general HID question. - Page 3 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-17-2005, 12:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mzp6@Nov 17 2005, 11:18 AM
Doesn't the 6 come with HID already?

Only certain 2006s will be equipped with OEM HIDs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-17-2005, 12:29 PM
Learners License

i see. i saw the new GT hatch's get OEM HID's... i figured the old ones had too.
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-17-2005, 02:17 PM

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to sry110
I agree, the lifetime warranty I have with Xtec/RPM is great...but now I am having repeated issues with a bad ballast and a replacement ballast that is also bad, which I couldn't find out until I took the front bumper off, swapped out the ballasts, verified the wiring and flipped the switch (i.e., when I tried to turn on the light with the replacement ballast, nothing happened!). Talk about a waste of time! So yeah, they will replace your kit if it goes bad, but how many times do they have to replace it until you get one that works?

Maybe this is an isolated incident, and hopefully the next replacement they send me will actually work, but holy hell it is getting to be ridiculous!

I wouldn't buy a car with a 1,000,000 mile bumper-to-bumper, wearable parts included, warranty if it broke down every two weeks.

**EDIT** This is not intended as a flame on RPM/Xtec...they seem like great guys who stand behind their product, and as I said this is probably an isolated incident. This is merely commentary on Lifetime warranties, from the point of view of someone who is having to take advantage of it multiple times.

-steve

Old Car --> 2003 Mazda 6s 5MT, Sport Package, some goodies

Current Car --> 2006 Nissan 350z 6MT, some goodies : )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-17-2005, 02:21 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to AzMz6 Send a message via MSN to AzMz6
i can feel ya, but from what i understand they just recently found the real problem as to why those ballasts were going bad. but i also agree, even though they are lifetime warrantied, does not mean i do not want to yank my bumper every week.

but now that they found the problem that should not be an issue.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

a 2003 SVT Mustang Cobra also is sitting in my garage....
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-17-2005, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by AzMz6@Nov 17 2005, 07:21 PM
i can feel ya, but from what i understand they just recently found the real problem as to why those ballasts were going bad. but i also agree, even though they are lifetime warrantied, does not mean i do not want to yank my bumper every week.

but now that they found the problem that should not be an issue.
[snapback]559815[/snapback]
They held up shipment of my HID kit in the first place because supposedly they had found the problem, and they were waiting for a new batch of ballasts to come in before shipping any more orders. Even though they delayed my shipment, it seems that a bad one got in there anyway. While the original defective ballast turns on then cuts off after two seconds, the replacement they sent me would not turn on at all. I verified that my wiring was correct by reconnecting the original ballast, and it functioned as usual.

Anyway, I PM'd Donny and hinted towards my discontent, and I requested that the new ballast be sent to me on an expedited basis to rectify this issue ASAP. Hopefully they come through for me, and I can get this job re-done (for the last time!) before Thanksgiving.

-steve

post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-17-2005, 03:02 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to AzMz6 Send a message via MSN to AzMz6
wow. sorry to here that man. hope this time fixes it. one good thing though, atleast our bumper is not that difficult to get off....

a 2003 SVT Mustang Cobra also is sitting in my garage....
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-17-2005, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by AzMz6@Nov 17 2005, 08:02 PM
wow. sorry to here that man. hope this time fixes it. one good thing though, atleast our bumper is not that difficult to get off....
[snapback]559865[/snapback]

Haha, yeah that's true, now that I have learned how to take out those fender liner clips without stripping the phillips head int he plastic! I actually went to the store and bought some back-up clips just in case I mutilate any more of them

Donny at RPM just PM'ed me back, saying that Xtec will ship out a new ballast tomorrow, with 3-day delivery, and he is requiring that this one be tested before shipment. Talk about good customer service. But I sure hope this one works out!

post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-18-2005, 01:27 PM

Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via AIM to MZBuckeye
Quote:
Originally posted by sry110@Nov 17 2005, 02:17 PM
I agree, the lifetime warranty I have with Xtec/RPM is great...but now I am having repeated issues with a bad ballast and a replacement ballast that is also bad, which I couldn't find out until I took the front bumper off, swapped out the ballasts, verified the wiring and flipped the switch (i.e., when I tried to turn on the light with the replacement ballast, nothing happened!).* Talk about a waste of time!* So yeah, they will replace your kit if it goes bad, but how many times do they have to replace it until you get one that works?*

Maybe this is an isolated incident, and hopefully the next replacement they send me will actually work, but holy hell it is getting to be ridiculous!

I wouldn't buy a car with a 1,000,000 mile bumper-to-bumper, wearable parts included, warranty if it broke down every two weeks.

**EDIT** This is not intended as a flame on RPM/Xtec...they seem like great guys who stand behind their product, and as I said this is probably an isolated incident.* This is merely commentary on Lifetime warranties, from the point of view of someone who is having to take advantage of it multiple times.

-steve
[snapback]559808[/snapback]
This sounds very much like a lot of complaints I've read on the 3 board with Xtecs. I want them, they look great, but all these failures is making me nervous. No offense RPM, but ??? I'd be very upset to be tearing my bumper off several times for bad ballasts, even if it is an easy job.

post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-18-2005, 02:22 PM

Invest in another brand. I have had my McCulloch 6000K set for well over a year. I have never had any problems with flickering or cutting out and I use my headlights every day. What do other McCulloch owners say?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page