Sport bumper fogs : Installation, Pics, and Review - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-18-2005, 02:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
i totally agre with you spidy, the quality is 100% CRAP but we have no othe rchoice, i liek the look and i did a little fixing before i installed. I paintd them, and installed HID and even now the patten still shows on the ground and mine seems like a fixture of yellows on the floor. One thing i dont agree with is how a PITA they are to install you really dont have to take off your bumber to do it, but you probably should to do the best job possible.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Fully working LCD Display
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-18-2005, 03:23 PM

I like the way both your fogs are hooked up, I wonder if I can do it.
Yeah the bumper fogs lights are bad, I've had no issues with the housing, they fit real tight. The first thing I did when I got mine was to prime, paint and take the fog lights out and put OEM Mazda fog lights in. They should be sold as housing only this way you don't have to pay for the light that come's with it. Would I order them again yeah, hell yeah,. I wasn't going to spend money and not install them. I do think for those who order these will have to remember that they will have to make some modification to make them look perfect. Now I'm not saying do we have to purchase crap to get what we want. I'm saying, before I installed mine
(I was on the first order) leftyrev had given his review so I already knew what I was getting. But in all yours look good.

><((((>`..`..`...><((((>.
`.. , . .`.. ><((((>`..`..`...ZOOM-ZOOM!!><((MS6))>
`.. , . .`.. ><((((>
post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-18-2005, 03:33 PM

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via Yahoo to leftyrev
Quote:
Originally posted by FICHSTIX@Sep 18 2005, 03:23 PM
Yeah the bumper fogs lights are bad, I&#39;ve had no issues with the housing, they fit real tight. The first thing I did when I got mine was to prime, paint and take the fog lights out and put OEM Mazda fog lights in. They should be sold as housing only this way you don&#39;t have to pay for the light that come&#39;s with it. Would I order them again yeah, hell yeah,. I wasn&#39;t going to spend money and not install them. I do think for those who order these will have to remember that they will have to make some modification to make them look perfect. Now I&#39;m not saying do we have to purchase crap to get what we want. I&#39;m saying, before I installed mine
(I was on the first order)* leftyrev had given his review so I already knew what I was getting. But in all yours look good.
[snapback]511356[/snapback]
so fich , the oem fogs for the 6i fit ? i was wondering about that i didnt know you did the change . any way you can take a close up pic . what modifications were needed and how is the light pattern ? would be nice to finally find a resolution for this fog light so i can install mine even tho i dont get to put my hid in them .

2004 Steel grey MAZDA 6 hatchback , owned since 12\19\04
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-18-2005, 07:25 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally posted by FICHSTIX@Sep 18 2005, 02:23 PM
Yeah the bumper fogs lights are bad, I&#39;ve had no issues with the housing, they fit real tight. The first thing I did when I got mine was to prime, paint and take the fog lights out and put OEM Mazda fog lights in. They should be sold as housing only this way you don&#39;t have to pay for the light that come&#39;s with it. Would I order them again yeah, hell yeah,. I wasn&#39;t going to spend money and not install them. I do think for those who order these will have to remember that they will have to make some modification to make them look perfect. Now I&#39;m not saying do we have to purchase crap to get what we want. I&#39;m saying, before I installed mine
(I was on the first order)* leftyrev had given his review so I already knew what I was getting. But in all yours look good.
[snapback]511356[/snapback]

Yes please elaborate! You mean you got OEM fogs or just the bulbs to fit in the lower sports housings? If so, what did you have to do to make them fit, and like asked already.. how is the beam pattern compared to the shit fogs the housings came with.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 12:03 AM

Send a message via AIM to JettaJet
Quote:
Originally posted by r1labs@Sep 18 2005, 06:34 PM
i totally agre with you spidy, the quality is 100% CRAP but we have no othe rchoice, i liek the look and i did a little fixing before i installed.* I paintd them, and installed HID and even now the patten still shows on the ground and mine seems like a fixture of yellows on the floor.** One thing i dont agree with is how a PITA they are to install you really dont have to take off your bumber to do it, but you probably should to do the best job possible.
[snapback]511333[/snapback]
Nope. It isn&#39;t spelled "bumber" you side-stepping soccer mom. It&#39;s spelled "bumper," with a "p." What are you thinking?
post #16 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 01:26 AM

looks pretty good
post #17 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by leftyrev+Sep 18 2005, 07:33 PM-->
Quote:
so fich , the oem fogs for the 6i fit ? i was wondering about that i didnt know you did the change . any way you can take a close up pic . what modifications were needed and how is the light pattern ? would be nice to finally find a resolution for this fog light so i can install mine even tho i dont get to put my hid in them .
[snapback]511358[/snapback]
[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-Axion
@Sep 18 2005, 11:25 PM
Yes please elaborate! You mean you got OEM fogs or just the bulbs to fit in the lower sports housings? If so, what did you have to do to make them fit, and like asked already.. how is the beam pattern compared to the shit fogs the housings came with.
[snapback]511461[/snapback]

Yes the 6i OEM fog lights not the bulbs . I had to smooth the inside a bit because of the other lights but the fogs fit tight, the OEM have the screw on the side to keep them from sliding out. The lighting is much better then the one&#39;s that came with it. I&#39;m using PIAA ION&#39;s for bulbs, I can go down a dark street with no headlights and see what&#39;s on the ground in front of me as well as the sign&#39;s. I&#39;ll post picture&#39;s tonight.

`.. , . .`.. ><((((>`..`..`...ZOOM-ZOOM!!><((MS6))>
`.. , . .`.. ><((((>
post #18 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 03:51 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by FICHSTIX@Sep 19 2005, 07:21 AM
Yes the 6i OEM fog lights not the bulbs . I had to smooth the inside a bit because of the other lights but the fogs fit tight, the OEM have the screw on the side to keep them from sliding out.* The lighting is much better then the one&#39;s that came with it. I&#39;m using PIAA ION&#39;s for bulbs, I can go down a dark street with no headlights and see what&#39;s on the ground in front of me as well as the sign&#39;s. I&#39;ll post picture&#39;s tonight.
[snapback]511762[/snapback]
Sweet. This may be the solution we&#39;ve been looking for... but I guess it comes at a price. Its like buying to fog light sets

Racing Beat Muffler :
post #19 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 08:50 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to leftyrev
yeah how much was the foglights ?

2004 Steel grey MAZDA 6 hatchback , owned since 12\19\04
post #20 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 09:19 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boreddusty
I found them here for $127.50

"Roku:" 2005 Steel Grey 6s ATX.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page