User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 10:59 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
So I saw a topic for the longest lasting h1's and decided to follow suit.

I'm looking for a long lasting and white 194's for my parking lights. Right now, i'm running the Hyperwhite 194's from autoillumination, they have more or a blue/purple/white thing going on, but they last longer the the hyperwhites from superbrightleds, from which I hear, blow out in like 2 months.

The stockers last a long time, but give off that yellow look, which doesn't complement my lumincs and clear side markers.

Has anyone found a solution to a white bulb that lasts long (194)?

'03 6i MTX (Steel Grey)

Black Racing l CPE l Momo l EBC l JDM l Redline l McCulloch l Toyo l Hollanda l Luminics l PIAA l Freedom Design l Tanabe l RPM l MazdaSpeed l Hawk l DDE l Pulsar l
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 12:04 PM
Retired Moderator

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
I think there's no sure answer for this thread.

For example, I have LEDs from autolumination on my car. I already replaced the interior dome LEDs at least once since 2003. However, the funny thing is that my 4LEDs amber on my parking lights are still running from 2003. If you read around, you'll find that 99% of the time, the parking lights go bad very quickly (mostly because the heat).

So why are my parking lights longer lasting than the interior dome lights? I have no idea because it's supposed to be the other way around.

2006 Black Mazdaspeed6
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 03:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Jax6S@Sep 14 2005, 09:04 AM
I think there's no sure answer for this thread.

For example, I have LEDs from autolumination on my car.* I already replaced the interior dome LEDs at least once since 2003.* However, the funny thing is that my 4LEDs amber on my parking lights are still running from 2003.* If you read around, you'll find that 99% of the time, the parking lights go bad very quickly (mostly because the heat).

So why are my parking lights longer lasting than the interior dome lights?* I have no idea because it's supposed to be the other way around.
[snapback]507810[/snapback]

'03 6i MTX (Steel Grey)

Black Racing l CPE l Momo l EBC l JDM l Redline l McCulloch l Toyo l Hollanda l Luminics l PIAA l Freedom Design l Tanabe l RPM l MazdaSpeed l Hawk l DDE l Pulsar l
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 01:15 PM Thread Starter

Apparently no one knows this!

'03 6i MTX (Steel Grey)

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 03:24 PM

leds are like the lottery... also it depends where you live... temps... if you use high beams... blah blah blah

just to refute... i have FULL leds interior and exterior from superbright leds and have had them in for almost a year and they haven't flickered or burnt out yet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 03:37 PM

Send a message via MSN to DRAGONS6 Send a message via Yahoo to DRAGONS6
After melting a bunch of 4 bulb LED's in the parking lights I ended up going with a 1 LED inverted bulb. No problems in the last year. I think the thicker plastic around the bulb helps.

64 mods (so far) Too much money spent
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

6 of the month on eastcoast6.com March 2005 NH01

(better pics)
and check out myspace

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 03:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Hoosteen+Sep 19 2005, 12:24 PM-->
Quote:
leds are like the lottery... also it depends where you live... temps... if you use high beams... blah blah blah

just to refute... i have FULL leds interior and exterior from superbright leds and have had them in for almost a year and they haven't flickered or burnt out yet.
[snapback]512201[/snapback]
[/b]

Which bulb sizes do you have for the sidemarkers and parking lights

<!--QuoteBegin-DRAGONS6
@Sep 19 2005, 12:37 PM
After melting a bunch of 4 bulb LED&#39;s in the parking lights I ended up going with a 1 LED inverted bulb. No problems in the last year.* I think the thicker plastic around the bulb helps.
[snapback]512210[/snapback]

Same question: Which bulb sizes do you have for the sidemarkers and parking lights

I like the purple/white look of the 194s I have in the interior from autoillum, but I would rather have a crisp white look for the sidemarkers and parking lights.

&#39;03 6i MTX (Steel Grey)

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-21-2005, 04:03 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
I found a regular bulb at AZ that is much whiter and brighter than the 194s. It is a 2425 type for &#39;european&#39; applications. I&#39;ll try to get the vendor info and post it. I got tired of messing with flakey, dim leds and found these regular bulbs are cheap and bright.

Hawk ceramic pads, SS lines, PowerSlot Rotors, Tanabe-NFs+Konis, Kosei K1-TS, Spin On Conversion,
, 2 1/4" Exhaust,
, Adjustable Fan Controller
(An
)
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-21-2005, 06:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by twowheelin@Sep 21 2005, 01:03 PM
I found a regular bulb at AZ that is much whiter and brighter than the 194s. It is a 2425 type for &#39;european&#39; applications. I&#39;ll try to get the vendor info and post it. I got tired of messing with flakey, dim leds and found these regular bulbs are cheap and bright.
[snapback]514158[/snapback]

Def let us know the skinny on that!

&#39;03 6i MTX (Steel Grey)

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-21-2005, 11:49 PM

i have 194 6 leds EVERYWHERE, except the sidemarkers, which are matrix 5

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page