i think XTEC sent me the wrong bulbs! - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-13-2005, 08:06 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to zxc1104 Send a message via MSN to zxc1104 Send a message via Yahoo to zxc1104
i ordered the XTEC 6000K for my 6 like 2 weeks back, with the H1 bulbs/balasts etc. I was soo excited to receive the kit, but when i looked to the side... i noticed it had H7 bulbs check marked on the box...

i emailed the XTEC sales guy stating my problem, coz' i didn't want no issues with anything with returns coz' i hadn't even opened up the box.

he emailed me back (promptly) letting me to check inside the box saying that there might have been a mixup with just the packaging... and hoping that that was the issue, i open up the bulbs box and check out the bulbs...

sadly... i checked around it... not sure what H1 HID bulbs look like (coz' i'm a real n00b at this) i took pics and sent him an email back... stating that this is what were inside the box...

on/around the bulbs... it said - HID BULB H7 TYPE 12V 35W - which i'm assuming that they are infact H7 bulbs...

so... i'm totally bummed and kinda upset that they would get this order wrong... *sigh* ... anyone else experience this?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-13-2005, 08:07 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to zxc1104 Send a message via MSN to zxc1104 Send a message via Yahoo to zxc1104
oh, and sorry about the shitty pics... they were taken with my camera phone... lol and sometimes the pics turn out shitty coz' of the lighting...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-13-2005, 09:16 PM

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
If you look at this website,

http://www.xenonfactory.com/products/hid/polarion.htm

Click on the 4,100k picture of the bulb. I don't know if ALL bulbs are supposed to look like that but that's what mine looks like. I'd definitely email Xtec those pictures. Don't want to go through all that trouble with installations and find out they are not the right ones.

Philips - CPE - Racing Beat - Koni - Mazdaspeed - SSR - Falken
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-13-2005, 09:24 PM Thread Starter

i was about to go install... but i decided to read the box... and then blah...

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-13-2005, 10:35 PM

Groans: 1
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Yeah, Rekcrazyboy PM'd me about the color output on my 6000k. Seems as if he got the wrong color bulbs. I'm not an expert, but his 6000k's does seem a lot whiter than mine, almost pure white. Like 4500k. I e-mailed some photos of my HIDs, to him, and I know he's not happy whith what he's got.

Aloha

大きく悪いお父さんのガレージ

Where 'fix' doesn't always mean 'repair'
*Spare parts available*
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-14-2005, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bigbaddad@Jun 13 2005, 10:35 PM
Yeah, Rekcrazyboy PM'd me about the color output on my 6000k.* Seems as if he got the wrong color bulbs.* I'm not an expert, but his 6000k's does seem a lot whiter than mine, almost pure white.* Like 4500k.* I e-mailed some photos of my HIDs, to him, and I know he's not happy whith what he's got.

Aloha
[snapback]430705[/snapback]
We offered him to exchange the bulb and would like to see if in fact they weren't 6000K bulbs. That would be a first but like always we want to have satisfied customers.

As for the H7 and H1 mix up, it was an error in shipping and is being taken care of. I know it's frustrating when an error is made in your order but we still have humans shipping the orders and unfortunately even though we always try to minimize that, mistakes can happen. Sorry again for the mix up.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-14-2005, 09:09 AM Thread Starter

how long of a wait am i looking at?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page