Mazda 6 Forums banner

I NEED HELP BADLY

780 views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  Hockyguy171 
#1 ·
Ok I bought some fog lights off ebay a while back, I now am trying to install them. So far I have put them on the bumper connected them put the bumper back on and hopefully connected it to the battery right and now I try to turn them on and I have no power at all. I have 2 wires that are not connected to anything and I dont know what to connect them too, and also please let me know if I connected it right to the battery. PLEASE refer to the pictures here --> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2172968/6 and give me any help you can. Thanks

-James-

#2 ·
Anybody?

#3 ·
Suggestions:

Check your ground wire. Make sure that it is connected to bare metal (nothing corroded or painted).

If there is a fuse in the line make sure it hasn't been damaged or blown.

It's been forever since I have wired fog lights, plus I'm exhausted, but your wiring should look something like this (this is only a simple wiring diagram with no relays or fuses):

[attachmentid=9868]

Please, Please Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, where are the 2 wires going to nothing coming from?

Attachments

#4 ·
I just posted in the other thread about the fog lights that you were looking at aswell. I have the same exzact kit as the person does on the third page. From there you can see where the 2 wires are coming from. Shouldnt there be some sort of a spark when I hook the fogs up to the battery. Absolutely nothing is happening its getting very frustrating I cant believe those 2 wires could stop the fog lights from lighting as from what I can see. Please let me know what to do I am at a total loss and cant figure it out

#5 ·
I just posted in the other thread about the fog lights that you were looking at aswell. I have the same exzact kit as the person does on the third page. From there you can see where the 2 wires are coming from. Shouldnt there be some sort of a spark when I hook the fogs up to the battery. Absolutely nothing is happening its getting very frustrating I cant believe those 2 wires could stop the fog lights from lighting as from what I can see. Please let me know what to do I am at a total loss and cant figure it out
[/b]
You will usually get a small spark if you have a solid ground connection. I'll take a look and see if I can think of any other suggestions for ya.

#6 ·
They are brand new so I have no idea why they wont light. As far as I can tell everything is in place for them to light.

#7 ·
It really could be a number of things and its very hard to diagnose without being there to check different things. It could be anything from bad bulbs to a bad switch to a bad relay. Do you have a volt meter or anything? You best bet may be to talk to a local shop or a electrically inclined friend. If you still have no help by tomorrow I will look into it a little deeper for you. As I said before, I am completely exhausted right now and can't think very straight... Sorry!

#8 ·
I cant really think straight right now either im pretty angry they wont light so im gunna go to bed but please make any suggestions as to what I should do. Thanks

-James-

#9 ·
O ya for communication purposes for a much easier way if you have AIM my sn is Hockyguy171 so just im me, it will be much easier to communicate through that instead of this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.