FINALLY done with my retro & w/dust cap compilation too - Page 12 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #111 of 191 (permalink) Old 03-29-2006, 12:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
okay cool maybe i'll try this one out i'll see how much it is and i'm sure i can just get some of the vinyl loom somewhere and wrap it around...so who knows i still got a few weeks before i make this whole HID purchase....i'll let you know what the deal is though...but since it says halogen wire harness hopefully it will work with the ballasts....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FS:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 191 (permalink) Old 03-29-2006, 05:18 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
okay cool maybe i'll try this one out i'll see how much it is and i'm sure i can just get some of the vinyl loom somewhere and wrap it around...so who knows i still got a few weeks before i make this whole HID purchase....i'll let you know what the deal is though...but since it says halogen wire harness hopefully it will work with the ballasts....
[/b]
all you really need is a 9006 type connector intact to plug it into the ballast. I beleive it is a 9006 type connector.

When wiring, the input side of the relay of the harness gets connected to the OEM halgen connector half (the harness coming from the car). The this will complete the relays circuit when the headlight switch is turned on , closing the connection in the relay and draws power straight from the battery (rather than the OEM wiring). The output side (the part that gets connected to the bulb) will need to have the 9006 male end (i believe its the 9006 harness) and gets pluggd into the ballast.

Mazda 6s GT MTX | Steel Grey Metallic
Magnaflow Exhaust | ECE HID Retrofit | Eibach Sportlines | RX8 18's
Pioneer | Focal | Mosconi | Hertz

post #113 of 191 (permalink) Old 03-29-2006, 05:33 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
As far as my HID harness wiring, here are some pics of my engine bay:

Mazda 6s GT MTX | Steel Grey Metallic
Magnaflow Exhaust | ECE HID Retrofit | Eibach Sportlines | RX8 18's
Pioneer | Focal | Mosconi | Hertz

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #114 of 191 (permalink) Old 04-01-2006, 08:40 PM

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
i used xenondepot for my cbr929rr. I have no complaints with that company what so ever. the shipping was quick and it was a simple install-- granted cars are a lil different, but the plugs are practically plug and play just x2

07 CX-7 GT (no mods)--Wifes
06 MazdaSpeed6 GT (airbox mod, hardwired Valentine 1 radar detector)--Mine
01 Black/Yellow Honda CBR929RR (Port and Polished engine, stainless steel brake lines, full Hindel exhaust, HID headlight conversion kit, LED tail light w/ turnsignal integrator, power commander)--turbo in the works--Mine
post #115 of 191 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 06:32 AM

niceeeee i've been waiting to see pictures like that for a while...the whole engine compartment looks nice and neat...awesome

FS:
post #116 of 191 (permalink) Old 04-20-2006, 09:13 AM
Mazda Guru

Send a message via AIM to pololance6i
is there anyway to tell just by looking at the projectors if they are ECE or DOT?
post #117 of 191 (permalink) Old 04-20-2006, 11:51 AM

Location: Waterloo (near T.O.), ON, Canada (Indonesian-Chinese)
Send a message via MSN to t_mo_t
Quote:
is there anyway to tell just by looking at the projectors if they are ECE or DOT?
[/b]
yes, bosch ECE has clearer lens... and i think there's a circle on the lens itself... and that circle looks like magnifying glass or something... dont know how to describe it...

DOT lens is milky...

Tanabe GF210 Springs, AutoExe CF grill, Retrofit (Bosch E46/Audi TT DOT projector) + Philips D2S 5000K (85122+) bulbs, Lower fog, 2 x 10" Sony Xplod, MTX MXA6001 Class D amp, 12" Varad White LED bar + 4 x Varad single LEDs, Airbox Mod, Sidemarkers Mod, Taillight Mod, Foglight Mod, Clear sidemarkers, 4 x white 6-WLEDs, 4 x white 5-LEDs, 2 x orange 5-LEDs, 2 x Polarg Hybrid XenonWhite 194 bulbs, 2 x blue 921 LEDs, 2 x OEM muffler tips,Redline MTX fluid, Ichiban Shift Knob, Ractive Shift Boot, TWM short shifter, Focal PolyGlass 130v1 components, Infinity 6802cf, Duplicolor Red caliper paint, Royal Purple 5W20 Synthetic Oil, Hawks brake pads
post #118 of 191 (permalink) Old 04-20-2006, 01:12 PM
Mazda Guru

with you explaining it like that, my guess is that this picture is of the ECE projectors, cuase i see the circle.

post #119 of 191 (permalink) Old 04-20-2006, 03:06 PM

Location: Waterloo (near T.O.), ON, Canada (Indonesian-Chinese)
Send a message via MSN to t_mo_t
Quote:
with you explaining it like that, my guess is that this picture is of the ECE projectors, cuase i see the circle.
[/b]
ehmm yeah i think so.... that's a bosch single xenon right? if it is, then it's ECE... but ECE not only because of the lens, the shield is different as well.... but compare it with my DOT in the how-to if u want, then you can see how milky DOT compared to ECE

Tanabe GF210 Springs, AutoExe CF grill, Retrofit (Bosch E46/Audi TT DOT projector) + Philips D2S 5000K (85122+) bulbs, Lower fog, 2 x 10" Sony Xplod, MTX MXA6001 Class D amp, 12" Varad White LED bar + 4 x Varad single LEDs, Airbox Mod, Sidemarkers Mod, Taillight Mod, Foglight Mod, Clear sidemarkers, 4 x white 6-WLEDs, 4 x white 5-LEDs, 2 x orange 5-LEDs, 2 x Polarg Hybrid XenonWhite 194 bulbs, 2 x blue 921 LEDs, 2 x OEM muffler tips,Redline MTX fluid, Ichiban Shift Knob, Ractive Shift Boot, TWM short shifter, Focal PolyGlass 130v1 components, Infinity 6802cf, Duplicolor Red caliper paint, Royal Purple 5W20 Synthetic Oil, Hawks brake pads
post #120 of 191 (permalink) Old 04-20-2006, 03:08 PM
Mazda Guru

yes, bosch single xenon. i'll check out the pics of the DOT in your how-to.

just curious, how much is everyone bending back the shield? i'm installing today when i get off of work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page