How do you close windows, sunroof if power fails? - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-26-2005, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 440
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
Is there a backup method of closing the windows and sunroof if the power doesnt work for some reason? On my old car there was a manual way of closing the sunroof if the power didnt work... not sure if there is something like that for the 6. My pw, p/sunroof works fine, I was just wondering in case it's raining one day and the switch malfunctions.
venom is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-27-2005, 03:19 PM
Learners License
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: SE France
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally posted by venom@Aug 26 2005, 07:36 PM
Is there a backup method of closing the windows and sunroof if the power doesnt work for some reason? On my old car there was a manual way of closing the sunroof if the power didnt work... not sure if there is something like that for the 6. My pw, p/sunroof works fine, I was just wondering in case it's raining one day and the switch malfunctions.
[snapback]493315[/snapback]
And also how do you open them? There's no external key slot on the hatch for the 5-door. I came back to an airport car park last week to find my battery totally flat. Torch (flashlight) & jump leads were in the trunk The only door you can open is the driver's door, even the internal door lock buttons are electric. From now on I keep a torch in the glovebox...
stevej is offline  
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-27-2005, 04:08 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 431
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally posted by stevej@Aug 27 2005, 02:19 PM
And also how do you open them? There's no external key slot on the hatch for the 5-door. I came back to an airport car park last week to find my battery totally flat. Torch (flashlight)* & jump leads were in the trunk * The only door you can open is the driver's door, even the internal door lock buttons are electric.* From now on I keep a torch in the glovebox...
[snapback]493904[/snapback]
One of those things not really thought through on alot of modern cars.. what to do when power is out.. Of course this car you can fold down the seats to get to the trunk but it still would be good if there was a manual release someplace.
JTZako is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-27-2005, 09:06 PM
Registered User
 
ZMBYN6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 182
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
I was checking out a protege forum yesterday and came upon this. (YOU HAVE TO GO TO THE FIRST POST) This allows for the power to the windows and moonroof to always be on. It is for the protege, but I'm sure we must have similar electrical systems. This seems a little harder. It will allow the moonroof to automatically close if it starts raining. I don't know if this is what you guys were looking for, but I thought it was a cool idea.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ZMBYN6 is offline  
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-28-2005, 12:12 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 440
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
Thanks for the links ZMBYN6.. the rain-detect moonroof close is a cool idea. My original post was actually about a manual way of closing the windows or sunroof if there is NO power at all (e.g. dead battery)... like some sort of manual lever but I suspect there is no such thing.

Quote:
Originally posted by ZMBYN6@Aug 27 2005, 09:06 PM
I was checking out a protege forum yesterday and came upon this. (YOU HAVE TO GO TO THE FIRST POST) This allows for the power to the windows and moonroof to always be on. It is for the protege, but I'm sure we must have similar electrical systems.* This seems a little harder. It will allow the moonroof to automatically close if it starts raining. I don't know if this is what you guys were looking for, but I thought it was a cool idea.
[snapback]494097[/snapback]
venom is offline  
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-28-2005, 09:52 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 431
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
JTZako is offline  
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-03-2005, 02:57 AM
Registered User
 
gater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 1,197
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
good call, goot thing i have a hatch so i can get in my trunk even with no power......that way i can get my jumper cords

2005 Mazda 6s
Hatch Back - 5 Door - Lapis Blue - 6-Speed Sport A/T
Leather - Bose Audio Package - Auto Dimming Mirror w/ Homelink
Factory Remote Starter - Shock Sensor Upgrade - LED Parking and Side Lights
Clear Side Markers - PIAA Xtreme White Lows, Highs and Fogs - Chrome Fuel Door


gater is offline  
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-03-2005, 11:00 AM
Registered User
 
iammike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Hampton Roads, VA
Posts: 1,653
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally posted by JTZako@Aug 27 2005, 04:08 PM
One of those things not really thought through on alot of modern cars.. what to do when power is out..* Of course this car you can fold down the seats to get to the trunk but it still would be good if there was a manual release someplace.
[snapback]493928[/snapback]
Actually, no you can't. The release for the fold down back seats is located in the trunk itself. At least on the 04, there is no way from in cabin to fold down the seats.

Mike / 2004 Mazda 6s / V6 5-Speed

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
///
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
///
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
///
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
///
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
iammike is offline  
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-03-2005, 11:17 AM
Registered User
 
vtusaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 449
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
Making more electrical items run from a hot wire will only kill your battery faster. Just keep one of those charging units in your trunk and make sure it stays charged. Any forcing of an electrical motor will burn it out.
vtusaf is offline  
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-03-2005, 11:47 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 431
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally posted by iammike@Sep 3 2005, 10:00 AM
Actually, no you can't.* The release for the fold down back seats is located in the trunk itself.* At least on the 04, there is no way from in cabin to fold down the seats.
[snapback]499339[/snapback]
Both the 04 and the 05 have a button on the top side of each seat that can be reached from inside the car (not the trunk) to fold down the seat. There is also the one in the trunk.
JTZako is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome