User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-11-2006, 11:32 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not sure if this is the right section, but here goes....

Not sure but I remember the gas light to be off (circled in pic) so I took it to the dealer for them to take a look at. They said they need to order a part to fix .... so I had to come back later. When I left there's a rattle in my door. That's odd because I only got that looked at and an oil change, but they fixed it... came back... oh they need another part so I have to come back again... kinda annoyyed now because I have better things to do. Now the 3rd time in there.. they "fixed" it. But that light is still there!!!! I don't know what they did. And also my tank was half full.. now it's a quarter.. wtf. They said they can't do it when the tank if full because it will overflow, but I figure a 1/2 tank is ok.

do you guys have that gas light on all the time?

Also ever since I had my windows tinted my intermittent rear wipers are kinda off. Like when I click it to the first one the wiper wipes.. then i turn it off... wait one sec or two, turn it on again but it doesn't wipe. I know before it would go on right away. I told this to the service guy and he said oh that's normal because the timer hasn't reset. I tested it on the loaner car and I didn't have to wait for no timer to reset and told him, he said he'll tell the technician. But they said it was fine, which it is not.

should I go to another dealer?

anyways hopefully I didn't ramble on too much.. just annoyed
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	iv.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	142.3 KB
ID:	44789   Click image for larger version

Name:	od.jpg
Views:	498
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	44790  

2005 Mazda6 GT-I4</span> <span style="color:#FF9966">
Black Racing Lip, Eyelids, 35% Tint, Shark-Fin Antenna, Atenza Badge, Custom Shift Boot, SilverStar Signals, 194 White LED&#39;s, Tail light Mod, Clear Sidemarkers w/ Mod, Racing Beat Exhausts, Tokico Shocks, MS Hatch Springs, 18" ALT Rival, Kumho Ecsta AST, CPE Mafci, Optimized Headers, Pulstar Spark Plugs, MS Short Shifter, 6000k HID&#39;s w/ TSX Retro, DDE Halo&#39;s, Lower Fog Lights, LED Tail Lights w/ Mod.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-11-2006, 11:57 PM
RoX

Groans: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to RoX
Lol, well your engine must be overheating cuz then that light is on too. Look left to your temp gauge That light that you have circled just tells you that YES that in fact IS the fuel level gauge... The low fuel light is round and glows yellow like your traction control light when its on and its very anoying... trust me you&#39;ll know when its there. Mine comes on about half way between empty and the last bar...

I dont know what you had them replace and what they replaced, but it was probably running fine before so now they may have altered it to say quarter tank when its at full tank level... So NOW its off.

04' Mazda6 V6 MTX: | CP-E Intake and Maf Customizer | Clear side markers | Sports Grille | Polyurethane Eyelids | Mazdaspeed Short throw shifter | Mazdaspeed Springs | Tinted (22% all around) | Debadged | BR lip | Wheels(enkei evo6)
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 01:27 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
I dont know what you had them replace and what they replaced, but it was probably running fine before so now they may have altered it to say quarter tank when its at full tank level... So NOW its off.
[/b]

hmmm I will call them tomorrow and ask if fuel spilt out. Thanks for the tip

2005 Mazda6 GT-I4</span> <span style="color:#FF9966">
Black Racing Lip, Eyelids, 35% Tint, Shark-Fin Antenna, Atenza Badge, Custom Shift Boot, SilverStar Signals, 194 White LED&#39;s, Tail light Mod, Clear Sidemarkers w/ Mod, Racing Beat Exhausts, Tokico Shocks, MS Hatch Springs, 18" ALT Rival, Kumho Ecsta AST, CPE Mafci, Optimized Headers, Pulstar Spark Plugs, MS Short Shifter, 6000k HID&#39;s w/ TSX Retro, DDE Halo&#39;s, Lower Fog Lights, LED Tail Lights w/ Mod.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 01:47 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Umm... I can&#39;t see anything wrong.

Funny, I never noticed the litltle gas gauge and temp icons before until now

But, I think what you have is completely normal and I&#39;m not sure what they are going to fix

Here&#39;s what mine looks like, same as yours with the gas icon and temp icon on:

[attachmentid=9696]

I think they misinterpreted your concern. I think they assumed you meant that you have a full tank of gas but the guage needle is wrong, so they adjusted it. But what you really meant, was the gas icon is on. It was probably ok to begin with.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rpm.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	44791  

Racing Beat Muffler :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 01:53 AM
Mazda Guru

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Mazda Gremlyn Send a message via MSN to Mazda Gremlyn
The rear wiper thing isn&#39;t something that just started, thats how it operates, if you keep flipping the switch the timing gets off somehow and it won&#39;t wipe when you flip the switch. Just leave it for a sec and it&#39;ll go.

2004 Mazda6s MTX: Gone...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Replaced with a 2011 WRX Hatch!

1988 323 GTX: Need to finish re-rebuilding the engine...
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 02:40 AM
RoX

Send a message via MSN to RoX
My front wipers have issues. When i spray the winshield sometimes they will spray and then wipe, othertimes they will just spray and the next time i push it then they spray an wipe. It goes on and off. Not a big deal unless something worse happens i guess. All in all its very random as far as what theyll do.

04' Mazda6 V6 MTX: | CP-E Intake and Maf Customizer | Clear side markers | Sports Grille | Polyurethane Eyelids | Mazdaspeed Short throw shifter | Mazdaspeed Springs | Tinted (22% all around) | Debadged | BR lip | Wheels(enkei evo6)
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 07:46 AM
Mazda Guru

Mentioned: 253 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 840 Post(s)
Thanked 1,168 Times in 855 Posts
Groaned at 6 Times in 3 Posts
Garage
Quote:
do you guys have that gas light on all the time?
[/b]
That gas light is indeed the gas icon, which is supposed to be lit. The low-fuel light is a small yellow light that&#39;s located next to the E. The light will go on when the gauge hits the E (at least on my car), and there&#39;s about 2-3 gallons left in the tank when it kicks on.
Quote:
Also ever since I had my windows tinted my intermittent rear wipers are kinda off. Like when I click it to the first one the wiper wipes.. then i turn it off... wait one sec or two, turn it on again but it doesn&#39;t wipe. I know before it would go on right away. I told this to the service guy and he said oh that&#39;s normal because the timer hasn&#39;t reset. I tested it on the loaner car and I didn&#39;t have to wait for no timer to reset and told him, he said he&#39;ll tell the technician. But they said it was fine, which it is not.
[/b]
The tech is right. If you turn it off then on quickly, the timer doesn&#39;t have a chance to reset, and the delay continues where it left off. This happens to my wipers when I do the same thing, all perfectly normal.

2018 MAZDA 6 GRAND TOURING RESERVE - Deep Crystal Blue
"The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 09:04 AM

Not sure about your rear wipers, but the fuel pump light, with the arrow, is to let the driver know that the gas door is on the drivers side. That way you don&#39;t have to look out the window, or open the door, or do anything else that makes you look stupid at the gas pump.
If you take a look, most cars have a little fuel pump icon, and depending on where it is located, you know which side the fuel door is on. Just a little tidbit of info I have picked up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page