CPE Wiring Harness Bypass (FOR SALE THROUGH RPM) - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 145 (permalink) Old 01-21-2006, 01:31 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to dabears2k Send a message via MSN to dabears2k
I am guaging interest in having a group buy on CPE wiring harness bypasses. These are complete plug in units that have the same connector as the black box of the CPE system. This allows for the CPE box to be taken out when the car needs to go in for service without the entire wiring harness removed.

This is a very finished piece, using the correct female connector to the CPE harness's male connector. If there is enough interest, I will become a sponsor to be able to sell these in a group buy on here. They should be about $20 each.

Here are some pictures of the test piece. They will look identical. [attachmentid=9910][attachmentid=9911]

UPDATE: now accepting payment. The first batch of twenty is almost half sold. Paypal address is [email protected]. $24 including shipping.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG0857__Medium_.JPG
Views:	375
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	44951   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG0858__Medium_.JPG
Views:	331
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	44952  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"We have no words for speaking of wisdom to the stupid. He who understands the wise is wise already."
-G.C. Lichtenberg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 145 (permalink) Old 01-21-2006, 02:29 AM

Send a message via AIM to ilal2ielli
You can count me as interested.
post #3 of 145 (permalink) Old 01-21-2006, 02:30 AM

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to blackmagik_13 Send a message via MSN to blackmagik_13 Send a message via Yahoo to blackmagik_13
Quote:
I am guaging interest in having a group buy on CPE wiring harness bypasses. These are complete plug in units that have the same connector as the black box of the CPE system. This allows for the CPE box to be taken out when the car needs to go in for service without the entire wiring harness removed.
[/b]
This description is kind of vague in my opinion.

If you're able to just 'disconnect' the MAFci (black box as you say), then it has no source to go through for the MAF wire. How do you work your way around that? I'm not saying it's not possible, I'm just curious.

Previous times of uninstalling the MAFci, you have to put a jumper wire, so to say, or relink the MAF wire back together so the signal is uninterrupted. Some people have come up with creative ways of doing this (male / female ends.)

Also, are you just making the wiring harness longer?

Could you provide more insight into what we'd be investing to and how exactly, this is different?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 145 (permalink) Old 01-21-2006, 02:32 AM Thread Starter

This is, in essence, a jumper for the MAF wire to make it whole again. It is simply a very clean way of doing it, and is designed to fit right into the CPE wiring harness. Some people that soldiered their CPE harness in do not have the scotch lock connectors to easily use a male-female jumper. Even those that have used Scotch Locks will find this is a very professional way to bypass the MAF wire being cut

"We have no words for speaking of wisdom to the stupid. He who understands the wise is wise already."
-G.C. Lichtenberg
post #5 of 145 (permalink) Old 01-21-2006, 03:15 AM

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to blackmagik_13 Send a message via MSN to blackmagik_13 Send a message via Yahoo to blackmagik_13
So... I'm still lost I guess.

How is it a 'jumper' for the MAF wire?

Basically, we're going to have the CP-E wiring harness, and then this harness plugs into THAT harness?

Could you explain the wiring and how you accomplish this?

post #6 of 145 (permalink) Old 01-21-2006, 03:33 AM

if this makes it easy to install and uninstallt he maf customizer count me in...i'll take one ASAP

when should they be ready?

has it been tested and made sure there are no problems?

2005 Mazda 6s
Hatch Back - 5 Door - Lapis Blue - 6-Speed Sport A/T
Leather - Bose Audio Package - Auto Dimming Mirror w/ Homelink
Factory Remote Starter - Shock Sensor Upgrade - LED Parking and Side Lights
Clear Side Markers - PIAA Xtreme White Lows, Highs and Fogs - Chrome Fuel Door

post #7 of 145 (permalink) Old 01-21-2006, 05:57 AM Thread Starter

Magik, yes, this plugs into the CPE harness. It has the same connector as the black box does, and plugs into the CPE harness. The way it jumpers the MAF wire is that it reconnects the MAF wire by having a loop back with the proper pins.

Gater, yes, this allows for VERY easy uninstall and re-install of the MAF customizer. Simply unscrew the black box from the connector and plug this in. After doing so, you are essentially back to stock with just a CAI. And yes, it has been tested on my car and verified to work perfectly.

AZMZ6 has the other prototype, so you can talk to him too.

1. AcTs
2. ilal2ielli
3. gater

-G.C. Lichtenberg
post #8 of 145 (permalink) Old 01-21-2006, 06:05 AM

Send a message via AIM to ilal2ielli
So to get this right for everyone... the bypass acts as the Customizer box. Since the only wire cut and needing a signal to get to the ECU is the MAF wire, the bypass has the pins corresponding to the MAF wire active and setup so that it will pass the signal through to the ECU in the same way the Customizer box does.

The way the signal would flow:
MAF wire engine side --> Scotchlock to CP-E harness --> Bypass Plug --> CP-E Harness to scotchlock --> MAF wire ECU side

I believe that's what dabears2k is trying to say. Hopefully I understood it properly and am not completely off.
post #9 of 145 (permalink) Old 01-21-2006, 06:08 AM Thread Starter

That is exactly it. Thanks for the clearer explanation. This provides the ability to remove the black box and the computer in the car to think that it is completely stock.

This would be used when taking the car in for a CEL that is being caused by something other than the CPE or if your car needs to go in for a PCM update.

-G.C. Lichtenberg
post #10 of 145 (permalink) Old 01-21-2006, 10:16 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to AzMz6 Send a message via MSN to AzMz6
for say you have your cp-e harness soldered in, like myself and dabears does, and you have to go in for warranty work, and you dealer is not to accepting to after market intakes, this allows you to simply unplug the black box, and plug this into the harness, and it jumpers the maf wire that you cut when you put in the cp-e mafci. i love the idea, instead of some hokie wire, this plugs right in, and allows you to put you stock intake back on, and its like you never had an aftermarket intake. and we have tested it, it does work.

a 2003 SVT Mustang Cobra also is sitting in my garage....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page