LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-19-2005, 01:21 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi there

I need someone's expertise on whether or not I will be able to have A LOT better access to change my parking lights, by taking off the bumper of the car. What happened is now that I have HID installed for both my headlights and foglights (2 HID kits one H1 and one H3), there is no room for me to manoever so that I can get into the parking light area with my hands to change the burnt out bulb (because of the wiring and also ballasts of the HID kits) Also, because when Speedstar (store that installed the kits for me) installed my H3 HID kit for the fogs, they had to drill into the dust cap of the fog light/parking light (the oval piece of plastic) and now that the wire for the H3 HID kit is going the the plastic dust cap, I can't even really take off the dust cap So I'm wondering if I take off the bumper will I be able to gain better access to change my parking light bulbs? Or is there another way of changing the parking light bulbs?? (I know how to change parking lights by reading the post here on the forums by Blackmagik. I had no problems changing them before the installation of the HID kits )

Is it possible after removing the bumper to remove the headlight housing to change the parking light bulbs that way?? I see 2 visible metal clips on the headlight housing when I lift up the hood of the car, do I remove those clips or is it something entirely different. Is there a write up for how to remove the headlight housing? I didn't find any write up on the search

On a side note, I don't know why but my parking lights (I use 4 LED's from Autolumination.com and have used 2 LED bulbs) but my problem is that they seem to burn out quite quickly, sometimes it'll be all 4 LED's of the bulb that burn out other times it will be one of the 4 or 2 of the 4 LED"s on the LED bulb that burn out. I haven't had my parking lights (LED bulbs) last over 2-3 months without it burning out on me... I know the LED's are suppose to last, so why aren't my bulbs lasting?

Help pls on both issues
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-19-2005, 01:56 PM
Retired Moderator

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
There's a how-to section on mazda6tech to remove the headlight assembly.

Click here

Regarding your parking light, a lot of people complain about the LEDs burn out too quickly. It might be because of the heat of the main bulb that the LEDs don't last long in there. However, I've been using the same 4LED Amber from Autolumination in my parking light since 2003. I guess I'm lucky.

2006 Black Mazdaspeed6
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-19-2005, 02:07 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
From what your saying, it doesn't seem very likley your going to have any better chance at changing them if you take the bumper and headlight from the car. Your still going to need access behind that oval dustcap, since thats where the little stalk thing is that holds the parking lights.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page