User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-21-2005, 11:32 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Can anyone tell me if these bulbs seem decent for such a cheap price? I don't have a lot money to spend on bulbs but I can't stand the factory yellow bulbs. I was thinking of trying these out for my fogs and low beams. They appear to be nice enough to give off a crisp white light rather than the dingy yellow. Suggestions???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-06-MAZDA...1QQcmdZViewItem
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-21-2005, 11:35 PM

Send a message via AIM to dabears2k Send a message via MSN to dabears2k
For $3 can you really go wrong? They will probably not be a great bulb, but they will be better than stock...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"We have no words for speaking of wisdom to the stupid. He who understands the wise is wise already."
-G.C. Lichtenberg
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-21-2005, 11:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
For $3 can you really go wrong? They will probably not be a great bulb, but they will be better than stock...
[/b]
That's what I was thinking, espeically since I am going to have to pay someone to change them for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-21-2005, 11:56 PM

Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via AIM to MZBuckeye
No chance will they be better in any way than the stockers. They'll have much less light output due to the blue coating, and they'll burn out quick, I can just about guarantee it. I'd advise against any other bulb out there other than Osrams, PIAA's, or HIDS. They might "look" better, but they won't work better.

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-21-2005, 11:58 PM

Groans: 1
do not buy them, made that mistake myself already, at least one will burn out the day you put them in and you will not get a refund the seller is a real loser.....save some money and invest in PIAA's or an HID kit

2004 Mazda 6s - GONE!
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT
Titanium Gray - 6spd MTX
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-22-2005, 12:11 AM Thread Starter

Ok, well I'm not paying near $100 for bulbs. I need some bulbs that will look nicer than stocks but don't have to be real fancy. I'm not doing HID's on a lease so thats out of the question. I want to replace just the fogs and the lo-beams. How much am I looking at for decent bulbs? I want absolutely no yellow!
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-22-2005, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Ok, well I'm not paying near $100 for bulbs. I need some bulbs that will look nicer than stocks but don't have to be real fancy. I'm not doing HID's on a lease so thats out of the question. I want to replace just the fogs and the lo-beams. How much am I looking at for decent bulbs? I want absolutely no yellow!
[/b]

if all you are going for is looks and you don't care about output (because other than those options which mzbuckeye listed, everything else will be dimmer than stock) i would suggest luminics hyperwhites. i had them in my h1s and h3s for a little while and the color looked good but i couldn't see shit. iirc, they're ~$48 a pair.

and why do you have to pay someone to change your bulbs?!?

<span style="font-family:Arial">06 6i sedan ATX tungsten gray, lip spoiler
stock for now
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-22-2005, 08:20 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to gweedostyle
Quote:
if all you are going for is looks and you don&#39;t care about output (because other than those options which mzbuckeye listed, everything else will be dimmer than stock) i would suggest luminics hyperwhites. i had them in my h1s and h3s for a little while and the color looked good but i couldn&#39;t see shit. iirc, they&#39;re ~$48 a pair.

and why do you have to pay someone to change your bulbs?!?
[/b]
honestly, i have to, HAVE TO say luminics is a big no-no....i bought the H3s pure blue(not the whites) and it said they put out 130W....i think they meant 30W...plus they lasted less than 3 weeks....i have a couple of posts on this and i just recommend to save people $$, IMO, they are a waste of $$...i have the PIAAS in my lows....so far, greatest investment...yes $90 but i think they are worth it, great output, i got the 7500K, spark blue great color....but i just ordered the XTecs 8000K HIDs...so the PIAAs are coming out soon as well =p

what he means he has to pay someone to change bulbs, is get them installed by someone....b/c honestly, i would have to do that too or at least have someone i know change them....1) its f&#39;in freezing outside, 2) im kinda retarded when its going to come to take off the bumper and stuff...i just dont trust myself just in case i screw something, ive never done it before =/

&#39;05 Onyx Black Mazda 6S 6spd Auto
Fully loaded w/o navigation system...i bought a map instead!!

Im a guido, hi ya doin!
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-22-2005, 08:46 AM

Quote:
honestly, i have to, HAVE TO say luminics is a big no-no....i bought the H3s pure blue(not the whites) and it said they put out 130W....i think they meant 30W...plus they lasted less than 3 weeks....i have a couple of posts on this and i just recommend to save people $$, IMO, they are a waste of $$...i have the PIAAS in my lows....so far, greatest investment...yes $90 but i think they are worth it, great output, i got the 7500K, spark blue great color....but i just ordered the XTecs 8000K HIDs...so the PIAAs are coming out soon as well =p

what he means he has to pay someone to change bulbs, is get them installed by someone....b/c honestly, i would have to do that too or at least have someone i know change them....1) its f&#39;in freezing outside, 2) im kinda retarded when its going to come to take off the bumper and stuff...i just dont trust myself just in case i screw something, ive never done it before =/
[/b]
i totally agree that luminics suck, although mine did last longer than yours. but if all zmzmzm05 wants is looks, then luminics would be the cheapest route.

at least attempt to change them yourself. that&#39;s what i did and it was pretty intuitive. you do not have to take the bumper off, although it would be easier especially if you have a v6. and there really isn&#39;t anything you could mess up. i hear you on the cold-ass weather, but borrow someone&#39;s garage, try to do it yourself, and save some money (then maybe you could upgrade to piaas)

<span style="font-family:Arial">06 6i sedan ATX tungsten gray, lip spoiler
stock for now
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-22-2005, 08:56 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to gweedostyle
Quote:
i totally agree that luminics suck, although mine did last longer than yours. but if all zmzmzm05 wants is looks, then luminics would be the cheapest route.

at least attempt to change them yourself. that&#39;s what i did and it was pretty intuitive. you do not have to take the bumper off, although it would be easier especially if you have a v6. and there really isn&#39;t anything you could mess up. i hear you on the cold-ass weather, but borrow someone&#39;s garage, try to do it yourself, and save some money (then maybe you could upgrade to piaas)
[/b]
agreed on the price/cheapest/good looks...but quality? from experience, PIAA all the way

i agree, i should really try it myself....i may switch to PIAA fogs....but like i said, the low beams are out...i just got my HID system yesterday so i may not even use my fogs anymore anyway....now putting that in? i definitely do not trust myself lol plus if i put in the DDEs, ill hook up my brake lights to the high beams =/....and yeah, i have the V6, ive read posts on its doable....but have to move the airbox and the anti-freeze box as well...other than that, good luck...but someone from here just said they can do it for me so im thinking of letting him do it....seems like a nice guy and he knows what hes doing

&#39;05 Onyx Black Mazda 6S 6spd Auto
Fully loaded w/o navigation system...i bought a map instead!!

Im a guido, hi ya doin!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page