&#39;ll see if maybe i can take a few more shots of it tonight....

FS:
post #148 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Your right side needs to be lowered a little to match the left side. As Mazda6s was saying, as you get further away from the wall, they will merge into one step.
[/b]

I know and i seem to have corrected it so its 1 big step and not like 2 mini steps seperated...i got a question though..i feel as though on coming traffic is okay, because they&#39;re below the step... but the people that are driving say on the highway...and your in the middle lane...i kinda feel as if anyone that is in the right lane but say about 30 or 40 feet in front of you to the right is getting nailed off their left hand side view mirror...no?

FS:
post #149 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 06:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I know and i seem to have corrected it so its 1 big step and not like 2 mini steps seperated...i got a question though..i feel as though on coming traffic is okay, because they&#39;re below the step... but the people that are driving say on the highway...and your in the middle lane...i kinda feel as if anyone that is in the right lane but say about 30 or 40 feet in front of you to the right is getting nailed off their left hand side view mirror...no?
[/b]

Its their stupidity for passing on the right, or you just need to quit crusing in the middle lane

On a 3 lane highway, far right is the slow lane, middle is fast lane, far left is the fastest lane.

You pass the slower traffic in the left lanes. Far right lane is the cruising lane. Do people ever follow these rules? NO! Americans cant drive worth a shit.

Your headlight arent pointing up ( I hope) so as soon as light travels from the projector is heading downward onto the road. Theres only a minor glare, but no blinding or annoying, when someone passes you on the right. The only cars that really pose the problem your talking about would be SUV&#39;s, cause they sit higher above the road. That will only happen when there really close to you also. If your coming to a stop light and your cut off isnt on the back of drivers head in front of you, your fine.

post #150 of 191 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 12:28 AM

Groans: 14
Groaned at 9 Times in 6 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to djquik1
Since i have been researching all the hid options availible to me I opted for the full retro.I ordered bosch ece e46 projectors and an apexcone 8000k 35w D2S kit today.Has anyone else done an apexcone kit with the ece projectors????

2004 Mazda 6S Veilside(TRADED)
2010 F-150
1990 F-150
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page