JrV

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by leftyrev@May 31 2005, 09:34 PM
i agree with you hoost , but god forbid now you mentioned shift light , here comes the haters thatsee somthing they dont like and they label it "RICER".

heres a combo shift light/Tach that i was thinking of getting now for a while , its small and fits in the loteK pod . i figured it would be a decent add on considering i only want oil preasure and Voltmeter in the pod. dont really have a use for any other guages for the pod .

http://www.autotoys.com/x/catalog/STEWART_...LED_p_3564.html
[snapback]421680[/snapback]
If your going to add another Tach, why wouldnt you get something that you can read easily. A tach in the lotek IMO is worse than the one on the dash for ease of use. Also a temp gauge is a valuable gauge to have as our factory one sucks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-31-2005, 10:05 PM

Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via Yahoo to leftyrev
Quote:
Originally posted by JrV@May 31 2005, 09:46 PM
If your going to add another Tach, why wouldnt you get something that you can read easily. A tach in the lotek IMO is worse than the one on the dash for ease of use. Also a temp gauge is a valuable gauge to have as our factory one sucks.
[snapback]421685[/snapback]

like you said , in your opinion , wich dont mean that i wouldnt find it better there . last i looked im driving my car not you . the stock temp guage does suck but its just fine for me i dont do autocross with my car , what am i gonna do look at the temp rise and fall when i know its doing that anyway ? if it does get hot enough for me to worry about it the stock gauge would pick it up also .
and i have a MTX so i cant use a tranny temp gauge .
oil temp , i dont have a use for .

like i said i only need oil preasure and voltage gauges for my car, i figured i might try filling a spot in the lotek pod with somthing I would find usefull .

by the way the Stewart Warner Tach i posted before has a shift light and i could set it at any RPM i wanted , so that would help not making it critical to look at the tach if i chose not to .

2004 Steel grey MAZDA 6 hatchback , owned since 12\19\04
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 08:39 AM

whered YaMan go? this WAS his thread... oh well, way to scare off the newbs guys! lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
//
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 11:15 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
YanMan08,

Don't you have an ATX?

post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 02:43 PM

Send a message via AIM to biofreak Send a message via MSN to biofreak
i'd suggest getting just a shift light, you already have a tach. you can also hide the shift light in one of your vents.

Tony

04 Onyx Black 6s
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 05:24 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Send a message via AIM to YanMan08
Quote:
Originally posted by crossbow@Jun 1 2005, 11:15 AM
YanMan08,

Don't you have an ATX?
[snapback]421993[/snapback]

Number one...if i wanted a ricer i would have bought a honda

Crossbow - to answer your question its Manual.

And for everyone else. i just asked a simple question that no one knows the answer too.
Trust me...im not the first to put a tach in my car. If you look up other forums other people want to do it too because its THERE CAR.
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 05:32 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Quote:
Originally posted by leftyrev@Jun 1 2005, 12:59 AM
lol , your barking up the wrong tree buddy , ive probably driven more types of vehicles than you probably just hoped you could sit in* . and im no kid , at 35 ive been around . when did you get your licence 3 years ago ?

like i said before its not somthing i need its somthing i would find usefull wich part of that didnt you understand

you can voice your opinion, but the topic asked for info not opinions or if this was "Ricer" or not .* i would like to see pics of your non Ricer mazda 6 .

some of you guys are more concerned about what sombody else puts in thier cars and i dont see your cars have jack in them . so why dont you worry about modding your car intead of telling me or someone else how to* .
[snapback]421802[/snapback]
Exactly what im talking about. Ok if you car is fast and you park it at a car show...are you gonna win anything. Nope. People at car shows look for modded vechiles.

How much you worked on the car. What did you do different. Shit like that. Plus when wagner puts out the turbo kit for the v6 then its ok to have a tach with a shift light is what your sayin??? Whatever...You work on your car and i'll work on mine. Just asked if anyone had a answer.

Pretty much the only person that knows what im talking about it leftyrev
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 05:37 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Quote:
Originally posted by blackmagik_13@May 31 2005, 05:05 PM
Yeah, kinda wondering as well * You've obviously got our curiosity!*

BTW, I take it that's your car in your avatar right?* Which gauges do you have?* I notice they're all different colors, are they LED's?* I've got some that do the same, just wondering.* And which do you have?
[snapback]421560[/snapback]
There all led gauges that turn 7 colors. The radio display is gettin changed to blue too when im done with it. The gauges are SPW. Volts, air/fuel , and oil pressure.
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 09:02 PM
Retired Moderator

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Ok kids, instead of closing the thread and leaving it pretty much pointless and with no real information, I have deleted all blatantly off-topic and inflammatory posts. Please remain on-topic and try to help a fellow 6'er out in his dilemma.

Don't make me turn this thread around and put all of you out on the side of the road!

1980 Pontiac Bonneville - White w/ 301 V8 - The last Poncho
Smog pump delete - Accel super coil - Bluestreak cap & rotor - Dynomax long tube headers & 2.5" true dual exhaust w/ Dynomax Ultraflo mufflers

1994 Mazda B3000 SE
Daily driver

"In fact, we should have a threesome cuz I love me some crazy bitch lesbian action!" - Turbo6Girl
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 09:30 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to leftyrev
Quote:
Originally posted by 84FordMan@Jun 1 2005, 09:02 PM
Ok kids, instead of closing the thread and leaving it pretty much pointless and with no real information, I have deleted all blatantly off-topic and inflammatory posts. Please remain on-topic and try to help a fellow 6'er out in his dilemma.

Don't make me turn this thread around and put all of you out on the side of the road!*
[snapback]422525[/snapback]

thanks for not closing the post . and im sorry to any other members offended other than who it was pointed to

back on topic :

been doing some research while this post was going on . ive never installed a tach before so i had no clue . from what i found on the Stewart Warner site it hooks into the Electronic ignition . where the Electronic Ignition is on the car i have no idea . havent looked for it before .

also from directed electronics when installing a alarm , they say for the tach connection :
(Tachometer NOT blk/wht or grn/stripe ac ignition coil or coil pack.)

i havnt been under my hood in a while havnt tried looking for anything yet as i have other projects im working on at the moment .

im sure there is also a wire in the main harness with tach readings . i was thinking of calling CPE and asking when the time came .

2004 Steel grey MAZDA 6 hatchback , owned since 12\19\04
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page