Luminics vs Stock Headlight Debate - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 01:29 PM

Location: Waterloo (near T.O.), ON, Canada (Indonesian-Chinese)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to t_mo_t
Quote:
Originally posted by diesel5599@Jun 28 2005, 05:18 PM
Actually that is not exactly correct. Between 4700K - 6300K is the brightest part of the white spectrum, which is why the stock HIDs that come with the high end cars are much brighter than halogens.

http://www.colorfacts.com/colorfacts/help/...colorsystem.htm
[snapback]442155[/snapback]
Yes that is true.... but remember that HID/Xenon bulbs uses different technology as opposed to halogen bulbs... which is why the theory doesnt apply... besides, most HID "kit" comes in 4700K, 6000K and up.... which is what i was talking about.. and luminiscs rated at 5150K i believe....

Tanabe GF210 Springs, AutoExe CF grill, Retrofit (Bosch E46/Audi TT DOT projector) + Philips D2S 5000K (85122+) bulbs, Lower fog, 2 x 10" Sony Xplod, MTX MXA6001 Class D amp, 12" Varad White LED bar + 4 x Varad single LEDs, Airbox Mod, Sidemarkers Mod, Taillight Mod, Foglight Mod, Clear sidemarkers, 4 x white 6-WLEDs, 4 x white 5-LEDs, 2 x orange 5-LEDs, 2 x Polarg Hybrid XenonWhite 194 bulbs, 2 x blue 921 LEDs, 2 x OEM muffler tips,Redline MTX fluid, Ichiban Shift Knob, Ractive Shift Boot, TWM short shifter, Focal PolyGlass 130v1 components, Infinity 6802cf, Duplicolor Red caliper paint, Royal Purple 5W20 Synthetic Oil, Hawks brake pads
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 01:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally posted by t_mo_t@Jun 28 2005, 05:29 PM
Yes that is true.... but remember that HID/Xenon bulbs uses different technology as opposed to halogen bulbs... which is why the theory doesnt apply... besides, most HID "kit" comes in 4700K, 6000K and up.... which is what i was talking about.. and luminiscs rated at 5150K i believe....
[snapback]442163[/snapback]

Gotcha. I agree, halogen simply cannot output the same lumens at higher kelvin due to limitations of the technology. I thought you were referring to Kelvin output overall.

Nisan GTR: 2010 Gun Metallic Premium
Mods: Valentine One Radar Detector, Garmin Nuvi GPS, Tint 15% all around, M25 Laser Jammer

Infiniti G35S (SOLD): 2007 Liquid Platinum G35S MT w/Premium Package
Mods: Tint (35% front, 25% rear), Debadged Rear, V1 Radar Detector, Pioneer 6 disk DVD changer (XDVP6), 1 x 2500.1 Kicker amps, 2 x 1000W RMS Kicker Subs, Myron Davis headrest DVD system (AHDM7L), M-25 Active Laser Jammer, Optima Battery

Mazda 6 (SOLD): Glacier Silver Mazda 6s V6 ATX every option minus Bose
Mods: Twin 8000K HID kits (low beams/integrated fogs), lower NA 13,000K HID fogs, Silverstar front turn signals, Chromax rear turn signals, Euro tails, Magnaflow catback, CP-E MAF Customizer, High Output Battery, Inverted 194 markers, 3 7" DVD screens, 2000W Rockford Fosgate system, Alpine DVA-9860 Head Unit, upgraded ground, Kosei K1 TS Rims, Toyo Proxes 4 tires, completely debadged, Valentine1 Radar detector, Photo Reflective Spray, Photo Reflective Plate Cover, Clear Side Markers, 5LED hyperwhite sidemarker bulbs, M-20 Active Laser Jammer, Painted Calipers, EBC Greenstuff Brake Pads

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-29-2005, 10:41 AM

used my luminics for a month and sold them. Like others have said, I rather see than be seen. The OSRAM Silverstars have been the best bulb for me, yeah they aren't "HID BLUE" but you can see 10x better than the stock and luminics bulbs with them, just my .02

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

05 Steel grey 6i
89 mustang (few mods
) sold-THANK GOD, can't afford the gas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-30-2005, 10:18 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I just threw my luminics in my fogs, and they have no bluish tint whatsoever?? I got the hyperwhite ones, poped one in and compared to the stock side, and they looked almost the same!? lol

Anyone tried the "blue" bulbs from them?

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-01-2005, 12:21 AM

no, i haven't tried the blue ones.... but I'm very tempted to

And FYI: ANY bulb that has ANY tint on the bulb casing WILL REDUCE output.

Be it..... luminics, nokya, eurodezigns, PIAA.... they all have LESS output than stock

what differentiates them is HOW MUCH do they reduce light output compared to stock.

Cheap bulbs that go for more "BLUE" will reduce more light output obviously

Quality bulbs will still be less than stock, but by not as much as others.

Believe me, i've gone through almost 6 different brands of cheap bulbs including luminics and have been unhappy with all..... including my 7500K spark blue PIAA bulbs.... which cost me $85.

But the spark blues are the best matching "colorwise" for my 6000K HIDs.
But I'm wanting a little more blue.... thus i might try the luminics blue bulbs soon.

post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-01-2005, 12:43 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Yeah man I think im going to try those as well, like I said before I could care less about foglight output for myself. I just want something to match my damn HIDs, same as yours probably.

Im gonna see if I can't just swap out my Luminics using their warrenty deal, well see..

post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-01-2005, 01:20 AM

Groans: 1
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Talking

I also used the PIAA extreme white, and PIAAs, Spark Blue Super Plasma, and my humble conclusion is that the Xtec 6000k HIDs from RPM (Falcontx), is the best thing I've had in my car so far. I still like the look of PIAAs Crystal Ions in the fogs. I like the contrasting colors: gives it that Lexus/Mercedes look. Just my .02

Aloha

大きく悪いお父さんのガレージ

Where 'fix' doesn't always mean 'repair'
*Spare parts available*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page