Sports Foglights Electrical Installs?? - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-28-2005, 03:00 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
So I got a set of Foglights for the sports bumper from Heronew's group buy and I hardwired them to my parking light relay. This was my first electrical install on this car and the first thing i noticed was the lack of space in my fuse box. I like to keep my installs as stock looking as possible..... I just hate seeing wires all over the place so I try to keep it clean. On my old installs, I had plenty of room in my fusebox to store extra relays.

For those who have done installs and have tried to keep it clean, where did you put your relays? Do you just mount them anywhere? Does anyone have any pictures of their installs? I have the power and ground wire hidden pretty good and I was actually thinking about cutting a slot in the back of the fuse box lid to hide my relay inside the fuse box....... before I cut anything I was looking for other ideas of where other people have mounted them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-29-2005, 02:52 PM

Quote:
So I got a set of Foglights for the sports bumper from Heronew's group buy and I hardwired them to my parking light relay. This was my first electrical install on this car and the first thing i noticed was the lack of space in my fuse box. I like to keep my installs as stock looking as possible..... I just hate seeing wires all over the place so I try to keep it clean. On my old installs, I had plenty of room in my fusebox to store extra relays.

For those who have done installs and have tried to keep it clean, where did you put your relays? Do you just mount them anywhere? Does anyone have any pictures of their installs? I have the power and ground wire hidden pretty good and I was actually thinking about cutting a slot in the back of the fuse box lid to hide my relay inside the fuse box....... before I cut anything I was looking for other ideas of where other people have mounted them.
[/b]

If you are looking to turn your fogs on with your parking lights, then I would suggest just tapping into the power from the sidemarkers since they are the closest. I don't see the fusebox being necessary but there are different ways of doing this. I haven't installed any fogs since i am hesitant about the quality and fitment of heronews fog kits. I have also thought about being able to turn the fogs on independently with a switch located next to the TCS to the left of our steering column I found a switch and harness from either showcase or rosenthal that is for installation of fog kits. Let me know how the fogs fit, i believe there are stickies on how to install these fogs.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-30-2005, 11:48 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
If you are looking to turn your fogs on with your parking lights, then I would suggest just tapping into the power from the sidemarkers since they are the closest. I don't see the fusebox being necessary but there are different ways of doing this. I haven't installed any fogs since i am hesitant about the quality and fitment of heronews fog kits. I have also thought about being able to turn the fogs on independently with a switch located next to the TCS to the left of our steering column I found a switch and harness from either showcase or rosenthal that is for installation of fog kits. Let me know how the fogs fit, i believe there are stickies on how to install these fogs.
[/b]
The fitament on my left one was absolutely perfect. I got fogs from the 3rd batch so I think all the kinks were worked out. The aiming of the left one was absolutely perfect also.

I couldnt get one of the clips on the right one to clip in. 3 out of 4 clips went in perfect but the last one wouldnt snap down..... I ended up putting a small clamp on it. The aiming of the light is slightly off center.

The quality of these are pretty good. I saw pictures of the first batch and they werent that great. I think by the 3rd batch they improved on any flaws.

I thought about just not using the harness and tapping right into the sidemarkers....... I just didnt know if the wires going to the sidemarkers would be able to handle the extra power for the fogs. It was really no big deal at all to run the power wires for the fogs so I just went to the fusebox instead.

And just for the record, I installed these foglights without putting my car on a jack or taking off the bumper. All you need to do it take out the 4 screws on the black plastic flap on the bottom of your car and you can access the opening. I took off the 2 black "dummy" grills and my front sports grill and I was able to do the entire install in a half hour. I ran the fuse box wires 4 times until I found a route that hid them the best.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-30-2005, 12:04 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to TapDatMac
I just hid the relay on the side of the frame where the resonator used to be. I had to drill out the relay ring a little but then I used a nut from the resonator mount to fasten it down. I have already installed the factory switch for the fogs as well but it was tricky. the fog kit comes with a 3 wire switch and the factory switch is a 2 wire. the relay has to be re-wired to work correctly. Not to mention that the switch lights green instead of red. I'll fix that soon enough. maybe ill take some pics soon. and even write up a diagram of how to wire everything.

RalcoRZ Short Shift, Atenza Strut Bar, Injen Cold Air, Vision 539 18x8 Rims, BFG G-force KDWS, Eibach Pro-Kit, Red Calipers, Tint, BR Lip, Sport Lower Fog-Lights w/Apexcone 55w 8k HID, Defi Linkmeter BF Gauges, 8k 55w Hid low beams, Vis Invader Hood, R1 Rotors, EBC Redstuff, Racing Beat, Odyssey PC1200. Need that Tuner!!! I hate CELL's!!!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-30-2005, 01:28 PM

Philter,

I just tapped into the sidemarker lines, as I thought the fusebox was too full as well. It works fine haven't had a problem yet...

Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away
The queen is their slave

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-30-2005, 04:07 PM

Groans: 1
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Philter,

I just tapped into the sidemarker lines, as I thought the fusebox was too full as well. It works fine haven't had a problem yet...
[/b]
Same here, and mines came from the first batch, and no problems yet...

大きく悪いお父さんのガレージ

Where 'fix' doesn't always mean 'repair'
*Spare parts available*
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-30-2005, 04:19 PM

So which color bulbs did you guys get with your kits, or do you think its just better to buy the kit just for the bezels and add different brand bulbs? Just trying to get an understanding of how the light output is from these included bulbs.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-30-2005, 08:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
So which color bulbs did you guys get with your kits, or do you think its just better to buy the kit just for the bezels and add different brand bulbs? Just trying to get an understanding of how the light output is from these included bulbs.
[/b]
http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?s=&s...ndpost&p=584109

Cause im lazy to repost the pics..... I got the clear ones.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-30-2005, 08:37 PM

I got the clear ones too.

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-31-2005, 05:39 PM
Retired Moderator

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Mine are tapped directly into the low-beams, but there is an in-line fuse and the relay if memory serves. My installer black electrical taped all the wires and hid them quite well. When I get back home tomorrow night, I will dig up the pictures of the wire routing and relay hiding post-install.

1980 Pontiac Bonneville - White w/ 301 V8 - The last Poncho
Smog pump delete - Accel super coil - Bluestreak cap & rotor - Dynomax long tube headers & 2.5" true dual exhaust w/ Dynomax Ultraflo mufflers

1994 Mazda B3000 SE
Daily driver

"In fact, we should have a threesome cuz I love me some crazy bitch lesbian action!" - Turbo6Girl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page