LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to HedsIc
I was just thinking.....I just got my DDE's installed. pretty much it's safe to say they are a perm. instalation. Meaning I can't just replace the bulb like i could if I burned out a turn signal bulb or something. SO does anyone know how long these last? I used mine to replace my parking light. and if it burns out. that means I have to rebake the lights. go in pry them off the housing since they are stuck on with silicone. and respend another $170 for new ones..That would suck..

So I am hoping they last a long time..Anyone else have a rough idea of how long these last or had any burn out on them with frequent use?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 11:05 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 8 Times in 1 Post
i am not sure as to how long they last since i have yet to install mine unfortunately, but if you got them from falcon over at RPM i believe there is a lifetime warranty on them....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-16-2006, 01:40 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to PhatalOne
If I remember correctly the lifetime of those DDE florescent bulbs is something like 5000 hours. They'll last a long time... using them only an hour or two a day you'd probably never have one fail while you owned the car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-16-2006, 02:21 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Marko343 Send a message via MSN to Marko343 Send a message via Yahoo to Marko343
I think they send u you 6 in the pack, Gonna be ordering my soon to, never really though about how long they last, didn't think that far ahead haha

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~- ^CarDomain Link^ -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-16-2006, 04:09 PM

Send a message via MSN to Shadow 6 Send a message via Yahoo to Shadow 6
I have a buddy that uses his as parking lights and normaly has his lights on any time the car is on, they have held up for hte last 7mo, couple trips to ky from tx, lots to austin, one or two to uta, and one to GA. The only one to go out was the one that got hit and flacon replaced it.

- Cp-e CAI - Magnaflow Catback - Cp-e Motor Mount - Halo x2 - HIDs HB LB Fog - Trubo2 Dash Kit - Chrome Trunk Handle - Clear Side Markers - Deleted Side Moldings - Lower Billet Grills - Enkei GF1 Rims - Blue Lighted Door Sills - 25% Tint - Chrome Door Handles - Chrome Door Bowls - Chrome LED Mirror Covers - Sport/Mesh/Open/Sport badgeless Grills -
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 10:10 AM

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to PhatalOne
I've had DDE's as my parking lights since their introduction and never had a problem.. other than the time one of the connectors mysteriously started arcing... fixed that small glitch and they work fine.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 10:58 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to HedsIc
Quote:
I've had DDE's as my parking lights since their introduction and never had a problem.. other than the time one of the connectors mysteriously started arcing... fixed that small glitch and they work fine.
[/b]
Well mine lasted about a week. 3 of them are already burnt out and I followed the wiring directions on here perfectly. Even had a friend look them over. I ordered them from xenonexpert.com after about a week he finally got back to me. Said that it was impossible that 3 no longer work (they worked for a week and not now). He said I could either A ship my light housing to him and they'll reinstall new ones themselves. or B, he can send me out new ones. I can't have my lights off for god knows how long to mail them out. and I don't feel like re baking the things.
Granted they are lightbulbs essentially. So they are fragile and it would be easy, even in shipping, to have them shaken and get something loose that would cause them to mess up or not last very long. But He pretty much told me I was a liar about it.

I offered to take video this weekend to show 3 of them no longer work No word yet from him. first it took them over a month to ship the stupid things to me at xenonexpert.com and now it's taken them forever to even respond back to me to get this mess cleared up. i would say NEVER EVER EVER EVER order from xenonexpert.com. Piss poor customer service.

Also the ballasts are made from plastic ( a 2 piece housing) and they didn't even glue the bottom that has all the connectors to the second half box part of the ballast so I had to do that myself with silicone that way they wouldn't pop off and be exposed to moisture. the ballasts where VERY cheaply made. Makes me wonder why they costed me $169

I know I will re do them someday. I thought they looked awesome as hell. But something tells me I won't ever hear back from Olivier or whatever his name is from xenonexpert to hav enew ones shipped. So i will be stuck forking over another $169 for a new set through someone else. Which sucks because i'm far from made of money.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 06:32 PM

Send a message via MSN to madlandrover
You might want to try contacting Donny from RPM (falcontx on here) to see if he can get you replacement parts for a good bit less than $169 - he's been pretty decent recently sorting out some XTec stuff for me. Good luck!

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 07:16 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Groans: 1
CCFL bulbs have a life expectancy of 20,000 hours. That means if you plugged them in and let them run constantly, they wouldn't burn out for over 2 years. Given the generous usage of say, 4 hours per day, 6 days per week, you're looking at a lifetime of 16 years. So essentially, they should outlast your car.

It is indeed very unusual to have 3 of them stop working immediately. Being that they are fluorescent bulbs, they have no filament, so no amount of shaking or rattling will cause them to stop working. Sometimes, though, if too much pressure is exerted during installation, they can get tiny hairline fractures that will cause them to stop working pretty quickly. Of course, breaking them in two will also do that.

Not to make things worse, but we've been selling these to 6club members for $129.95 for months now (see group buy thread). And of course, if all you need is the bulbs, replacements are not that expensive. We certainly wouldn't make you purchase an entirely new kit. Either way, I'd be sure to test the working bulbs on BOTH inverters to make sure that both of your inverters are working properly. If one of them has failed, we can arrange for a replacement of that as well.

Let me know if I can be of assitance.

Donny
RPM

Are you one of our valued customers? Join The RPM Crew today and help spread the word! --

Come check out our website! --
-- We have a huge selection of parts for the Mazda 6 and Mazdaspeed 6!

Like us on Facebook for news and discounts! --
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page