Brands of H.I.D Kit - Page 3 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-06-2005, 06:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by blackm6s@Oct 6 2005, 10:13 PM
Thanks a lot, guys...i'm looking to buy either Xtec or Mcculloch, but my friend got the hook up on Philips, I might just get Philips instant, but for installation easy wise?? which one do u guy thing is the easiest to install? cause I heard my friend said that Philip is not really plug n' play, you have to do some cutting and soldering, is it the same for the other kits too?? or just philips, cause i want something that's just have plug in to my orginal H1 connector. please help
[snapback]527119[/snapback]
Your going to have to do minor things with any kit that you get. Phillips is going to give you the best light output, they are standard OE on most HID equiped cars if I am correct. You next best bet would be XTEC, great light output, the mcculloch doesn't have quite the light output, good and bright but less lumens to light the road with. Hope that helps

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

05 Steel grey 6i
89 mustang (few mods
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
) sold-THANK GOD, can't afford the gas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-07-2005, 12:09 PM

As 04char6 mentions, any kit will require minor modifications. The XTEC ones req'd the following:
1. Drill hole in dust cap
2. Widen the negative connector on the OEM harness so the XTEC one will fit (very easy to do)

Then you mount the ballasts and you're done. Do a search, there's a couple of walk-thrus that will help.

Quote:
Originally posted by blackm6s@Oct 6 2005, 06:13 PM
Thanks a lot, guys...i'm looking to buy either Xtec or Mcculloch, but my friend got the hook up on Philips, I might just get Philips instant, but for installation easy wise?? which one do u guy thing is the easiest to install? cause I heard my friend said that Philip is not really plug n' play, you have to do some cutting and soldering, is it the same for the other kits too?? or just philips, cause i want something that's just have plug in to my orginal H1 connector. please help
[snapback]527119[/snapback]
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-07-2005, 09:24 PM

Groans: 1
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Xtec 6000k! Take a look.....

[attachmentid=7500]
Attached Images

大きく悪いお父さんのガレージ

Where 'fix' doesn't always mean 'repair'
*Spare parts available*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-07-2005, 10:54 PM
Retired Moderator

I've had the XTEC 5000K kit installed in my car for about two to three weeks now. I can definitely say that I'm one of the brighest people on the road... i.e. my lights are brigther than most cars ... even when I compare myself with cars like Acura, BMW and Mercedes with their OEM HID systems.

The first night I had them, I pulled up next to a C230 Kompressor and my headlights simply took over the road. Made the guy in the Merc look at me too.

Now... if I can get rid of these crappy halogen projectors and put in some nice Bosch ECE's, I'll be laughing.

VANCOUVER MAZDA6CLUB MODERATOR
2004 Mazda6 GT Hatch I4 MTX

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page