FINALLY done with my retro & w/dust cap compilation too - Page 14 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #131 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 11:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Dammit I gotta do this....
[/b]
HA HA HA yeah man stop being lazy...you'll love it i promise...its not that complicated just take your time, and rem...DONT CROSS THE WIRES!!! you will blow a fuse and not even realize it...

plus get that damn secure bit, and you should have it done in 2 days MAX....come on man you were planning on doing this from way back when....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FS:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #132 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 11:29 AM

Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via AIM to MZBuckeye
I know, shit keeps coming up. This month it's brakes. Where'd you get the projectors from, and are they ECE lenses or DOT?

post #133 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 11:50 AM

Quote:
I know, shit keeps coming up. This month it's brakes. Where'd you get the projectors from, and are they ECE lenses or DOT?
[/b]
ECE mannnn come on...this guy was actually getting out of the retrofitting business @ hidplanet.com, and he had two pairs new the Bosch package..so i picked it up for 370, and then with that nissan sealant, and wireharness came to 450 for everything and the stupid bit i had to buy...ugh..but i'm returning all the stuff so it should be a little cheaper in the end.

its amazing, just keep setting aside a few bux every week man...get it done quick as its gona get cold outsdie soon, and thats a pain to work on the car even though most of the stuff is done indoors.

FS:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #134 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 11:53 AM

Did you get L/R projectors or did you just make the two same ones work like the original thread starter?

post #135 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 12:03 PM

Listen this orginal thread starter is the reason why i wanted to do this retro...you rem. that picture from inside the car..its even better in person..NO LIEEEEE

and yes they are two right side projectors..but those screwes that you need to the secure torx bit to screw them in the bracket...its HELLA tight...i really think 1 screw would be enough...seriously..2 is perfect 3 is just like okay..why not but not realy needed..its like super tight...

FS:
post #136 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 12:13 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Now all we need are pics!

You know what you need to do now to really appreciate it. Get a freind to drive your car and have him follow you in another car. Cruise with some distance and watch the pretty light show, it's gorgeous. Then have a friend drive your car going in the opposite direction and you can see how the color shifts just like what oncoming traffic sees.

Mazda 6s GT MTX | Steel Grey Metallic
Magnaflow Exhaust | ECE HID Retrofit | Eibach Sportlines | RX8 18's
Pioneer | Focal | Mosconi | Hertz

post #137 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 12:19 PM

i'll try to see if i can adjust them, and take a few videos with my sister's SD400 camera...hopefully it'll be good enough to see the flicker...

imma start an offical RETRO pics thread lol

FS:
post #138 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 10:04 PM

That's it. This has GOT to be my next mod. I gotta get my brakes straightened out first though.

post #139 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 10:06 PM

my driver side projector is a lil messed up...but i finally got done aligning the cutoffs as to get the maximum output, and not blinding on coming traffic...i think its at the right level....heading out the door to take some pics...be back in about 30 minutes with some good quality pictures....

is the passenger side suppose to be up a tad bit than the driver side also? i forgot....

EDIT: my passenger side...the part where it goes up like the "step" isnt that sharp at that point..i think i didnt put the clear plastic case on fully when putting the headlight back together...and so light output might be affected because the projector sits a little further back..you'lll be surprised at how raising and lowerin the projector's angles make such a diffrence....be back in a few.

FS:
post #140 of 191 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 10:08 PM

What's wrong with the driver's side? Is it because it doesn't screw in properly? That's the only thing that makes me concerned about all this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page