Freaking crappy trunk light.... - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-13-2005, 12:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to FreeStyLinDrive Send a message via MSN to FreeStyLinDrive
Can anyone say, freakin crappy trunk all together? Mazda should redesign the trunk hinges so that "trunk springs" can be added. On my Mercedes, I have a trunk release button on my remote. When I push the button, it not only unlocks the trunk, but the lid flys open. When you have a load of bags to put in the trunk, the lid flying open really helps.

You cannot teach a man anything; you can only help him find it within himself.
*Galileo {1564-1642 Italian Astronomer & Mathematician}

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-13-2005, 12:18 PM

Send a message via AIM to toadkicker Send a message via MSN to toadkicker Send a message via Yahoo to toadkicker
Quote:
Originally posted by FreeStyLinDrive@Aug 13 2005, 09:04 AM
Can anyone say, freakin crappy trunk all together?* Mazda should redesign the trunk hinges so that "trunk springs" can be added. On my Mercedes, I have a trunk release button on my remote. When I push the button, it not only unlocks the trunk, but the lid flys open. When you have a load of bags to put in the trunk, the lid flying open really helps.
[snapback]483582[/snapback]
I know this drives me crazy because I often have large computers or bodies to put back there, and I have to set them down to open the trunk. That's it, pop-up trunk is my weekend project!
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-13-2005, 02:26 PM

Send a message via AIM to FreeStyLinDrive Send a message via MSN to FreeStyLinDrive
Quote:
Originally posted by toadkicker@Aug 13 2005, 11:18 AM
I know this drives me crazy because I often have large computers or bodies to put back there, and I have to set them down to open the trunk. That's it, pop-up trunk is my weekend project!
[snapback]483591[/snapback]

I looked into buying a set of trunk springs and installing them on my Mazda 3. But the way Mazda has the trunk hinges, its a no can do for me. Maybe your Mazda 6's trunk is designed better.

You cannot teach a man anything; you can only help him find it within himself.
*Galileo {1564-1642 Italian Astronomer & Mathematician}

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-24-2006, 02:00 AM

hey otaking do you think you can take some pics of the wiring itself???? i have a 04 Mazda6s hatch but i cant seem to find the wiring for the trunk light ... PLEASE HELP MEEEEEEEEEE ... sorry this thread kinda died but i needed help so i brought it back up again lol

<strike>2004 Mazda6s 5-speed BOSE+full package</strike> ---> 2006 Acura TL:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 01:46 AM

anyone know where i can tap into the trunk lights? I can&#39;t find the hatch wiring ...

<strike>2004 Mazda6s 5-speed BOSE+full package</strike> ---> 2006 Acura TL:

post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 06:25 AM
Learners License

Quote:
Can anyone say, freakin crappy trunk all together? Mazda should redesign the trunk hinges so that "trunk springs" can be added. On my Mercedes, I have a trunk release button on my remote. When I push the button, it not only unlocks the trunk, but the lid flys open. When you have a load of bags to put in the trunk, the lid flying open really helps.
[/b]
the boot opening in the mazda6 uses hinges because it doesnt eat into the boot space. with cars that have the &#39;fly open&#39; function, a large round bar on each side of the boot lid gets in the way (on cheapo cars without a liner to cover that bit), so if you had the boot absolutely full, you will not be able to close it. with the hinges, what you see is what you get, you can fill the boot right up to the top and the boot will still close no problems
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 06:40 PM

i dont mind the "not flying open" trunk release.....cuz think about it: if your hands are full carrying your stuff or a corpse, how are you gonna press the release button on your remote transmittor in the first place? just drop yo stuff, ya fruitcakes...

post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 06:52 PM

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via MSN to Skimoab
Quote:
Can anyone say, freakin crappy trunk all together?[/b]
One more point for the Hatch!

Dave-cito el Chaparrito!
Black Onyx 2005 Mazda 6s ATX 5 Door. Tinted windows, Clear Anzo Sidemarkers, All-Season Floor & Trunk Mats, Painted Red Calipers, Visual Garage Shark Fin Antenna, Air Box mod.

post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 08:59 AM

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
anyone know where i can tap into the trunk lights? I can&#39;t find the hatch wiring ...
[/b]
When you open the hatch, the trunk light is upside down on the driver&#39;s side. It&#39;s basically next to the side storage bin. Take off the light cover and the screw(s). The trunk light wires are attached to the light switch.
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 09:57 AM

Send a message via AIM to chambers7867 Send a message via Yahoo to chambers7867
u wanna know what&#39;s funny? i dont even have a trunk light in my car! they did not put one in while making the car! no wires or anything! crazy! i bought my car new! but it was a first year car so errors will happen! it&#39;s not to big of a deal though, just a funny problem!

MAZDA 6i 2.3l: Magnaflow exhaust, InJen intake, Cpe battery tray, Oddssey lightweight battery, Nitrous Express efi wet kit, Nos bottle warmer, Nos bottle Blanket, MR. Racing nitrous plate, Zex purge kit, AutoMeter Nitrous, Tranny, Air/fuel, Volt gauge (sportscomp) Lotek 3 gauge pod, MoMo Duke shiftknob, MoMo endurance shiftboot, Powdercoated valve cover, Powdercoated wheels, Rotra rotors, BenDix brake pads, Stainless steel brake lines, stainless steel fuel lines, MR. Racing fuel rail, Autometer fuel pressure gauge, custom strut bar, 10% tint all around, tinted taillights and sidelights, Planet audio 5x7 speakers all around, Jvc Exad dvd player headunit. carbon fiber hood.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page