LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 10:35 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to HedsIc
Ok, My question is. I have been looking at HID kits online. I found a set through Techone that are 15000k. that seems pretty damn high to me. the highest i've heard so far was 12000k. Now I know I will not get the light output that I would from say a 5000k set. But it would still be more like them OEM so they are still en improvement. not worsening anything. Plus you get a very unique look. my question is. first off why are they so cheap ($250, includes shipping)? is Techone a crappy HID company or a good one? second. just out of curiosity what is the highest K HIDs go?.

Again i havn't decided on getting the 14000k. mainly because it will stand out pretty well to cops and so forth which I do not want. but it made me curiouse when I seen 14000k and made me what exactly how high up these get.....Also the guy told me that 12000 emit a nice light blue and you have to get up to 14000-15000 in order to get the purple color.
I was under the impression that you got the purple at about 1000k and the nice blue around 8000k. so are these different?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 11:14 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Uh. 4500K is brightest. 5500k is fairly white. 6000K - 8K are fairly blue. 10k I think is purple.

Also found this.

14 or 15k is going to be retarded. You'll most likely be pulled over by every cop in the state. Hell, cops will come into the state from other states to pull you over. heh.

And I would almost hazard that bulbs that high will be worse than OEM.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 11:17 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Kincaid@Nov 16 2005, 11:14 AM
Uh. 4500K is brightest. 5500k is fairly white. 6000K - 8K are fairly blue. 10k I think is purple.

Also found this.

14 or 15k is going to be retarded. You'll most likely be pulled over by every cop in the state. Hell, cops will come into the state from other states to pull you over. heh.

And I would almost hazard that bulbs that high will be worse than OEM.
[snapback]558875[/snapback]
yeah i don't think i would go that high just for fear of being pulled over. but I do like the 1000k. It just made me curious to know what the highest there is available.

BTW that is the same picture the guy emailed me except he put the last set as 14000k HID's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 11:46 AM
Learners License

15000k .... you might as well just not have your low-beams on at all. That's pretty much blacklight territory right there.

If you want looks + the benefit of better lighting performance, go 5000k-6000k. It's not too high and not a pure white.

4300k is what is in ALL factory installed HID. It's the projector properties that give it that "blue" look. Actually, the blue/purple is ONLY in the cutoff line and not in the actual foreground light.
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 01:15 PM Thread Starter

Has anyone purchased from this user on paypal ? [email protected]

And are Techone HID's a good kit? or crap?. i notice it's $250 including shipping which seems to be cheaper then anywhere I can find.
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 02:22 PM

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to boreddusty
Quote:
Originally posted by Kincaid@Nov 16 2005, 12:14 PM
[snapback]558875[/snapback]

Probably wouldn't be able to see them, though.

"Roku:" 2005 Steel Grey 6s ATX.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 04:08 PM

Send a message via AIM to zxc1104 Send a message via MSN to zxc1104 Send a message via Yahoo to zxc1104
i have 6000K, and i love them! white... with a tint of blue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 04:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by zxc1104@Nov 16 2005, 04:08 PM
i have 6000K, and i love them! white... with a tint of blue
[snapback]559089[/snapback]
Are they Techones?
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 06:01 PM
Retired Moderator

HedsIc,

Your question regarding whether Techone's are good HID's seems to have gone unanswered. Personally, I can't provide an answer either, but I can say this much: it appears that Techone is a Chinese-made kit (http://www.techone.com.cn/). The company seems to be producing lighting products for all sorts of automotive and industrial applications, so it seems that they know what they're doing. I'm not inferring that a Chinese product is by any means inferior to a domestic or European product. And considering that, in today's age, almost everything's made over there anyway, this shouldn't be of any significant concern.

At the end of the day, a product is only as good as the warranty that's backing it. I myself have XTECs, which is a Taiwanese brand. It comes with a lifetime warranty that the vendor, RPM, is very faithfully honouring.

My advice to you is to ensure that you buy the kit, no matter what the brand, from a dealer that can be trusted and who will provide you the necessary support when things go wrong. Trust me, even with a top-of-the-line kit such as Philips or XTEC, things can go wrong. That's when the warranty comes into action and saves the day.

Just my $0.02 worth.

Good Luck.

EDIT: Personally, I think anything above 8000K is just plain ridiculous. Just my opinion, so no flame-age please.

VANCOUVER MAZDA6CLUB MODERATOR
2004 Mazda6 GT Hatch I4 MTX

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 06:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by zoomzoomfan@Nov 16 2005, 06:01 PM
HedsIc,

Your question regarding whether Techone's are good HID's seems to have gone unanswered.* Personally, I can't provide an answer either, but I can say this much:* it appears that Techone is a Chinese-made kit (http://www.techone.com.cn/).* The company seems to be producing lighting products for all sorts of automotive and industrial applications, so it seems that they know what they're doing.* I'm not inferring that a Chinese product is by any means inferior to a domestic or European product.* And considering that, in today's age, almost everything's made over there anyway, this shouldn't be of any significant concern.

At the end of the day, a product is only as good as the warranty that's backing it.* I myself have XTECs, which is a Taiwanese brand.* It comes with a lifetime warranty that the vendor, RPM, is very faithfully honouring.

My advice to you is to ensure that you buy the kit, no matter what the brand, from a dealer that can be trusted and who will provide you the necessary support when things go wrong.* Trust me, even with a top-of-the-line kit such as Philips or XTEC, things can go wrong.* That's when the warranty comes into action and saves the day.

Just my $0.02 worth.

Good Luck.

EDIT:* Personally, I think anything above 8000K is just plain ridiculous.* Just my opinion, so no flame-age please.
[snapback]559178[/snapback]
Thank you for the answers. 8000k is what I have been considering know after looking around more. I was going to go with Mcullough's or Xtecs. I came across the Techones and noticed they was 250 shipped. So i was like "Hell i can afford that right now" But i do beleive they come with no warrenty. I will look around mroe and see what I find and so forth. THank You again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page