where to buy DLR (daytime running light) module - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-16-2006, 10:13 PM
pet987

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
I'm searching the web high and low for the module to convert the US specification car to Canadian standards.

any help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-16-2006, 11:55 PM
RoX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to RoX
DRLs. And not sure, but ive seen a few though im not a big fan. You could always get regular fogs and hook them up through a switch directly from the car battery so you can have them on whenever you want. i would despise lights i couldnt turn off.

04' Mazda6 V6 MTX: | CP-E Intake and Maf Customizer | Clear side markers | Sports Grille | Polyurethane Eyelids | Mazdaspeed Short throw shifter | Mazdaspeed Springs | Tinted (22% all around) | Debadged | BR lip | Wheels(enkei evo6)
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 12:01 AM
Mazda Guru

Groans: 0
Send a message via AIM to pololance6i
did you run a ?

i remember seeing this a while back, but don't remember the outcome.

good luck with your searc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 12:54 AM

hey did that DRL law ever get passed? at least for california? cuz i havent been pulled over for not having my low beams on. ever.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 12:56 AM

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Groans: 2
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
I'm searching the web high and low for the module to convert the US specification car to Canadian standards.

any help?
[/b]
I am interested in the same thing. It seems like only select cars in the US get DRLs, which I don't understand.

Tom

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 04:38 PM

LOL.. I have DRL and thought it was a major PITA to disable them for my HID install... I wish mine came from the factory without that blasted DRL module heh. IMO, dont worry about looking for a DRL module.. just turn on your lights if you need to, and be glad that you can turn them off when you want to
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-18-2006, 12:55 AM

Quote:
LOL.. I have DRL and thought it was a major PITA to disable them for my HID install... I wish mine came from the factory without that blasted DRL module heh. IMO, dont worry about looking for a DRL module.. just turn on your lights if you need to, and be glad that you can turn them off when you want to
[/b]
So, Are you saying DRL burns the low beams? I thought it usually burns the high beams at a lower voltage.

Tom

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-18-2006, 11:25 AM

No, I wouldnt say it burns the low beams.. it just turns them on-off quickly to keep them dim, apparently the low beams can handle it. I just dont like DRLs, but some ppl do. Unfortunately - in answer to the original poster's question - I dont know where one could get the module, other than perhaps a Canadian junk yard.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-18-2006, 12:51 PM

Quote:
No, I wouldnt say it burns the low beams.. it just turns them on-off quickly to keep them dim, apparently the low beams can handle it. I just dont like DRLs, but some ppl do. Unfortunately - in answer to the original poster's question - I dont know where one could get the module, other than perhaps a Canadian junk yard.
[/b]
Burns was the wrong word. I know many of the cars I see in the US that have DRLs run the High Beam lights at a lower voltage(or flicker them like you say)

Tom

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-18-2006, 02:29 PM
pet987

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Burns was the wrong word. I know many of the cars I see in the US that have DRLs run the High Beam lights at a lower voltage(or flicker them like you say)
[/b]
I wish it would be that easy to ignore that, but my US car is not licensed in canada yet. personally I dont care for having DLR but the regulations state that I need them to safety the car.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page