Xtec 5000k 50watt kit (pics) - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-06-2005, 12:14 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
BTW my camera sucks and the pics don't do justice.

HIDs only

HIDs with fogs

HIDs with high beams

Same but on garage door

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dscf0002.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	44171   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dscf0003.jpg
Views:	489
Size:	139.5 KB
ID:	44172   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dscf0004.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	115.2 KB
ID:	44173   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dscf0006.jpg
Views:	608
Size:	143.9 KB
ID:	44174   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dscf0007.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	137.6 KB
ID:	44175  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dscf0008.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	44176  

'05 6s hatch 6-speed auto: optimized AEM CAI, Racing Beat exhaust, VVME 4300k 55watt HID, Kosei K1-TS, 215-50-17 Continental DWS, Progress rear sway bar, RB front sway bar, GTSpec ladder brace, Mazdaspeed springs with 3/4" rear lift spring spacer, Bilstein HD shocks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Have "saggy butt" syndrome? Want to even out your drop?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-06-2005, 12:14 AM
Mazda Guru

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to Mazda Gremlyn Send a message via MSN to Mazda Gremlyn
So are you happy you went with the 50watt kit vs the 35watt kit?

2004 Mazda6s MTX: Gone...
Replaced with a 2011 WRX Hatch!

1988 323 GTX: Need to finish re-rebuilding the engine...
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-06-2005, 12:16 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
and how do they compare to the stock lights?

2005 6s ATX6, Steel Grey... RX8 18" wheels, tint...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-06-2005, 12:54 AM
Retired Moderator

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
and how do they compare to the stock lights?
[/b]
According to their website the race 50watt kit puts out 4000 lumens at 5000K.

1980 Pontiac Bonneville - White w/ 301 V8 - The last Poncho
Smog pump delete - Accel super coil - Bluestreak cap & rotor - Dynomax long tube headers & 2.5" true dual exhaust w/ Dynomax Ultraflo mufflers

1994 Mazda B3000 SE
Daily driver

"In fact, we should have a threesome cuz I love me some crazy bitch lesbian action!" - Turbo6Girl
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-06-2005, 10:05 AM Thread Starter

gremlyn, justang,

To get a real grasp of how they compare to other cars, I need to meet up with my boss and line up with his E55 and take a pic.

Reading the thread how people were disappointed with their HID results and wanting to do the D2S retrofit, I thought I was going to be less than fully satisfied with my H1 HID install. Plus seeing how horrid the halogen beam pattern and output was got me to purchase the 50watt kit.

I think some of these people are just expecting WAY TOO MUCH. In the past 3 nights when I was on the road, I would try to keep pace with cars that had OEM HIDs to compare output. And my output seems to be higher than these OEM HIDs. Some 6 owners are complaining how they can't see their HID light on a well lit street. Well, I was crossing the street in front of a Audi A8L at e57th St and 3rd Ave in Manhattan, and I couldn't see it's HID output on the street.

All I know is that for myself, this is a VAST improvement, leaps and bounds, over the halogens. I used to flick the high beams to see the overhead road signs on unlit roads. I don't need to now. Driving in the center lane on a 3 lane highway with the halogens I would barely light up the center lane. Driving with fogs was a necessity. Now the HIDs can fill all 3 lanes.

'05 6s hatch 6-speed auto: optimized AEM CAI, Racing Beat exhaust, VVME 4300k 55watt HID, Kosei K1-TS, 215-50-17 Continental DWS, Progress rear sway bar, RB front sway bar, GTSpec ladder brace, Mazdaspeed springs with 3/4" rear lift spring spacer, Bilstein HD shocks

post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-06-2005, 01:49 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Thanks for posting the pics. I think the cutoff on the stock projectors really isn't that bad and your pictures do a good job of illustrating that. It looks like you could adjust your right headlamp upwards a bit. It seems to point down further than the right one.

Just out of curiosity, did you perform the modification involving removing the small metal plate inside the projectors?

Are you one of our valued customers? Join The RPM Crew today and help spread the word! --

Come check out our website! --
-- We have a huge selection of parts for the Mazda 6 and Mazdaspeed 6!

Like us on Facebook for news and discounts! --
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-06-2005, 02:18 PM Thread Starter

Thanks falcon.

Both beams are level. That's just how the picture came out. The car was parked on a sloped driveway and I took the pick from behind the driver seat.

No, I did not remove the plate from inside the projector.

And as you can see from the pic, the HID beam pattern pretty much retains the halogen beam pattern of ___/__ and ___/__ and there's a clean cutoff. From the alley pics, you can see the defined cutoff where you can't see anything above the cutoff (as compared to having the high beams on).

The next test is to compare it to an E55.

post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-06-2005, 03:16 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to gweedostyle
bravo....bravo...good job, i like the way they look and i dont intend to take out the glare either also just b/c i bought the 8000K which isnt as bright as the 6000K, i really wanted more of a color look but i still will get greater output than halogens so im not worried....but i think they look good, very good....but i dont think anyone asked this but....did you do the H3 fog lights HIDs as well? b/c i just ordered for the low beams....im debating whether i just should just get more $$ for the H3s as well and just finish the job but...all my new bulbs(aftermarket) just keep going out one by one and i need someone to do this for me b/c i am no where near handy to set this up so im just debating going all stock original and just put in HIDs....just curious so...

question is...are your H3s HIDs as well?

'05 Onyx Black Mazda 6S 6spd Auto
Fully loaded w/o navigation system...i bought a map instead!!

Im a guido, hi ya doin!
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-06-2005, 05:02 PM Thread Starter

I only did the low beams. The rest of the bulbs are stock.

post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-06-2005, 05:45 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to gweedostyle
ok cool...yeah i figured with both HIDs i would eventually blind someone lol yes it would look all nice but then again, even in your pics....and i know i got the 35W and you have 50W, but in your pics, with the foglights on, you really cant even notice the difference of them being on...plus i ordered the DDE/halos as well so my parking lights are being removed, no point in them anymore...but good deal, thank you! stock fogs it is

'05 Onyx Black Mazda 6S 6spd Auto
Fully loaded w/o navigation system...i bought a map instead!!

Im a guido, hi ya doin!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page