FINALLY done with my retro & w/dust cap compilation too - Page 11 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #101 of 191 (permalink) Old 03-01-2006, 05:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
would it be possible to take a picture from inside the car on a regular road...like some around town or something .....i'm so considering these ECE's now...my god...looks amazing [email protected][email protected][email protected]#@#

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FS:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 191 (permalink) Old 03-01-2006, 07:35 PM

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yes, I only got the projectors (and the Philips bulbs) from HIDPlanet. I got the Bosch / AL Gen 2 ballasts separately. I didn't go with the whole set because HIDPlanet only sells Hella Gen 3 ballasts, which is ideal for vehicles that are not designed for HID (due to their compact size). But since our cars have the brackets for the Bosch / AL ballasts, it is only logical to get the ballasts that are made to fit.

Sexy6s, I do have a picture from the drivers point of view, but it doesn't do it justice because it is much brighter in person than what the picture shows. There are no objects in the picture to reflect the light back (such as cars, signs, etc.). The picture below is with the fog lights turned off. The fog lights really do help light the road directly in front of the car when turned on.

Look at the end of the 1st page of this post and you will see a more representative shot with objects in front.

Teamwork is essential. It gives the enemy someone else to shoot at.
post #103 of 191 (permalink) Old 03-21-2006, 12:20 AM

Location: Waterloo (near T.O.), ON, Canada (Indonesian-Chinese)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to t_mo_t
ehmmm mazda6s, just refreshed the pics with u... is that really what u get from ur projectors? i mean the glare even from way above the cutoff line or was that ur camera? cz i m not sure why it looks like it's glaring oncoming traffic.... did u paint ur bezel?

Tanabe GF210 Springs, AutoExe CF grill, Retrofit (Bosch E46/Audi TT DOT projector) + Philips D2S 5000K (85122+) bulbs, Lower fog, 2 x 10" Sony Xplod, MTX MXA6001 Class D amp, 12" Varad White LED bar + 4 x Varad single LEDs, Airbox Mod, Sidemarkers Mod, Taillight Mod, Foglight Mod, Clear sidemarkers, 4 x white 6-WLEDs, 4 x white 5-LEDs, 2 x orange 5-LEDs, 2 x Polarg Hybrid XenonWhite 194 bulbs, 2 x blue 921 LEDs, 2 x OEM muffler tips,Redline MTX fluid, Ichiban Shift Knob, Ractive Shift Boot, TWM short shifter, Focal PolyGlass 130v1 components, Infinity 6802cf, Duplicolor Red caliper paint, Royal Purple 5W20 Synthetic Oil, Hawks brake pads
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #104 of 191 (permalink) Old 03-21-2006, 12:59 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
ehmmm mazda6s, just refreshed the pics with u... is that really what u get from ur projectors? i mean the glare even from way above the cutoff line or was that ur camera? cz i m not sure why it looks like it's glaring oncoming traffic.... did u paint ur bezel?
[/b]

Are you talking about my car? If so which pic?

Mazda 6s GT MTX | Steel Grey Metallic
Magnaflow Exhaust | ECE HID Retrofit | Eibach Sportlines | RX8 18's
Pioneer | Focal | Mosconi | Hertz

post #105 of 191 (permalink) Old 03-21-2006, 12:44 PM

Location: Waterloo (near T.O.), ON, Canada (Indonesian-Chinese)
Send a message via MSN to t_mo_t
the pics where u were standing in front of ur car... and was trying to take pics of the flicker...

Tanabe GF210 Springs, AutoExe CF grill, Retrofit (Bosch E46/Audi TT DOT projector) + Philips D2S 5000K (85122+) bulbs, Lower fog, 2 x 10" Sony Xplod, MTX MXA6001 Class D amp, 12" Varad White LED bar + 4 x Varad single LEDs, Airbox Mod, Sidemarkers Mod, Taillight Mod, Foglight Mod, Clear sidemarkers, 4 x white 6-WLEDs, 4 x white 5-LEDs, 2 x orange 5-LEDs, 2 x Polarg Hybrid XenonWhite 194 bulbs, 2 x blue 921 LEDs, 2 x OEM muffler tips,Redline MTX fluid, Ichiban Shift Knob, Ractive Shift Boot, TWM short shifter, Focal PolyGlass 130v1 components, Infinity 6802cf, Duplicolor Red caliper paint, Royal Purple 5W20 Synthetic Oil, Hawks brake pads
post #106 of 191 (permalink) Old 03-21-2006, 06:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
the pics where u were standing in front of ur car... and was trying to take pics of the flicker...
[/b]

the glare was from the camera but the color shift is the same but more intense

post #107 of 191 (permalink) Old 03-27-2006, 11:03 PM

http://xenondepot.com/product.php?product_id=50

watcha think about this harnes....or should i just be a man and get the one from xenondepot....

any pictures of under the hood...was wondering if you got alot of excess wire everywhere....

thanx

FS:
post #108 of 191 (permalink) Old 03-27-2006, 11:28 PM Thread Starter

that harness you linked is the xenondepot harness. And theres no excess wire, I ran it where it looks good and almost OEM like.

post #109 of 191 (permalink) Old 03-27-2006, 11:47 PM

shit Mazda6s....i'm an idiot...lol but yeah could you hook a brother up with some pictures...i came across a bunch of information last night read about HID stuff for like 3 hours...and i saw this harnes...

http://www.painlessperformance.com/webcata...dlightrelay.htm

#30817 - For 9005 and 9006 halogen bulbs
its about half way down on the left...it says halogen headlight harness..

i promise thats the one...i'll call my local place and ask em how much it is...or do you personally perfer the harness from xenondepot better?

^^^^^^
picture for the lazy people...

FS:
post #110 of 191 (permalink) Old 03-28-2006, 11:55 PM Thread Starter

Thats probably a better harness hence the heavier gauge wire. The wire is slightly larger than xenon so that can give you a better peace of mind. But being HID's, they dont draw enough current for even the xenondepot harness to casue any potetial problems. But the xenondepot harness does look a little more visualy pleasing by using vinyl loom rather than corrugated wire loom.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page