What lights up inside the car? - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-15-2005, 07:38 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
zmzmzm05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 806
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
What all is supposed to light up inside the car when the headlights are turned on. I have the whole center faceplate lighting up, the gauges, the auto roll down button. Is the letters on the gear shifter supposed to light up also? I am asking because I had my faceplate replaced today but they are saying I have to bring it back for a new one because the display screen does not light up. BUT I found two cords with red bulbs attached underneath the cupholder. I am wondering if these are the bulbs that go to that display screen? My gear shift letters do not light up though so those wires may go to that. Everything works on this new faceplate including all controls but the display screen does not light up. What could this possibily be, any way related to those wires?
zmzmzm05 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-15-2005, 07:43 PM
Learners License
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Aurora/Naperville, Illinois
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
Do you have an automatic or a manual? Also, it could be the lights for the cigarette lighter and ashtray.
Shamingo is offline  
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-15-2005, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
zmzmzm05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 806
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally posted by Shamingo@Sep 15 2005, 04:43 PM
Do you have an automatic or a manual?* Also, it could be the lights for the cigarette lighter and ashtray.
[snapback]509159[/snapback]

I have an automatic. I was just hoping that by some chance it was a simple fix and I wouldn't have to wait for the new faceplate.
zmzmzm05 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-15-2005, 08:17 PM
Registered User
 
austinhusker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,556
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally posted by zmzmzm05@Sep 15 2005, 05:38 PM
What all is supposed to light up inside the car when the headlights are turned on. I have the whole center faceplate lighting up, the gauges, the auto roll down button. Is the letters on the gear shifter supposed to light up also? I am asking because I had my faceplate replaced today but they are saying I have to bring it back for a new one because the display screen does not light up. BUT I found two cords with red bulbs attached underneath the cupholder. I am wondering if these are the bulbs that go to that display screen? My gear shift letters do not light up though so those wires may go to that. Everything works on this new faceplate including all controls but the display screen does not light up. What could this possibily be, any way related to those wires?
[snapback]509151[/snapback]
Those two red bulbs are the ones that light up the shiftplate.

"Chipotle sucks ginormous donkey balls" - Blue Solrac


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
austinhusker is offline  
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-15-2005, 08:22 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
zmzmzm05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 806
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally posted by austinhusker@Sep 15 2005, 05:17 PM
Those two red bulbs are the ones that light up the shiftplate.
[snapback]509192[/snapback]

I thought so, oh well guess I have to make yet another trip back try to get this problem fixed.
zmzmzm05 is offline  
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-15-2005, 10:13 PM
Registered User
 
bolognajacob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hubertus, WI
Posts: 56
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
iTrader: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to bolognajacob Send a message via Yahoo to bolognajacob
The bulbs are very easy to put back in yourself. Pull up on the cupholder and the shiftplate comes with it. You will see where the 2 bulbs are supposed to go. Everything just snaps back together. This is a 5 minute job...save yourself a trip to the dealer.

Life's too short to drive slow. Zoom Zoom!
New - 2014 Snowflake White Pearl GT
Old - Volcanic Red 2004 V6 Hatch Loaded
bolognajacob is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome