Fuzzy Negative Terminal.... - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 09:58 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to sry110
wow, thanks for all the input guys. I figured it was some sort of chemical reaction, but not sure what kind or why. I haven't checked my positive terminal yet, and I am four beers in so I'll give it a look tomorrow. And to be honest, I'm not sure where the amp is grounded since I paid to have it installed (professionally) by Tweeter two years ago. I just assumed they did it right, because I don't know any better and because they do that kind of stuff all day every day. I don't have a wire brush so I will have to pick that up also. Once I get it all cleaned up I will get some petroleum jelly on it and see how long it takes to return.

I am afraid that if I present it to the dealer as a warranty issue, they will blame the aftermarket stereo hooked to the positive terminal. We'll see.

Thanks again for the good advice!

-steve

Old Car --> 2003 Mazda 6s 5MT, Sport Package, some goodies

Current Car --> 2006 Nissan 350z 6MT, some goodies : )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 10:32 PM
Retired Moderator

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally posted by chambers7867@Sep 19 2005, 07:18 PM
But i just said it's an easy fast upgrade with some bling bling effect. and it will elongate the cables life!
[snapback]512408[/snapback]
Falsehood. If it were not dark outside and me being incredibly lazy at the moment, I would go take a picture of my "high dollar car audio battery terminals" with the corrosion fuzz growing on those sealed bastards. All cable ends on mine are crimped and heat shrink sealed.

1980 Pontiac Bonneville - White w/ 301 V8 - The last Poncho
Smog pump delete - Accel super coil - Bluestreak cap & rotor - Dynomax long tube headers & 2.5" true dual exhaust w/ Dynomax Ultraflo mufflers

1994 Mazda B3000 SE
Daily driver

"In fact, we should have a threesome cuz I love me some crazy bitch lesbian action!" - Turbo6Girl
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 12:11 AM

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to NoWeyOut
Mine is like that ever since I did the TB ground mod. Will those terminal protectors work (those green and red cloth rings that go over the terminals)? my accord did that too when I had a system.

03 6s

FS:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FS:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 07:13 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to sry110
Hmm....so it seems like the best thing to do is just check it periodically and clean it off if need be?

Old Car --> 2003 Mazda 6s 5MT, Sport Package, some goodies

Current Car --> 2006 Nissan 350z 6MT, some goodies : )
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 07:47 AM

Send a message via AIM to chambers7867 Send a message via Yahoo to chambers7867
first off, i wounder how come no one told him to use coke or pepsi to clean that shit off? second off 84fordman that's weird. i have rockford fosgate brass connectors for 4 years, (two on my zx2 and two on the 6) and i never had that problem. that's kind of weird to tell you the truth but then again maybe im just lucky. knock on wood. Altough it could be argued that i work on my car at least 3 times a week and give evertyhing a quick once over and keep everything clean in there :/

MAZDA 6i 2.3l: Magnaflow exhaust, InJen intake, Cpe battery tray, Oddssey lightweight battery, Nitrous Express efi wet kit, Nos bottle warmer, Nos bottle Blanket, MR. Racing nitrous plate, Zex purge kit, AutoMeter Nitrous, Tranny, Air/fuel, Volt gauge (sportscomp) Lotek 3 gauge pod, MoMo Duke shiftknob, MoMo endurance shiftboot, Powdercoated valve cover, Powdercoated wheels, Rotra rotors, BenDix brake pads, Stainless steel brake lines, stainless steel fuel lines, MR. Racing fuel rail, Autometer fuel pressure gauge, custom strut bar, 10% tint all around, tinted taillights and sidelights, Planet audio 5x7 speakers all around, Jvc Exad dvd player headunit. carbon fiber hood.
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 07:51 AM

here's a shitty pic of my termanls.

MAZDA 6i 2.3l: Magnaflow exhaust, InJen intake, Cpe battery tray, Oddssey lightweight battery, Nitrous Express efi wet kit, Nos bottle warmer, Nos bottle Blanket, MR. Racing nitrous plate, Zex purge kit, AutoMeter Nitrous, Tranny, Air/fuel, Volt gauge (sportscomp) Lotek 3 gauge pod, MoMo Duke shiftknob, MoMo endurance shiftboot, Powdercoated valve cover, Powdercoated wheels, Rotra rotors, BenDix brake pads, Stainless steel brake lines, stainless steel fuel lines, MR. Racing fuel rail, Autometer fuel pressure gauge, custom strut bar, 10% tint all around, tinted taillights and sidelights, Planet audio 5x7 speakers all around, Jvc Exad dvd player headunit. carbon fiber hood.
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 01:13 PM

As for using coke or pepsi to clean it...

Do you really want to pour a sugary acid liquid around in your car?
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 01:20 PM

it was a joke

post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 03:08 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to monkeyboydrew
Quote:
Originally posted by shellghost@Sep 20 2005, 05:13 PM
As for using coke or pepsi to clean it...

Do you really want to pour a sugary acid liquid around in your car?
[snapback]512946[/snapback]
yeah it was really meant as a joke...although I know of some that have done it (because they didnt have a wire brush or anything else to clean it with) and it works pretty darn good, just gotta make sure to clean it up afterwards.
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 03:24 PM

clean it up? more like drink it up! yummy!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page