Found some bulbs on ebay - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-22-2005, 09:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
For that price, you really can't go wrong, but that old attage does come to mind...you get what you pay for.

I suggest to buy some Luminics from http://www.streetunit.com/product_p/lhw.htm

They're only $25, the bulbs are very white, decent light output and they come with a one year warranty.

One of mine blew out after about 4 months and the replaced it for free, minus shipping.

'03 6i MTX (Steel Grey)

Black Racing l CPE l Momo l EBC l JDM l Redline l McCulloch l Toyo l Hollanda l Luminics l PIAA l Freedom Design l Tanabe l RPM l MazdaSpeed l Hawk l DDE l Pulsar l
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-22-2005, 09:13 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via AIM to MZBuckeye
Personally I can't stand to change bulbs that give WORSE output every couple months just for better looks. Osram Silverstars don't look any better, but they perform much better. However, I did have one go out after about a year, which still isn't long enough IMO.

Retrofit, here I come!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-22-2005, 09:19 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to gweedostyle
Quote:
Personally I can't stand to change bulbs that give WORSE output every couple months just for better looks. Osram Silverstars don't look any better, but they perform much better. However, I did have one go out after about a year, which still isn't long enough IMO.

Retrofit, here I come!
[/b]
yeah, i may do a retrofit soon but...a lot of people didnt do it with the HIDs and are happy so for now, no retro but will install HID....i agree on the changing bulbs every 4 months or so...or in my case every 3 weeks =/...just PITA....plus, with the XTecs, its a lifetime warranty on all parts which is great =)

'05 Onyx Black Mazda 6S 6spd Auto
Fully loaded w/o navigation system...i bought a map instead!!

Im a guido, hi ya doin!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-22-2005, 09:28 AM
Mazda Guru

Mentioned: 253 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 840 Post(s)
Thanked 1,168 Times in 855 Posts
Groaned at 6 Times in 3 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Ok, well I'm not paying near $100 for bulbs. I need some bulbs that will look nicer than stocks but don't have to be real fancy. I'm not doing HID's on a lease so thats out of the question. I want to replace just the fogs and the lo-beams. How much am I looking at for decent bulbs? I want absolutely no yellow!
[/b]
As proven a hundred times on this forum, you get what you pay for. You buy cheap bulbs, not only will they be dimmer than stock (which makes them useless, IMO), you'll be replacing them more than you get oil changes. I went through so many different headlight bulbs in my old Grand Am within a two-year period, that I spent more than I would buying PIAAs the first time. So I finally bought PIAAs, and they lasted over two years, and still worked when I traded for the 6.

Spend a little more $$ and get the PIAAs, you'll only have to do it once...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2018 MAZDA 6 GRAND TOURING RESERVE - Deep Crystal Blue
"The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page