User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 11:35 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to zxc1104 Send a message via MSN to zxc1104 Send a message via Yahoo to zxc1104
okay... so it's been like a month or so since i got my XTEC 6000K HIDs installed... and it's been going smooth till like the other day.

when the my headlights are turned on, the passeneger side flickers for a lil, then stabalizes... and now, it the passenger side flickers then turns off.

i'm totally confused in what it maybe, i check all the connections and the ballasts to check if anything was loose or not connected fully.

i have no clue what's going on. there is nothing wrong with the drivers side, it turns on and warms up the usual way... but the passenger side turns on, flickers and then shuts off.

any ideas?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 12:02 PM

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to sry110
Quote:
Originally posted by zxc1104@Nov 13 2005, 04:35 PM
okay... so it's been like a month or so since i got my XTEC 6000K HIDs installed... and it's been going smooth till like the other day.

when the my headlights are turned on, the passeneger side flickers for a lil, then stabalizes... and now, it the passenger side flickers then turns off.

i'm totally confused in what it maybe, i check all the connections and the ballasts to check if anything was loose or not connected fully.

i have no clue what's going on. there is nothing wrong with the drivers side, it turns on and warms up the usual way... but the passenger side turns on, flickers and then shuts off.

any ideas?
[snapback]556412[/snapback]
Same thing happens to me with my 5000K X-tec kit that I installed last month, except it is my driver's side. It almost heats up all the way, then just blinks off. If I then turn the lights off, then on again, they both come on and stay on. I contacted Donny at RPM (where I bought the kit) and told him what happened, and that I suspect I have a bad ballast, and he sent me a new one. Had to send him $40 deposit, but I will get that back when I return the old ballast. Hopefully I will do the swap some night this week. While the lifetime warranty on X-tec kits makes me feel good, I certainly do not want to be re-doing this installation process a bunch of times. I already destroyed two of the fender liner fasteners because they were stripped and I had to tear them out...so after another install, I'm gonna be flappin in the wind.

Good luck man...call the HID vendor (RPM, etc.) and tell your story, and I am sure you will receive a new ballast soon.

-steve

Old Car --> 2003 Mazda 6s 5MT, Sport Package, some goodies

Current Car --> 2006 Nissan 350z 6MT, some goodies : )
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 12:08 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to zxc1104 Send a message via MSN to zxc1104 Send a message via Yahoo to zxc1104
Quote:
Originally posted by sry110@Nov 13 2005, 01:02 PM
Same thing happens to me with my 5000K X-tec kit that I installed last month, except it is my driver's side.* It almost heats up all the way, then just blinks off.* If I then turn the lights off, then on again, they both come on and stay on.* I contacted Donny at RPM (where I bought the kit) and told him what happened, and that I suspect I have a bad ballast, and he sent me a new one.* Had to send him $40 deposit, but I will get that back when I return the old ballast.* Hopefully I will do the swap some night this week.* While the lifetime warranty on X-tec kits makes me feel good, I certainly do not want to be re-doing this installation process a bunch of times.* * I already destroyed two of the fender liner fasteners because they were stripped and I had to tear them out...so after another install, I'm gonna be flappin in the wind.*

Good luck man...call the HID vendor (RPM, etc.) and tell your story, and I am sure you will receive a new ballast soon.

-steve
[snapback]556422[/snapback]
oooh thanks. i emailed xenondepot and explained what happenend... just waiting for the response.

how does the ballast go bad? could it be from getting shaken like over bumps etc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

anyone else have this problem?

post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 03:47 PM

Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via AIM to MZBuckeye
Wow, there's been an awful lot of complaints about the Xtecs lately. Check out the Mazda3 boards, there's a new thread damn near every day about someone's Xtecs malfunctioning.

I wonder what the deal is?

post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 06:32 PM

man and i just bought a xtec kit.....thanks guys.

post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

i have never had any other problems tho... they have been running smooth?

it's got to be my ballasts.

post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 07:43 PM

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to sry110
Quote:
Originally posted by zxc1104@Nov 13 2005, 05:08 PM
oooh thanks. i emailed xenondepot and explained what happenend... just waiting for the response.

how does the ballast go bad? could it be from getting shaken like over bumps etc.
[snapback]556424[/snapback]
I'm not sure how a ballast goes bad, but I know that mine was bad right away. The night that I installed mine, on the drive home from my friend's garage right after we finished the job, I stopped along the way. When I flipped my lights back on, thats when I noticed the drivers side blink off like I mentioned above. So I would contend that it was not bumps and the like that made mine go bad.

Old Car --> 2003 Mazda 6s 5MT, Sport Package, some goodies

Current Car --> 2006 Nissan 350z 6MT, some goodies : )
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 07:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by sry110@Nov 13 2005, 08:43 PM
I'm not sure how a ballast goes bad, but I know that mine was bad right away.* The night that I installed mine, on the drive home from my friend's garage right after we finished the job, I stopped along the way.* When I flipped my lights back on, thats when I noticed the drivers side blink off like I mentioned above.* So I would contend that it was not bumps and the like that made mine go bad.
[snapback]556600[/snapback]
i checked the connections, from the housing to the bulb, it's good. when i go to turn it on... it flickers, then shuts off.

post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 07:50 PM Thread Starter

could it be fuse? but if it was fuse... both lights should not work, right?

\\ confused.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page