installed piaa extreme whites - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-28-2005, 02:45 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Houston, Tx
Posts: 535
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
raybrigs are good too but piaa are second to none
T_Flare is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-29-2005, 12:40 PM
Registered User
 
Spidy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 2,912
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Thanks: 2
Thanked 19 Times in 15 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
anyone know of a cheap place to buy these online?

Racing Beat Muffler :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Spidy is offline  
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-29-2005, 01:54 PM
Retired Moderator
 
Jax6S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 4,053
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 11 Times in 7 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally posted by Spidy@Aug 29 2005, 11:40 AM
anyone know of a cheap place to buy these online?
[snapback]495081[/snapback]
go to froogle.com and search for piaa h1

2006 Black Mazdaspeed6
Jax6S is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-29-2005, 10:52 PM
Learners License
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
how do u think this compares to the Sylvania Silverstars !!!!

anybody have any views ???
newnovice is offline  
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-29-2005, 11:49 PM
Registered User
 
Retired6's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Kailua, HI
Posts: 1,218
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
Biggest complaint you'd find (if searching for the silverstars) is the lack of longevity. Some members have had them burn out in mere weeks. From the feedback and research I conducted, the PIAA's longevity record is significantly greater.

The PIAA's currently being discussed have no color tint to them, they are pure white. Based on what has been stated by Jax, he notes the brightness is greater than the stock bulbs, and may even rival the stock high beams. So far, he (Jax) has had tremendous success with these bulbs and is one of the strongest advocates of this bulb brand.

I just purchased these as a result of what I've learned.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Retired6 is offline  
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 01:15 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Loma Linda,CA
Posts: 233
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally posted by STSCS@Aug 30 2005, 03:49 AM
Biggest complaint you'd find (if searching for the silverstars) is the lack of longevity.* Some members have had them burn out in mere weeks.* From the feedback and research I conducted, the PIAA's longevity record is significantly greater.

The PIAA's currently being discussed have no color tint to them, they are pure white.* Based on what has been stated by Jax, he notes the brightness is greater than the stock bulbs, and may even rival the stock high beams.* So far, he (Jax) has had tremendous success with these bulbs and is one of the strongest advocates of this bulb brand.

I just purchased these as a result of what I've learned.
[snapback]495680[/snapback]
so what do u think stscs ive had em for a week and i like em a lot. I think they are brighter than the stocks because i can see like real far down the road.
aimdonutz is offline  
post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 05:32 AM
Registered User
 
HowyKaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Loma Linda, CA / UCLA
Posts: 304
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
so i just recently (3 weeks ago) got a 6 and i guess im not the only one who's noticed the cross-eyed dimness of the stock headlights. and my question is that all i need to do to increase my viewing distance at night is get these PIAA H1 bulbs for the low beam of my headlight? and what kinda life span am i expecting from these PIAA's....like....a few years? I've heard these xenon gas filled halogen filiment bulbs burn bright but burn out fast. help a noob out.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
HowyKaos is offline  
post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 07:38 AM
Retired Moderator
 
Jax6S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 4,053
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 11 Times in 7 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally posted by HowyKaos@Aug 30 2005, 04:32 AM
so i just recently (3 weeks ago) got a 6 and i guess im not the only one who's noticed the cross-eyed dimness of the stock headlights.* and my question is that all i need to do to increase my viewing distance at night is get these PIAA H1 bulbs for the low beam of my headlight?* and what kinda life span am i expecting from these PIAA's....like....a few years?* I've heard these xenon gas filled halogen filiment bulbs burn bright but burn out fast.* help a noob out.
[snapback]495815[/snapback]
If you really want to see really good, you should get HID. PIAA light output is more than stock but it doesn't compare to a true HID.

Speaking about longetivity, I have them on since 2003 and it's still going.

2006 Black Mazdaspeed6
Jax6S is offline  
post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 12:54 PM
Registered User
 
HowyKaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Loma Linda, CA / UCLA
Posts: 304
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
awesome, i've heard its 15,000 miles at 50 mph life span (dunno where they got that kinda statistic) but about 300 hours. i'm just too poor to afford HID's and i've heard praises of how pretty the 13000k's are and how they're bright as sunlight when lit at night and even how they're visible in the daylight.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
HowyKaos is offline  
post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 02:16 PM
Retired Moderator
 
Jax6S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 4,053
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 11 Times in 7 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally posted by HowyKaos@Aug 30 2005, 11:54 AM
how pretty the 13000k's are and how they're bright as sunlight when lit at night and even how they're visible in the daylight.
[snapback]496023[/snapback]

Unless you're using Ultraviolet light bulbs, I don't think there's a bulb that is rated at 13000K.

8000K is already very blue for HID and that's the max.

2006 Black Mazdaspeed6
Jax6S is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome