Brands of H.I.D Kit - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 01:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to JBalla1036 Send a message via Yahoo to JBalla1036
Quote:
Originally posted by channt@Oct 4 2005, 10:40 PM

many ppl, dont like it... but many like it. it matches the car's color.

[snapback]525506[/snapback]
And that would be what.?.? Purplish-Pink???

"If there's no one hating on you, you ain't doin it right."- Katt W

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 02:14 PM
Learners License

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to jayrodau Send a message via MSN to jayrodau
Quote:
Originally posted by blackm6s@Oct 3 2005, 03:54 PM
Sup, guyz, i'm looking into purchasing a HID convertion kit for my Mazda6 Sendan, I know that since the 6 have projector headlight, it good to use D2R rather than D2S, right?* but what brand should I get? Philip sames a bit expensive to me, but I dont' know what other brand is good, is McCulloch any good? I'm looking for "reliability" ........what kind of brand do u guys use?
[snapback]524258[/snapback]
Its all about the PHILIPS 6000K BABY!!!!

Im telling you

Jayrod
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 03:03 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Quote:
Originally posted by blackm6s@Oct 3 2005, 04:54 PM
Sup, guyz, i'm looking into purchasing a HID convertion kit for my Mazda6 Sendan, I know that since the 6 have projector headlight, it good to use D2R rather than D2S, right?* but what brand should I get? Philip sames a bit expensive to me, but I dont' know what other brand is good, is McCulloch any good? I'm looking for "reliability" ........what kind of brand do u guys use?
[snapback]524258[/snapback]
The Mazda 6 headlamps will not accept D2S or D2R. If you do a retrofit and replace the projector with a D2S projector, then, of course, you would want D2S. However, most people simply use conversion kits that use rebased H1 bulbs.

We sell Apexcone and Xtec kits that both have a lifetime warranty on all parts. Our kits are brighter than most competitors and OEM kits. We have many satisfied customers.

And for the record, I do have an Xtec 5000k kit installed on my car.

Are you one of our valued customers? Join The RPM Crew today and help spread the word! --
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Come check out our website! --
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-- We have a huge selection of parts for the Mazda 6 and Mazdaspeed 6!

Like us on Facebook for news and discounts! --
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by falcontx@Oct 5 2005, 02:03 PM
The Mazda 6 headlamps will not accept D2S or D2R. If you do a retrofit and replace the projector with a D2S projector, then, of course, you would want D2S. However, most people simply use conversion kits that use rebased H1 bulbs.

We sell Apexcone and Xtec kits that both have a lifetime warranty on all parts. Our kits are brighter than most competitors and OEM kits. We have many satisfied customers.

And for the record, I do have an Xtec 5000k kit installed on my car.
[snapback]526016[/snapback]

I can't be brighter... between 5000K Xtec and 4500K Meccatune. Then Meccatune will be brighter.

Between 5000K Xtec and 5000K Meccatune, both will be as bright.

Therefore you HID kits can't be brighter.

Mazda 6 S 2004
Current Mods: AEM CAI, Silver Painted Calipers, 35% Windows Tint, Rotora Front & Rear Brake Pad, Starter, Low beam Meccatune 8300K, Fog Meccatune 6500K, Tanabe Strut Tower Bar, Grounded Chassis, HC3 Hurricane Voltage Stabilizer, Slotted F&R EBC Rotors, Chrome Clear Tailight, Side Skirt, Custom leather seat, Angel Eyes, Retrofit Bosch Projector, B-Quiet, Luminated Door sills, 18" Motegi DP12 hyperblack

Future (spring 07): Front Sport bumper, Mazdaspeed Springs (not installed), Koni Yellow shocks, engine mount.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-06-2005, 12:30 AM

Note that I did say "most competitors." Also, it can be brighter. I'd challenge you to meet up with someone with an Xtec kit and compare them side by side.

Are you one of our valued customers? Join The RPM Crew today and help spread the word! --

post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-06-2005, 12:36 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Marko343 Send a message via MSN to Marko343 Send a message via Yahoo to Marko343
I just ordered a 6000k Xtec kit from you falcontx, I can't wait till they get here, I've heard nothing but good things bout the Xtec kit, but a few minor things over the past months on here since I got my 6... just anxious to get them and get them into my car!!!

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~- ^CarDomain Link^ -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-06-2005, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by falcontx@Oct 5 2005, 11:30 PM
Note that I did say "most competitors." Also, it can be brighter. I'd challenge you to meet up with someone with an Xtec kit and compare them side by side.
[snapback]526491[/snapback]

Your HID are bright indeed. Not because you have Xtec, but because you have HID.

It IS brighter if you compare your 6000K Xtec to McCulloch 12000K. But it wont be brighter if the color temperatures are the same

I live in Canada, My friend imports hid there. come baby

I am not saying that your HID kits are not good... im just saying that it is as bright as any other HID of the same color temperature.

Mazda 6 S 2004
Current Mods: AEM CAI, Silver Painted Calipers, 35% Windows Tint, Rotora Front & Rear Brake Pad, Starter, Low beam Meccatune 8300K, Fog Meccatune 6500K, Tanabe Strut Tower Bar, Grounded Chassis, HC3 Hurricane Voltage Stabilizer, Slotted F&R EBC Rotors, Chrome Clear Tailight, Side Skirt, Custom leather seat, Angel Eyes, Retrofit Bosch Projector, B-Quiet, Luminated Door sills, 18" Motegi DP12 hyperblack

Future (spring 07): Front Sport bumper, Mazdaspeed Springs (not installed), Koni Yellow shocks, engine mount.
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-06-2005, 11:38 AM

Believe what you will, but let me put it this way...

The Xtec kit doesn't cost more than other HID kits because it's the same "as any other HID of the same color temperature."

post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-06-2005, 02:10 PM
ATL

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to ATL Send a message via MSN to ATL Send a message via Yahoo to ATL
I use the Phillips 6000k Kit. Love it. Kinda costly compared to other kits.

Black CP-E CAI/Black HKS BOV/TurboXS RP/RX-8 Wheels/MS6 Coming soon... LOL
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-06-2005, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Thanks a lot, guys...i'm looking to buy either Xtec or Mcculloch, but my friend got the hook up on Philips, I might just get Philips instant, but for installation easy wise?? which one do u guy thing is the easiest to install? cause I heard my friend said that Philip is not really plug n' play, you have to do some cutting and soldering, is it the same for the other kits too?? or just philips, cause i want something that's just have plug in to my orginal H1 connector. please help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page